My outdoor setup

jeffreyjjc

420 Member
Hey all, just a couple of photos of my grow area for this season, it'll have full sun most of the season, The grey pipe on the ugly fence is for the irrigation system I'm doing some homework on. I'm also going to grow 5 tomato plants on the back of the pots. the pots are 15 gallon x 4 and 30 gallon x 2, I have Build-a-soil 3.0 in the pots.
If anyone has suggestions for irrigation systems please let me know

IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7652.jpeg

The grey pipe on the ugly fence is for the irrigation system I'm doing some homework on.
The fence does not look all that bad. Paint it with a decent quality of redwood stain and it will be 'good to go' as the saying is. Those fences are costing a small fortune to replace.

I'm also going to grow 5 tomato plants on the back of the pots.
As in along the fence and not in the pots themselves? And are those tomato plants going to be figured into the watering/irrigation system?

I had figured out a system for a couple of old-timers who had a grow behind their pole barn. A water line had already been run to within 10 feet of the edge of the garden area so that part was already done. Thing is that I cannot remember the name of the style of irrigation set-up or the name of the parts that would have been needed.

I do remember that the price was more than I would have wanted to spend and they felt the same way. End result was that they continued to use a hose to put water around each plant.

Thing is that each each pot will need a different amount based on the amount of soil and the size and health of the plant. But if you want some ideas start with putting a faucet on the end of the plastic pipe by the house to control the water going to a manifold on the other end of the plastic pipe. Then run a separate line to each of the pots. A faucet for each line at the manifold will adjust the water flow. It will take awhile to figure out how to control the water evenly so that one pot does not get too much and the other 5 not enough.

Or re-do the pots so that each is a SIP system. Then use a hose from the end of the plastic pipe and move from pot to pot topping off each SIP reservoir as needed.

Thanks for the reply, the tomato plants are going to be close the the fence in they're own pots.
I really like the SIP system, although for now I'll most likely manually water

I livened up the water supply, it's connected from a spigot about 60' away and has a valve at the end near the garden.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, the tomato plants are going to be close the the fence in they're own pots.
I really like the SIP system, although for now I'll most likely manually water

I livened up the water supply, it's connected from a spigot about 60' away and has a valve at the end near the garden.
Simple and easy that way.

Just me and the way I like but I would put the tomatoes in the ground along the fence. For one thing they can be trained on the fence and kept away from the plants in the cloth pots. Also, being in the ground their soil will not dry out as fast as if they were in pots. This means fewer times that those pots have to be waters so less work since you will just have to worry about the cloth pots for your Cannabis crop.

Hey all, just a couple of photos of my grow area for this season, it'll have full sun most of the season, The grey pipe on the ugly fence is for the irrigation system I'm doing some homework on. I'm also going to grow 5 tomato plants on the back of the pots. the pots are 15 gallon x 4 and 30 gallon x 2, I have Build-a-soil 3.0 in the pots.

IMG_7654.jpeg
IMG_7652.jpeg
Wont it be a problem that anyone can see it?

Wont it be a problem that anyone can see it?

in most legal places no one really cares now. the neighbours will see it if they wanna look, but it won't be visible from the front of the house. most municipality bylaws prohibit it from being seen from the front.

My state is legal and my neighbors know i grow. I hand water in 15gal hard pots i drilled add'l holes in them. I even had a cop drop by one day to look at my burn ring for my excess leaf and branches i burn. He walked to it saw my plants made no comment about them. This fence is at least 15yrs old.

IMG_20230919_081652364_HDR.jpg

My guts are churning right now as I just planted the 6 plants that are now legal in Ohio, but the government is not happy with the vote. I placed them in grow pots next to the deck opposite side of the roadway. They were 20 inches today when planted and stick out more than I hoped. Can not be seen from the front but I am on a corner lot so the side street if you stop and look you can see them, kind of. But I have had beer cans on the table of the deck for years and no one bitched. Let's see how this goes.

I just planted the 6 plants that are now legal in Ohio, but the government is not happy with the vote.
You might be misinterpreting what the governor has been saying lately and what he wants done. Looking at several news articles from March he wants the legislature to get their act together and pass legislation that makes it easy for adults to be able to find and buy recreational products. He is trying to avoid an increase in the black market sales.

If I have it right it is a case of where adult recreational possession and use is legal but there is no way for adults to buy this recreational legal weed in Ohio unless they have a medical permit and go to a medical dispensary. He wants that fixed before even more adults start going to underground dealers or drive to adult legal states, buy there, and then drive home.

Back
Top Bottom