My First Indoor! Need Help With Water

johnlx

Hi y’all! This is my first indoor grow my first outdoor died because I planted in February 😂 (it was a dummy plant tho)Im growing Super Lemon Haze Fem Auto with Mars Hydro 600 setup. 2x2 tent
-The plant is now on day 14 after sprouting and I think it’s looking pretty healthy despite the first leaves suffering from trauma because I planted directly in all mix and that’s too hot of a soil but I see the plant growing and It got through it just fine. I have light mix for the next grow.
-Today I lowered the light distance a bit going on week 3 it’s about 50 cm high and the umol is about 400 on the canopy so ideal for veg.
For the first week only light sprays of water but on the second week I gave it half a liter a day and I don’t think it looks thirsty at all as you see in the pics, today I saw someone giving their plant also on a 5 gal container about 3 liters of water and I couldn’t believe my eyes that plant was drowning in water nothing compared to mine Jesus so I was afraid I was underwatering and today I gave it half a liter plus half a liter a hour later and I lowered the light today to as I said so a bit more water couldn’t hurt.
-So, now the deal is: do I keep giving it a liter divided by 2 times a day or is that way too little? The under soil on the outer edges is dry After watering but the inner soil around the center seems nice and moist. Any tricks? I’m learning a lot and this plant is doing really good I don’t wanna mess it up but after someone said 3 liters was needed and I been giving half a liter and the plant is doing just fine doing a liter just sounded like the right move.
I’m sorry for bothering y’all I just find this forum really friendly and helpful 🤍🙏🥲😅
Also because the soil is hot I didn’t give any feeding should I do it now or wait until it’s 3 weeks old?

9D7633C1-8B9B-4C6A-8B2F-B2C6AE964A83.jpeg

5F1A5745-B22C-478E-978D-2F39E6D8E711.jpeg

B6E136E7-13B6-4C2B-908A-52B23598193A.jpeg

1F658097-A159-45B4-9BD9-CB2EE181A32A.jpeg

2C93B1BF-F61B-46FA-B209-666E18EE1EED.jpeg

Hi y’all! This is my first indoor grow my first outdoor died because I planted in February 😂 (it was a dummy plant tho)Im growing Super Lemon Haze Fem Auto with Mars Hydro 600 setup. 2x2 tent
-The plant is now on day 14 after sprouting and I think it’s looking pretty healthy despite the first leaves suffering from trauma because I planted directly in all mix and that’s too hot of a soil but I see the plant growing and It got through it just fine. I have light mix for the next grow.
-Today I lowered the light distance a bit going on week 3 it’s about 50 cm high and the umol is about 400 on the canopy so ideal for veg.
For the first week only light sprays of water but on the second week I gave it half a liter a day and I don’t think it looks thirsty at all as you see in the pics, today I saw someone giving their plant also on a 5 gal container about 3 liters of water and I couldn’t believe my eyes that plant was drowning in water nothing compared to mine Jesus so I was afraid I was underwatering and today I gave it half a liter plus half a liter a hour later and I lowered the light today to as I said so a bit more water couldn’t hurt.
-So, now the deal is: do I keep giving it a liter divided by 2 times a day or is that way too little? The under soil on the outer edges is dry After watering but the inner soil around the center seems nice and moist. Any tricks? I’m learning a lot and this plant is doing really good I don’t wanna mess it up but after someone said 3 liters was needed and I been giving half a liter and the plant is doing just fine doing a liter just sounded like the right move.
I’m sorry for bothering y’all I just find this forum really friendly and helpful 🤍🙏🥲😅
Also because the soil is hot I didn’t give any feeding should I do it now or wait until it’s 3 weeks old?

9D7633C1-8B9B-4C6A-8B2F-B2C6AE964A83.jpeg

5F1A5745-B22C-478E-978D-2F39E6D8E711.jpeg

B6E136E7-13B6-4C2B-908A-52B23598193A.jpeg

1F658097-A159-45B4-9BD9-CB2EE181A32A.jpeg

2C93B1BF-F61B-46FA-B209-666E18EE1EED.jpeg
You don’t need any nutrients yet, it will be quite a while before she can use up all of them in a 5gl. As far as watering you really should read @Emilya Green’s post on how to water a potted plant. Don’t water again until it’s bone dry and maybe either weigh with a bathroom scale or fill an identical container with soil and feel the difference. CL🍀

My first plant that I planted outdoor in February with terrible soil and overwatering was like this in her second week rip to her vs this indoor one is doing so much better at the second week I’m learning with mistakes 😅👍

