My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium - Advice Welcome

Re: My First Indoor Grow 2400w HPS Soil Medium- Advice sought

I can only hope bro, I've got to do a little work down below tonight and make some crucial decisions on what i should strip out, maybe tie a few for shape then jigsaw them back under the lights.

Do you think this is Hermie ? :cough:
Clipboard01ss.jpg

i still laugh at farts too :)

Ahhhh snap!! Doooood... That's hella sweet! +reps!

far bro! those day 29 pics are looking MASSIVE.. :goodjob: looking well set and FAT! :cheesygrinsmiley:

sorry about the late reply bro, in the past i just do what you said- put the guts and shells in a 200litre(or what have you) drum and let sit in water for a year or 2! and you know it bro, it stinks like a MOFO! good idea on having it down back ;D or you could turn it into a rich compost or do as one of my mates does and just dig it into a part of the garden a coupla-few months before using it. ive always thought about the idea of making a kina-based plant nutrient- i think it would GO OFF, so jammed packed with trace elements and all the minerals and you know how that shit kicks the gurls in the arse and gets them moving :cheesygrinsmiley:

and regarding the molasses question bro, that sounds about right.. i used to use a good size tablespoon to every 3.5-4 litres so a teaspoon to every litre wont be far off at all.. i used to water it in with every water about halfway through flower and on till the end of harvest(final 4-6 weeks).. i would feed every 6-7 days or so but water my molasses in every watering. it feeds the beneficial micro-organisms that break down and release the nutrients in the soils for the final push upto harvest BUT you CAN over do it too. it CAN have an adverse reaction to it and feed destructive moulds and mildews in the soil too.. (and black mould in hydro units also) which is where i suppose good ventilation and air-flow is more vital than normal..

all the best bro! and those later flowering plants are looking absolutely drool worthy!! excellent work so far man and reps 100% :goodjob:

and Hiker!
i loved that analogy of the water bucket and the capacitor! im def one to use analogies often esp in learning, helped me understand the concept alot more than i did, thanking you :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

Algds bro just been to yours and you definitely have your hands full, The smelly drum out the back forever's not really rock'n my boat lol but preparing some soil sounds perfect, ill put the fish waste thru the ol meat grinder. Im told the seaweed that washes up around here sometimes, makes an especially good fert, iv'e seen people come and a take up to trailor loads off the beach so ill grind some of that in too and smashed up kina shells:eyebrowsmile: they do have a really good reputation from oldie gardeners so they have to be good. From what ive read and seen plants really flourish with fish based ferts. Ill molasses every watering maybe a smaller dose for the smaller plants i do like the thought of the fungi,bugs and plants all getting along. I watched an organic soil video presentation and it all seemed so "right" the whole system of roots/soil/fungi etc working and trading together.

Cheers for the info and kind words bro.

Where's an update Dash!? I'm too curious, how are those lovely ladies?!:reading420magazine:

Where's an update Dash!? I'm too curious, how are those lovely ladies?!:reading420magazine:

:slide:Dont have to ask me twice buddy.

Cream Caramel Day 37 12/12 Flash Photo.
DSCN14163.jpg

First plant is close so not as big as it looks
DSCN14184.jpg

Girls are going a bit wild. Plenty of bud sites getting good light tho.
DSCN14095.jpg

I have left all the leaf below just pinched out buds, Im pretty hard on the shade leaves around the tops so i left all bottom lleaves on guessing they could process the speckled light below.

Yeah its crowded like my canopy there - But I have faith in the old 600watter:)
Ive noticed you havent trimmed much foliage from them, do you intend on maybe light trimming and such over the flower period, or you going to let them be?
See Im trying to ensure good lighting most of the way down each branch and covering as many flowers as I can, I move my light left to right over the day and also riase and lower it in places where its a little uneven canopy wise.. So I hope that my girl, and yours will bulk up nicely - My Lucy is getting alot of trichs and gaining size. Its an unknown bagseed so dont know what its capable of, finger crossed I guess..
Take it easy and will chat soon, great job matey. Smokem...

hey Smokemupm8, They've actually had a couple of little clearing outs downstairs and will do a final bud strip around day 20-24 definitely overcrowded thinking of harvesting one of my big plants to make room to spread them out a bit.. There is a canopy below the mains that im trying to encourage just by re arranging them under the lights every few days. Learned alot already for what i'll do differently next time so just continuing along that path but hoping these one turns out ok with not to much pop corn.

You are basically having to do the same as me.. I have my larger main branches or cola's - and then 1- 1.5ft below them are the top canopy of buds.. This is what im doing now trying to arrange them into position so the ones with the most flowers get preference.
I have moved a fair few but there s still some that are in the middle I cant really trim, I could but theyve grown becos of the breakage in her main stem during Veg. She has pushed out alot of smaller shoots while re-attaching and growing properly again and these pushed into each other, so Ive had to let them go to some extent and once theyve gained some size Ill be able to tell better which will be worth while. I really dont want to strip too much out from now as she s into flower and I dont need her stunted, hermied or such, So since ive taken some smaller branches out before I think Ill let her finish up herself with maybe some adjustments of said top canopy of branches.
If you can be stuffed have a look at my first journal and see how I set my girl out - I know its only 1 plant but yeah, you can see how i tethered her and how she responded - I left more leaves on her top 2/3rds than with my last 2 and she grew the biggest, one of the plants was the same strain too.. I use the same technique to achieve as many main branches from a plant as possible, on each of these if the plants given a little more time during Veg, you could end up with sum majik lookin 2ft cola's as my Cindy gave me:)
2012-10-22_19_27_19.jpg
2012-10-31_18_08_32.jpg
2012-10-31_18_22_08.jpg
2012-10-31_17_49_24.jpg

Cheers mate, Hope your girls grow bigger buds than these!! All is looking good to me so I cant wait to see some matured bud pics;) Take care, Smokem...:goodjob:

Wow dash... I feel like such an under-achiever! Lol. Those things are awesome man, great grow, +REPS!!!

if the plants given a little more time during Veg, you could end up with sum majik lookin 2ft cola's as my Cindy gave me:)

Cheers mate, Hope your girls grow bigger buds than these!! All is looking good to me so I cant wait to see some matured bud pics;) Take care, Smokem...:goodjob:[/QUOTE]

Thats some serious bud mate, well done. That strain has a massive rep outdoor as well. Dont think im gonna get those sort of results with mine tho lol only 2 week veg and not going to let them go full term they have to be out on day 42 don't think they have that much more in them anyway.

Wow dash... I feel like such an under-achiever! Lol. Those things are awesome man, great grow, +REPS!!!

Whatever bro i seen your grow :yummy: lol thanks for reps buddy

Hey dasher! Just discovered your journal and love what im seeing! Subscribed and +rep:goodjob:

Also a little nug shot to add with the other big bud shots:cheesygrinsmiley:

IMAG07492.jpg

That's just f***ing ridiculous!! Woah!!!

I'm right behind you dash!!

Back
Top Bottom