Help me diagnose please

Ifbleaf

15663715450072000655544405519436.jpg
15663716165173637457992260097850.jpg
is
The first photo is useless but the 2nd picture you can see the leaf edges are getting a tiny bit of ginger. I'm going with wind burn . It was on a few leafs , but I have the fan on low. Am I right and it's just a little bit of wind burn? They are Barney's farm seeds all about a month old. My temps are not up to level!! I've put a smaller extraction fan in place of the summer one, it's the middle of August and the busiest weekend of the British summer this w end. So daytime temperature barely making 70° f somedays and I'm growing at night. Even with a smaller extraction fan on low. And the 600w light. The fkn heater is still on half of the night as I set the switch to 71°f( about 21°c) . Are plants more susceptible to stuff like wind burn if they're a bit chilled??! I imagine that they're going to be happier with a little bit more heat. 76°f under the hood with the tent running at 69/71°f not hot enough. I'm going to have to be a manual moving the inlet duct in from the window ledge it lives on in front of the window open 5 to 6 inches. I pulled the secondary glazing window down to almost closed last night. But this morning I have realised that the window ledge is the wrong place for the cold. I've been getting pedantic about shit. But it's simple, just bring the inlet duct off the ledge and just leave it below the window on the floor. I'm going to have to be on the ball every day and night with the temperature and the variables. Now I'm appreciative of the temperature sensitive fan speed controllers. Still can't afford one, but can see how it is another one of the bits of essential / luxury kit. I mean I have all the time going. I don't work anymore and hate it . I am down as a carer for my partner. She's had chronic fibromyalgia since 97. So poor me. Yeah basically would a slightly low temperature make the girls more susceptible to showing wind burn or any other similar afflictions because they're a little bit cool???? It's exclusive to the edges,no brown spots or stripes like pH issues. Infact there's very little at all but I guess I am paranoid that my chancing it in my quest to improve my soil mix with bio tea made from worm castings from the wild..

Hey there! Don't think the temperature would be a big issue. The plants can handle 69°. Just how strong of a wind do you have blowing on it?? They definitely like a breeze, but of course not too strong.

The picture is tough to see.. Able to provide a clearer picture of leaf with good light? And possible one of plant? Would be helpful anyways.

Also, people that can help you will want to know:

-How often roughly are you watering?
-PH your water? Sounds like it's not the issue, but still good idea.
-What nutrients and how much??
-Is the plant inside but using sunlight?? Little confused sorry..

Welcome to 420 ifbleaf. as hj says , temps are not the issue at all. wind burn tends to claw leaves downwards. the edges of the leaves yellowing is usually a sign of ph issues or overfeeding. If the tip of the leaf yellows , it is because it is starting to cannabalize it for food ( chlorophyll storage) and cant feed through their roots well enough. Make sure that your Ph when watering is between 5.7-6.2. Ideally ph between these values and fluctuations between these figures is key. The essential nutes are within this band for absorbtion , some at the higher ph and some the lower so a slight swing is ok.
Also try making a less strong nutrient mix. It is surprising how many of us overfeed and have to back off the suggested mix strengths. If they need more food than the mix gives them then the leaves start to pale over time , so gives a good indicator to increase it a little if needed.Please dont panic on the temps at all , it sounds like you have been stressed out on this issue mate and as long as it isnt cold ,( below 16°c ish) then your girls will grow fine. They are a "wind pollinated" plant so love a good breeze through the whole structure. Hope thats not a waffle mate. good luck

Thanks gajnagradaddy. The ph isn't an issue and I am confident that I have a little bit of wind burn. They are not hungry as they are in a fairly hot soil mix. Infact I went to feed them today as they were drying up and remembered that I have only to water until the girls show to be hungry.
Yes I have just arrived at the use a quarter of the manufacturers recommended amounts and now fully understand the importance of being aware of what's going on with my girls.. thanks for the input. :morenutes:

Thanks gajnagradaddy. The ph isn't an issue and I am confident that I have a little bit of wind burn. They are not hungry as they are in a fairly hot soil mix. Infact I went to feed them today as they were drying up and remembered that I have only to water until the girls show to be hungry.
Yes I have just arrived at the use a quarter of the manufacturers recommended amounts and now fully understand the importance of being aware of what's going on with my girls.. thanks for the input. :morenutes:
So you figure some nute burn?