5A19BEA2-9892-4DE3-BF04-BDECDED1A6C7.png

A3F6F1AF-FDA5-470E-9B3E-0EE113096524.jpeg

You don’t need any nutrients yet, it will be quite a while before she can use up all of them in a 5gl. As far as watering you really should read @Emilya Green’s post on how to water a potted plant. Don’t water again until it’s bone dry and maybe either weigh with a bathroom scale or fill an identical container with soil and feel the difference. CL🍀
Ok imma read it! I think half to one liter is fine she’s doing fine not showing signs of being thirsty I think better underwater a little that tsunami it out of its existence 😅

just read on the inside, then watering the out corners giving it a break between that was so freaking useful because my outsides are drier than the insides

just read on the inside, then watering the out corners giving it a break between that was so freaking useful because my outsides are drier than the insides
Watering the outside gets the roots to chase the water, which increases the rootball. Big roots = big buds. CL🍀

thanks for that info i had no clue! Im aiming for 80/100 grams this is 100w so around 0.8/1 g/w they claim it can give 1.8w but lets see thanks a lot for helping me out you are always present in the threads ;p
I make my rounds and if I can return what was given to me so freely I will. The best thing I ever did was find this site. So many amazing members here have helped me with my growing and now I’m trying to pass it on. CL🍀

Three weeks and one day! Doing good I think I’ll only need nutes by the end of veg 🍀 not growing too tall just yet I need a bit more height to train it to the side I’ve put the light slightly further to see if it stretches a bit

1CB0F7A2-1E43-4871-B01F-052E342B4A2F.jpeg

Three weeks and one day! Doing good I think I’ll only need nutes by the end of veg 🍀 not growing too tall just yet I need a bit more height to train it to the side I’ve put the light slightly further to see if it stretches a bit

1CB0F7A2-1E43-4871-B01F-052E342B4A2F.jpeg
You need to do a picture so we can see how tall it is and what’s going on down there but she is looking 👀 sweet. Keep doing what you’re doing. CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:

You need to do a picture so we can see how tall it is and what’s going on down there but she is looking 👀 sweet. Keep doing what you’re doing. CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:
5C30C4E6-CF33-4FBB-A214-2BB70DF90611.jpeg

Underneath is getting so packed it’s hard to do a picture height is fine for 3rd week, if you check the photo I took yesterday the leaves were not touching the net and today they are so I think I did good in adjusting the slight slightly further tell me what u think should I train it to the side or just do the scrog? Tent is not very tall is those smaller 2x2

6416D787-0761-403D-B3C0-EB0A5CD1AB57.jpeg

C057EE0F-8287-4190-83B4-B05D24B91900.jpeg

C01C564F-97C6-4687-A0F2-BB4A4CB2AD68.jpeg

CBC77CF9-5AAB-44A3-B48A-D2D49B3B3C6B.jpeg

FCEAAEEB-089C-4C00-BB64-57684471E2FE.jpeg

5C30C4E6-CF33-4FBB-A214-2BB70DF90611.jpeg

Underneath is getting so packed it’s hard to do a picture height is fine for 3rd week, if you check the photo I took yesterday the leaves were not touching the net and today they are so I think I did good in adjusting the slight slightly further tell me what u think should I train it to the side or just do the scrog? Tent is not very tall is those smaller 2x2

6416D787-0761-403D-B3C0-EB0A5CD1AB57.jpeg

C057EE0F-8287-4190-83B4-B05D24B91900.jpeg

C01C564F-97C6-4687-A0F2-BB4A4CB2AD68.jpeg

CBC77CF9-5AAB-44A3-B48A-D2D49B3B3C6B.jpeg

FCEAAEEB-089C-4C00-BB64-57684471E2FE.jpeg
Looks good and you’re doing a great job 👏. I recommend that you read @Azimuth’s post on quadlining and see what you think 🤔. CL🍀

just checked it out but im scared because its an auto and his plant looked like it was younger and smaller, im afraid im too far into veg to do it, maybe i will get rid of the bottom first true leaves and just find a way to train it, but i def want to try this in a few weeks when i have my regular photo period down in the soil!

just checked it out but im scared because its an auto and his plant looked like it was younger and smaller, im afraid im too far into veg to do it, maybe i will get rid of the bottom first true leaves and just find a way to train it, but i def want to try this in a few weeks when i have my regular photo period down in the soil!
I apologize I didn’t realize that it was an auto and although some people do training on them I wouldn’t. Maybe @LKABudMan can guide you seeing that he grows some amazing Auto’s. CL🍀

I apologize I didn’t realize that it was an auto and although some people do training on them I wouldn’t. Maybe @LKABudMan can guide you seeing that he grows some amazing Auto’s. CL🍀
Too late :p I cut the bottom two first true leaves and tied it to the side a bit it was now or never it was getting late, but not doing anything else on her tho not even pruning I don’t think I stressed her a lot we will see probably will be fine this is a very resilient strain from what I’m seeing for curiosity is Super Lemon Haze auto
5E23A29C-19A3-4A0A-B33D-E1E1E67DF3AF.jpeg

So i didn’t do his method but did just a little bit of training because it’s an auto I don’t wanna top some people do it but I won’t for now I just cut first true leaves because the plant doesn’t need to focus on that and I think I managed to tilt her enough to grow a bit more sideways now

Back
Top Bottom