My First Grow

I've had many firsts on this grow and one of them is flushing. Am I the slowest mf in the world or what? It took me 9 hours to flush 5 gallons ea thru 39 plants! I checked runoff on all of 'em. I flushed with tap water and GH Florakleen @ 1 tsp/gal. Water ph was 6.8 to 7.0 Runoff was 6.3 to 6.5. When I first came to 420 I didn't even know what runoff was! The girls are in 30 hours of dark right now and will go 12/12 with lighting afterwards. Please look at my flushing technique and tell me if I did it right!

flushing_001s.jpg

flushing_006s.jpg

Thats the perfect way Hogdady no over way really, a water butt and watering wand luv em but why did you flush before you went in to flower? Does your nutrients instructions tell you to when beginning flowering

You might want consider buying some good organic nutrients, then there will be no need for heavy flushing. you could just water with pH'ed water the last two weeks of flower

why did you flush before you went in to flower?

i am a student of 420. there are some folks here that are very successful that advocate flushing between cycles...i don't mind the work if it helps :smokin:

i am a student of 420. there are some folks here that are very successful that advocate flushing between cycles...i don't mind the work if it helps :smokin:

Okay, guess you've flushed any build up of salts that are in you medium:goodjob:

Lets see these ladies grow:nicethread:

HOGDADDY: There not much I can say but..GREAT GROW and great work keeping everything nice and organized. Love the mother box.May have to steal that sliding door from you..LOL..And +rep for flushing inbetween. Thats my rule of thumb right there...
In between each nute change out and regimine change (example:from vegging to flowering) give a BIG flush. this allows you to start fresh and clean. This also eliminates any the worry of wondering if your overfeeding them any certain nutrient. And you will notice your chances of a lock out are minimal.

HOGDADDY: There not much I can say but..GREAT GROW and great work keeping everything nice and organized. Love the mother box.May have to steal that sliding door from you..LOL..And +rep for flushing inbetween. Thats my rule of thumb right there...
In between each nute change out and regimine change (example:from vegging to flowering) give a BIG flush. this allows you to start fresh and clean. This also eliminates any the worry of wondering if your overfeeding them any certain nutrient. And you will notice your chances of a lock out are minimal.

thx Butcher for checkin it out. this was the first time i've ever flushed like this (the right way?), and it was very time consuming. but i'm tryin to learn how to do things right for a change. i will have to check with legal about the rights to the sliding door...lol :ganjamon:

Got a few plants that some of the top leaves did not form all the way. almost looks like something nibblled on the end of the leave but there are no pests in there. can anybody comment on the pics? thnx much...:smokin:

S6300422s.jpg

S6300423s.jpg

Hogdady, I've been silently reading your Journal on the regular. If you don't see me posting, it's because I love what I'm seeing. It also usually means that the grower is doing better than I could and I can't really offer anything but high praises;)

I think your flush looks like it was labor intensive, yet done properly. I like the use of the screens over the buckets. Sometimes folks with smaller grows can just use their bathtub, but I don't think you had that luxury with your size and numbers...

Keep up the good growing.:goodjob:

thx for all the kind words...would this be the same way to flush before harvest? i noticed some folks talking about flushing 3-5 times before harvest. i wonder if they are talking about just runnin their flush agent till it flows from the bottom then repeating again once dry? i cant imagine doin that 3-5 times before harvest. anyway thx for responding. take care.

Hogdady, I've been silently reading your Journal on the regular. If you don't see me posting, it's because I love what I'm seeing. It also usually means that the grower is doing better than I could and I can't really offer anything but high praises;)

I think your flush looks like it was labor intensive, yet done properly. I like the use of the screens over the buckets. Sometimes folks with smaller grows can just use their bathtub, but I don't think you had that luxury with your size and numbers...

Keep up the good growing.:goodjob:

I'm with Andy. Guys I flush plants over a toilet! :popcorn: :peace:

thx for all the kind words...would this be the same way to flush before harvest? i noticed some folks talking about flushing 3-5 times before harvest. i wonder if they are talking about just runnin their flush agent till it flows from the bottom then repeating again once dry? i cant imagine doin that 3-5 times before harvest. anyway thx for responding. take care.

Brother just feed your plants pH'ed water for the last two weeks, that should be enough for you to get all unwanted nutrients out by the time you harvest.

You can also use molasses during this period, so your plants are not completely starved and for a sweeter taste.

Back
Top Bottom