Need help diagnosing my first grow's first problem please!

Kink

Hey guys!

So a few days ago I noticed slight burn on the tips of 2 leaves of my 16 day old bagseed seedling that I originally attributed to the crappy miracle gro it's sitting in (Just bought some FoxFarm Ocean Forest yesterday that I've been itching to transplant them into), now just within hours it's looking like whatever it is, it's starting to spread and kinda fast (the most noticeable damage in the bellow picture wasn't there a few hours prior having just checked on them...).

I'm not sure what it is, seeing as this is my first grow everything is still a learning experience, anyone have any ideas? :\ My other seedlings are holding up fine so far, no burning/discoloration like this at all.

Just fed it straight distilled water after taking this picture in an attempt to hopefully flush whatever it might be + it was ready for a watering.

5155Gi0.jpg

I can't really see it being burn from the CFL either, I have them consistently 1.5-2 inches above the plants, checking on them at least once a day in case they grow too close and adjusting the CFL's distance accordingly.. but I could very well be wrong.

Anyone have any advice on the best course of action for now?

:thanks:

How did this turn out? And did you get them transplanted? You know I don't know Any better than you what the problem could be but I wanted to reply since no one else had:high-five:

Without knowing a lot more, I'd guess it is a PH problem assuming the burnt leaves are not the ones closest to the lights.

How did this turn out? And did you get them transplanted? You know I don't know Any better than you what the problem could be but I wanted to reply since no one else had:high-five:

I'm fairly certain the top circle was burned from the CFL getting too close, second circle being simple nute burn and the last one being nothing major and just worries of a new grower :p.

I flushed that plant the night the above pic was taken and haven't seen any new discoloration since :).

Without knowing a lot more, I'd guess it is a PH problem assuming the burnt leaves are not the ones closest to the lights.

I'm thinking the first circle was CFL burn, but it could very well be PH problems I would like to grab a testing kit ASAP now that I've decided to jump ship and buy a decent grow light setup for myself (400w HPS, MH bulb in the pic) over the 3 low watt, 2700k CFLs the poor things were getting before.

Heat stress possibly?

Thinking the same. Prior to moving them into their new location under the HID, I noticed the foremost top node was growing upwards into the CFL light in a weird vertical fashion; definitely wasn't getting enough light so in turn was growing directly into it before I knew it. In this pic the day of transplant, as you can see the bottom right is the one this thread was created for; notice how its top node is pointing straight up, that resolved itself within a day in their new home :).

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom