My Indoor Grow

Hey man, I haven't been around much lately, been busy.
Just popped in for a sec, shit's lookin' pretty good!!

Hey man, I haven't been around much lately, been busy.
Just popped in for a sec, shit's lookin' pretty good!!

Good to still see you around!

Here is a little update not much but want to make sure no one thinks i have forgot about posting in my journal.

Mandy
Mandy1.JPG

Jessi
Jessi1.JPG

Martha
Martha1.JPG

I went camping over the holiday camping and didn't have a timer so i left just the 2 cfl bulbs on them the weekend. I got back and they were dry when i got back. Jessi showed a little yellowing at the tip of a fan leaf but i believe that was caused by error on my part of pouring root stimulator instead of the plant food. I caught myself half way through watering and I still applied the food on top of the root stim and showed just a tiny bit of burn. My ph is still steady at 6.5. My room stays at around 85-90 degree's while lights on, the soil I noticed goes a little drier quicker with that mercury vapor bulb. in there I plan to soon have it suspended above my plants as they are growing like crazy. The lower branches are even showing leafs at the main stalk i will see about getting a couple pictures a little later tonight before i shut the lights off.:thanks: for all who are watching my grow as always comments suggestions are always welcome.

K-Frat, hey bud, looking good so far. We use CFL's for our vegging as well. You can pick up the reflectors at Walmart for dirt cheap. They have a 15' cord and work quite well. Check the Kelvin range of your bulbs as well. 6500K are the blue spectrum, great for vegging, and 2700K are the red spectrum, and work well for flowering. One of my biggest mistakes in the beginning was over watering. Once you transplant to the larger pots, you won't need to water the whole pot, just the immediate vicinity around the plant. I judge by the leaf size, draw an imaginary circle around the leaves, and water that area within. Alot depends upon your soil also, some soils hold water longer than others. Just remember that the roots need to breathe, so try not to over water bud. As WeedRyder pointed out, hold off on any fertilizers for 3 weeks, everything the young plants need is already within the soil. Walmart also has an 8" fan that you can mount on the wall or ceiling for ~$10.00 or less, that works very well. It has 3 speed settings. Keep up the great work bud. I have learned much from my time here so far, these folks really know their stuff and are a great source of knowledge. I will follow this grow with anticipation.

Debating when I should plant these in the bigger pots. They are in 3 gal pots right now I want to make sure there comfortable growing. I have 5 gal pots to put them in but I think one is already male (Jessi) Also I highly doubt i will end up with all three being females with bag seed. The undergrowth is really taking off as i mentioned earlier in a post here are some pics. They are just over 3 weeks old now.
DSC017873.JPG

DSC017882.JPG

DSC01790.JPG

K-Frat, Plants are looking healthy bro. If you choose to transfer, how are your pots setup? I have had really good luck with placing 1-1/2" of washed peagravel down first with a layer of landscape cloth over that to keep the soil and gravel seperate and to prevnt the soil from washing out. It also promotes good drainage. Also, I believe Weedy is correct, the Mercury vapor lamps are the wrong spectrum. They will work, don't get me wrong, just not the optimum spectral wavelength that you are looking for.

i'd switch to 5 gallon pots.To make sure ypu dont get root bound, i'm in th eprocess of doing this myself. And Weedy is rite.Toss the vapor bulb. Doing this will push you to get what you want. I would just post up the streat light u mentioned. Watch your ladies dance after that. is it H.P.S? and how many watts?

Thanks for the replies it takes a 100watt HPS Bulb priced around $18.00-$20.00. I just got word from a friend he has a ton of 5 gal buckets going to get some from him for the ladies. I know the spectrum isn't right with the mercury vapor I am only using this until I can get a light bulb most likely would have been when i goto flower them. It's costly and i'm paying for it 5.00/per day was at $2.69/day. The 2 CFL's I am using are 23w 120v 60hz 0.380A equal to incadesent 100w Bulb. They are 2700k. I am looking at buying some dual flood light ballasts I can wire a plug to and run a couple more sets with the 100 HPS bulb. Hopefully i will see a drop in my bill again. All my other bulbs in the house are either florecent lights or the above mentioned CFL's.

I actually am not using anything in the bottom of my buckets but I will keep this in mind for the future. I am working with what i got only $3 for the MV light not bad to get started except my eletric bill but there is always that sacrifice in there somewere!

cfls shouldnt even show a change in your bill. shit in my house with 6 people living here (i know wayyyy to many) and we have 3 a/c units, basically mines the only one use. bc of the plants. but mine runs all day, normally off at night, except if its warm. and i used a 250w MH and our bill was only up $50 from when it was only 3 people and no MH

Thanks for all the replies! My plants are now starting to show sex! I know one for sure is female by showing hairs but the other i am unsure of here is a pic granted it's not the best pic I cannot get my camera to focus that close to be able to get a good shot here is what i got though

DSC01877.JPG

If you would draw your attention to the top there are what looks like pods forming at the steam under the leaves. Here is a couple more that you can hopefully make them out better:
DSC01892.JPG

DSC01894.JPG

Fearing the worse just noticed after uploading the first one someone commented looks male :confused:. Since this is my first grow i am unsure and need a second opinion. For those of you following this is martha. Mandy is the one showing hairs and Jessi isn't showing yet. Looks like I might have to change the name to marty if this is a male. I have no use for it if it is male what should i do with it?:thanks:

yeah man, thats a male for sure. As soon as you don't see the hairs, you know its a boy. There are clearly balls on that plant, so I would axe it now.

Thank you both for the quick replies. This is just bagseed nothing special i do know that it's sativa but from there even I am unsure. I am going to pull him right now hopefully jessi will show soon enough just hoping i don't end up with only 1 female although 1 is better than none :-D

1 can produce many a many clones.best of luck.I'm posted up

This is true! At least I don't have to go back to germing seeds just yet lol. I am now 3 1/2 weeks into veg stage and should be able to tell here with in another week or so if Jessi is male or female hopefully! I will keep you guys posted and my fingers crossed!

Quick update! Jessi is confirmed female so out of three i got 2 females! They were both planted at the same time but jessi is alot more bushier than Mandy. Mandy is about 3ft tall now and jessi is about 2 ft with all kinds of under growth. I believe i might have 2 different strains here but i cannot be sure as it's just bag seed. Because jessi has more undergrowth and now that i know she is a she I am going to use her as my "mother" for cloning. I will get some more pictures up when i get a chance. I will update when i can opening day is Thursday and i will be spending a lot of my time in the woods looking for that monster buck for the almost the remainder of the year.

Back
Top Bottom