Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?unknown
How Many Plants?9
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?Germ
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?-
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?-
Indoor or Outdoor?Indoor
Soil or Hydro?Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix?Organic Potting Soil
If Soil... What Size Pot?3 gal?(black pot that came from a tomato plant)
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?1X250w red infrared,36" Florecent 120w aquarium reflector light,1 CFL
Is it Air Cooled? Small deskfan circulating air in the closet
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?70-80 degrees
RH of Room/Cabinet?unknown
PH of Medium or Reservoir?unknown
Any Pests?No
How Often are you Watering?Haven't watered yet soil is still moist
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?none yet but I did buy get started root stimulator and plant starter formula is 4-10-3 for veggie stage.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 3x3 area in back of closet.

Notes: I have another 250w reflector bulb (non red)coming for when I am fully in veggie stage that will replace my current CF bulb I am using. No pH tester available to me and I am getting a thermometer soon to steady out temps more. Humidity is about 40%. In a hurry atm but that covers the just of everything here are the pics:

REDSETUP.jpg

SETUP110.jpg

This without the florecent bulb to get a better look:
SETUP27.jpg

1STSEEDGOOD.jpg

1ST_POT.jpg

Will check back later i need to get out and harvest some veggies in the garden outside before it rains! Please comment,tips, etc it's much appreciated!

Nice work keep it going strong!

BTW
You'll want to get them in cups that are pretty much filled to the top, they're roots are going to run out of room real quick! Please transplant them ASAP!

Thanks for the tips I will have a weekly report post soon and there after every week. The only change so far is my one sprout has grown her second set of 2 leaves besides the ones that come out of the seed when it sprouts. Have a sun cycle going now light at night then sunlight through the day on my window sills through out the house since the sun moves to the otherside of the house through out the day.

EDIT: You said to get them in cups almost full and to do it asap should i wait until my seeds sprout to transplant them or do it now. I recently took some suran wrap and covered the top to give it like a greenhouse in the black pot.

A bit of an emergency came up just 30 mins ago. I was installing my 250 watt bulb and I really had to go pee so i installed the light and set it back down like i had the cfl with it only 4" away from the plant. Well i came back from my piss to find my plant withered not burned just withered and the plastic cup starting to melt. I immediatly moved the light up high away(a couple of feet away) above the plant. My question is should i just not apply heat only florecent light until morning when i can get it in the sun? This is my only plant atm and my other ones have not shown any sign of germinating. Please help!!! thanks for the help again!

well after a night under the flo lights and now under the sun for a couple hours there is still no turn around for the seedling that danced with a 250w bulb. I have supported it with a toothpick and put a twist tie loosly around to get it to stand somewhat I hope this isn't the end...I am also coming to realize that i soaked my seeds a little long in water before planting I pulled 2 out of the black pot last night that were just rotten.

You are gonna want to separate all the seedlings that come up in that one pot. 1 plant per pot. They will compete for rootspace and take away from the health of the plants. I would suggest that you use the paper towel method the next time to germinate. It's important to keep an eye on them when they are at the seed stage. In the right conditions they can crack and start a tap root in 24hrs.

Exactly what MsFox said.
I germinate using papertowel in a plastic bag, then i put in darkness on a heatpad made for seeds (bought @ grow shop, walmart has the same thing cheaper too). right conditions can sprout within 24hrs, keep checking on them, every 12-24 hrs refresh the oxigen in the bag. once sprouted, place carefully in planter. I use plastic cups until nice root forms then transfer to larger pot (7gal).

Your light distance will vary on your heat output, as well as lumans generated. CFL's are great for vegging, i've got 2 300w cfl's in my veg tent.

alright my fellow smokers sorry for not posting been really busy lately i guess it was a good thing that the start was very slow been alot going on. First i would like to say that the plant i did have didn't make it. I kinda put this on hold for a couple weeks and now have the time to start and stay with it. With the advice in the latest post i was able to germ three very fine ladies in about 24 hours time. I have them planted in there own pots and are sitting nice and warm under my lamps. Here is a little more info that i have gathered before posting tonight. Each of the 250w lights that I have right now give off 2200 lumens. I also found out that the Fluro I have is a reptilight 24"(36" was the measument of the fixture.) I have not been able to find exact lumen rating for the bulb itself but I asking if anyone does know to please let me know. As you can see I am on a lumen journey wanting to know exactly what i have and what i should have to grow. With three plants i know that i am falling behind on my lumens. I have recently found someone who does electric wiring and such so I am thinking of investing in some HPS security lights and have them wired to an extension cord so that i will be able to plug them into a outlet. I believe what i have at this time will suffice for now but as always comments and suggestions are welcome. Special thanks to Ms.Fox & Fattis-Rattis for the great tips I hope you stick around through this grow.

Good news I just won an online auction that is near by (30 minute drive) for an H.I.D Ballast! Going to pick it up tomorrow what i found on google I am guessing I could run either MH bulbs or HPS in them. Hope to get someone to chime in and help me out with making sure i get it right so i can set this up will help with my current grow.

Make sure you know what type of ballist supports which bulb.
Some are ONLY for MH, or ONLY HPS. However, some ballists do have an "either-or" switch on them. I have one that is like that, atm I run a MH bulb in it, and saving the money for a HPS. MH is better for veg, as HPS is better for bloom. for the record, I use CFL's for my veg, and MH for bloom, until my finances is under control.

My goal is to have MH in my veg with 400w, and then upgrade my bloom room with one 1000w MH & one 1000w HPS, but i'm a looooooooong way off from that happening, lol.

Yeah I am going to get the balast today I was trying to find out before i pick it up so i could go get the bulb but didn't have any luck with a response in the Cabinet, Closet, & Grow Room Setup thread. It wasn't the best picture and i couldn't get the model number because the picture was too far away. Best to just be patient then find out once i get it. I can't believe i speant only $5 on gonna save me alot in the long run. As for pictures it's been a while and as I said I put this on hold here is were I am now:

Martha
DSC017352.jpg

Martha top
DSC017321.jpg

Jessi
DSC017312.jpg

Jessi Top
DSC01733.jpg

Mandy (She is my CFL Girl for now and my favorite)
DSC01736.jpg

Mandy Top
DSC017322.jpg

Think I am going to start with a 1/4 mixture of root stimulator for a couple on/off weeks. The pots are 3 gal that they are in now. Temp is staying between 85 during the day and 80 at night. More to come of my room once i install my HID ballast!:slide:

Today I picked up some plant food as all i had so far was some root stim that i was going to begin trying but i have a couple questions.

DSC017371.jpg

When i water my plants I water until i see it dribble out the bottom. Now I don't know if i missed this some were probally a silly greenhorn queston but do you water the same when your feeding? Also the directions on what i got today says 7 drops(1/8tsp) per quart of water every time I water. I thought you were supposed to wait once feeding for a while so that you don't burn your plants up. I am going to Ace hardware tomorrow seems the closest place that i have found so far that actually has a selectable selection for my growing needs(Including pH testers)Home Depot didn't have much I was dissapointed no pH testers! What I have now should hopefully get me through to flowering. Anyone had luck with the Schultz Brand of products i am looking at using Schultz Bloom Plus Plant Food for when I start flowering. More to come soon:Rasta:

welcome to 420's and good luck! listen your little babys are starting to strech so what you will want to do to stop them from streching is getting the light closer, with cfl's you can get the light close as 4 inch, make sure you have a fan on the plants so there steams will get stronger, dont start fertalize untill you passed at list 3 weeks or you will most probbly will damage your plants, do you use any PH tester btw ?

Thanks for the reply WeedRyder! I am going to look at pH testers today i really don't want to start feeding them until i have one because too much can grow wrong without one. After reading a bunch of grow journals I have come to this conclusion. I am using CFL's during the day and the one CFL and a heat lamp at night because the nights here are getting cold and dipping into the 50's at night and it's making my room go below 70 degrees with just cfl's( I only have 2 relector ballasts atm). I do have a little fan in there to circulate the air they are dancing just a little bit with it on them they seem to like it so far. My HPS lamp is coming along should be finished soon. I am on somewhat of a budget so far on this grow i have speant a total of $28.40 and all i really still need is a pH tester,Bulb for my HID ballast some Schultz Bloom for when i flowerand maybe a couple more fixtures so I can add more cfl's. Not bad at all!:popcorn:

very good man, try to keep the ph betwin 5.5 to 6.5 much luck to you ! :)

when growing in soil you want to keep your ph between 6.2 to 6.8 anything below or above this, will cause lockout of some nutrients

Ok another update the HID lamp ballast that i got was for 480v so that is out of the question for me to use. The street light however is very much useful:idea: I have taken a an old floor lamp with a base that is approx 4ft tall and a piece of piping for the lamp it'self. The vertical part of the lamp actually comes apart in two sections. In the lamp it'self at the end there is a hole and a plate that holds it onto the pole. I have put this peice of piping in there tightened it down. Now the pole that i put on the lamp i drilled a hole in and place the floor lamp pole into it and welded it on. it's a bit top heavy so I am either going to counter balance it with weight on the other end or fill the base with sand to help stabilize. I will take pictures later and post them for you all to see my creativeness. The girls are doing good they are all on there second set of spike leaves now. I went ahead and gave them a 1/4 strength of some root stim yesterday. I got a humidifier running now and my temps are a steady 78-82 degrees. I ordered a Milwaukee pH600 pH meter Tester last night should be here by weeks end. I will post pictures later today.:nomo: On a side note I have been obstaining from smoking for the last couple days and am going to continue this for about 2 weeks to give my body a chance to flush itself out and to give me a little extra money for my little project I got going on here. It's all about sacrifice:grinjoint:

Hey wuts up just had to drop a line and say looking good

Here we go! It's amazing how much these ladies have grown since my last post! I have put my street light on hold because I came across a offer i couldn't refuse. i was hesitant because it's a mercury bulb but for $3 I can't complain. It is a 175w Mecury Vapor bulb:
DSC01766.JPG

Grow room setup:
DSC01770.JPG

Closeups:
Mandy
DSC01767.JPG

Jessi
DSC01769.JPG

Martha
DSC01768.JPG

My pH tester i ordered came in DOA so i am waiting to get another one in the mean time I have been using the free pH tester strips that you can get in a brochure for water softeners they have at my local home improvement store. The pH is sitting pretty at 6.5 right now next watering I am going to start feeding the shultz plant food i posted about previously that will be in about 2 days. I am still obstaining myself from smoking to hopefully reap the benefits at the end of this grow. I am also still using my cfls to try and get light all around the plants to keep them happy. Comments/questons welcome! I will keep updating as they keep growing stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom