My stems are skinny and the leaves are yellowing - Help!

bigrig

want to post a pic but too scared to. i can describe problem. its in veg stage outdoot here in central valley in cali where temps get 100+. its about 5ft. its looks like xmas tree shape. the stems are so skinny. its supported by a bamboo stick i tied to. if i take the bamboo stick off im afraid a breeze will snap it. lmso. im a novice cannibus grower but have basic knowledge in farming vegetables and plants for decades. i went in the mindset of a farmer. big mistake. i dont yield buds as much as i should. every year i yield about 1-2 lbs on 5-10 plants. i wanna yield more with less plant beside using a 400 gal. how do i get more bang for the buck?

Re: my stems are skinny and the leafs are yellowing. help!

What sort of soil are you growing in ?

I mean if it is just regular yard or some random field soil it may be of poor quality lacking any real nutrients & stuff perhaps PH may be off a little leading to a poor yield at best.

If so !

You may wish to think about making your own super soil loaded with organic goodness, rock dust & nutrients etc which if well made should support growth in till harvest, but some times an idea to add a liquid feed at some point whilst in flowering tho.

Re: my stems are skinny and the leafs are yellowing. help!

i use happy frog with no additives. this year i decided to grow in a 30 gal pot. this is my 3rd year growing as a hobby. i didnt do research. thanks for advise. im leading towards organic soil to super soil next batch. seems easier and cheaper. it seems like every year i keep making a mistake. is there growing kit complete with seeds and nutrients with a step by step growing instruction?

Did you start them indoors, or have they been outside the entire time? Are they in shade?
Some strains (Sativas) grow tall and lanky by nature.
Topping and making sure they get a breeze, if possible, helps build thicker stems. Also make sure they have the 'K' and Ca they need.

Happy frog ah, well it doe's have some nutrients which will last a few or so weeks but more less be depleted by the time flowering happens.

You would need liquid nutrients to support growth in flowering tho if you wish to continue with happy frog out doors for a better yield.

Perhaps research sub cool super soil that will give you idea of making your own but may be costly when compared to a brand name bag of compost/soil plus basic list of nutrients in the long run.

Always best to do some research tho !

Back
Top Bottom