I shouldn't have put the post up. I know better than the tiny ginger tips and only on a few leafs. I'm starting to post stuff that if I can think about it, I know that it's nothing. Still a little bit of paranoia is meant to be a good thing. Lol. Thanks for the fairly articulate response. I can only hope that IF I ever come up against an issue that I don't

Well thank you for your help whoever mentioned in length about the effects of soil amendments, namely fish blood and gore/ bone sorry. The ph is the issue. Little spot or 2 just a striped leaf and ginger serrated leaf edges. Learnt that the curling up a tiny bit of higher leaf could be a few things. But I put fish blood and bone in the potting on mix. Does this mean it's more or less acidic? I've forgotten.
Humidity wow that is a one to know. Can't recall to quote it. But it's not to be ignored. Hey there I'm learning something. I suck.lol

Well thank you for your help whoever mentioned in length about the effects of soil amendments, namely fish blood and gore/ bone sorry. The ph is the issue. Little spot or 2 just a striped leaf and ginger serrated leaf edges. Learnt that the curling up a tiny bit of higher leaf could be a few things. But I put fish blood and bone in the potting on mix. Does this mean it's more or less acidic? I've forgotten.
Humidity wow that is a one to know. Can't recall to quote it. But it's not to be ignored. Hey there I'm learning something. I suck.lol
I don't know acidic or not but when putting things like that in soil we have to let it "cook" for a month or so to bring the PH up in my small experience.

I've got John innes no 3, fish blood and bone,a little Epsom salt and a little sulphate of potash in to recharge my first attempt at a soil mix and start of growing bio grow. You are probably correct. I'll even risk being wrong and say that the bone is lowering the ph and for some reason I can't readily define; it's to do with the nutrient balance wheel?? Can't recall the name. I'm sure I read bone meal can block the magnesium uptake . I have only just put a dozen young plants ( 3 & 4week old) into 7 inch pots and I have taken a calculated risk!!!!! of giving the edges of the pots soil some lime in filtered water. Then a good bit later, I put some ph'd water down the middle of the plants root's to ensure the lime juice was flushed away from burning the roots.
Here's some more pics and I apologise for the light, the leaves are reasonable shade but some level of blotchy and a couple of cabbagy leafs on the younger ones. The damaged edges are ginger and there is a leaf or two high leafs with the edges curling in.
I should spend time reading the info instead of waffling. That's something like how this works I hope. There's a lot more that goes with it isn't there. Trying to learn. I guess I am inviting criticism. If you read this far. I've got to dissemble and hide 2 tents over a dozen young plants and all the hoods fans etc by next Thursday as the landlords are coming to inspect the property. So I am looking at the positive. My grow room will get the overdue deep cleansing and all the sht at the back cleared out. Yey.
15665519120065793196192222031575.jpg
15665519696459215954864916009623.jpg
156655202182923518411482099656.jpg

I don't know acidic or not but when putting things like that in soil we have to let it "cook" for a month or so to bring the PH up in my small experience.
Yeah thanks. I did mix it about 5 or 6 weeks ago with this in mind. But thanks anyway.

I'm going with a magnesium deficiency caused by the ph of the blood fish and bone. I have also put humic charge into the mix. Something about the calcium levels blocking the magnesium uptake?? I've given them a foliage feed of very diluted Epsom salts before lights out yesterday. They are all growing. Some more than others. I've also flushed with ph'd water once. Waiting for the ongoing growing appearance or dissistance of symptoms spreading.

Back
Top Bottom