Please help!

F8B07AB2-6EE8-4547-B086-C5ADA3E214A4.png
I guess that explains it.

seriously unimpressed with the advice given on this site lately,, what a bunch of dribble

for gosh sakes,, rambling on about mites non stop when the poster stated that was not the issue

perfect little white dots are not signs of mites,, anywhere, anytime

pictures, cameras and photographers vary so much in quality that sometimes it is hard to tell just what is going on, and we have to cover all bases when we see something odd. This is also the first time I have heard of a humidifier putting out an artificial snow, so please excuse my suspicion over the white spots that were presented to us. Just thinking about the little critters makes one's skin crawl, so I can understand people going on about them a bit. At least they are trying to help, eh? Love and Light everyone! :peace: :love:

The OP admitted to being a newbie gardener, there’s no shame in that; even the hard water mention doesn't explain it in my book. The spots don’t really look like mites, thrips, or even aphids as I suggested, or any other critters for that matter. The Prof probably hit the nail on the head with perlite nod but point is there shouldn't be white specks of perlite or anything on the fans like that. Everyone here keyed in on that same abnormality, plants look pretty good overall & not trying to gang up on the OP but suggest that further prodding on the subject matter is wise.

a couple a folks is havin a game of basketball,, discussing strategy , shots etc,,

a bystander joins the game and suggests the ball looks a bit flat on the bottom

a bunch of folks on the sidelines agree and state that the ball is in fact a football

so they grab the ball and go play football

i see no winners there

No worries, difference of opinion is all.... but you speak of dribble and then drop a hypothetical turd. Heck it could be flakes falling from a textured ceiling where the kids are jumping on the floor above or bad case of dandruff and the white spots are totally harmless but it’s enough of an unanswered question that it deserves further attention.

Im not going to argue with you, no need for that crap and I’ve got to roll anyway but sure hope it’s not critter related

oh i can dribble all right, indeed

and the older i get the more i seem to dribble from all over

I clearly read your explanation of hard water on both the first and second times you iterated it and I did not have any gaps in understanding what you described. So in spite of you saying it’s hard water and all over the humidifier.... I’m still strongly disagreeing, look - I don’t care if I’m right or wrong - that shit don’t matter to me.

Generally speaking if it were a hard water problem the leaves would resemble very faint patches of white pm across a large area like a stain. To me the pics in no way resemble faint patches of white pm in a stain pattern, there are obvious specks of whiteish debris on the leaves, could be perlite but unless you are sprinkling perlite directly above the plant since it has grown up - then I don’t see that as a possibility. Regardless of what is going on - not trying to insult you, I’ve been wrong many times before and have no probs with it....

but I've said my piece and sure hope you get it sorted!! :thumb:

Ok good job, but if you see any more white spots appear then you will know something is up. I didn’t think mites to begin with but Emilya has many years of experience on me. As mentioned aphids shed their old carcass on fan leaves as they mutate. But again most of these critters won’t be seen with your eye.... if and when you do finally see them it’s because they have got a huge foothold feasting on your crew.

Not here to spread doom & gloom just a bit of caution.... carry on!

I get the white dust from the humidifier too. Ultrasonics do that with tap water. It's very common.
That's why they recommend distilled for them.

Make sure you don't run carbon at the same time. The 'snow' will clog up your filter quickly and don't run one with the rh exceeding 70%. It will do the same.

I get the white dust from the humidifier too. Ultrasonics do that with tap water. It's very common.

Make sure you don't run carbon at the same time. The 'snow' will clog up your filter quickly and don't run one with the rh exceeding 70%. It will do the same.
I was really starting to 2nd guess myself even tho I was almost certain of what it was. I’m going to be using distilled from now on.
Thanks for pointing that I didn’t even think about the carbon filter, I’ll take the sleeve off and give that a clean . Yh I only have it set for 50 and somehow that keeps it about 60-65%. What humidity should I aim for during vegging?

I was really starting to 2nd guess myself even tho I was almost certain of what it was. I’m going to be using distilled from now on.
Thanks for pointing that I didn’t even think about the carbon filter, I’ll take the sleeve off and give that a clean . Yh I only have it set for 50 and somehow that keeps it about 60-65%. What humidity should I aim for during vegging?
I use a Vapor pressure deficit chart (VPD) and base my rh off of my temperatures.

Thanks VG - Hey thats cool, you know I can learn from anyone anywhere anytime. Never seen white flakes from one but now I know...

I owe you an apology OGLou, I was totally wrong there and didn’t mean to push the panic button, but when I see something way out of sorts, I‘m gonna bulldog it and shake the living shit out of it, especially if it remotely hints of pests. In 2020 I’ve played Whack-a-mite, Whack-a-Fungus Gnat and a few others non stop since March. I’ve killed them all and within 4 to 6 weeks one of them returns.

I was really starting to 2nd guess myself even tho I was almost certain of what i
Thanks VG - Hey thats cool, you know I can learn from anyone anywhere anytime. Never seen white flakes from one but now I know...

I owe you an apology OGLou, I was totally wrong there and didn’t mean to push the panic button, but when I see something way out of sorts, I‘m gonna bulldog it and shake the living shit out of it, especially if it remotely hints of pests. In 2020 I’ve played Whack-a-mite, Whack-a-Fungus Gnat and a few others non stop since March. I’ve killed them all and within 4 to 6 weeks one of them returns.
No need to apologise 013, end of the day u was looking out for my plants and I appreciate it. It was just frustrating as I knew where it was coming from but as I said to VG I started to doubt myself! I would much rather u guys say if u saw something wrong with them and try/help me out instead of just scrolling past and leaving me scratching my head hopefully I never have to come across a pest problem, long shot but I can only hope.
thanks again

I don't see a problem that we got concerned , we see specs and we have to get you informed with what COULD BE

this is the reality of unchecked specs, the very start does start with random specs I've had them a few grows this one also ,

download (37).jpg

my plants with mites

P1110313.JPG

your plant, as you can see its easy to get confused and maybe we zoomed by a little thinking you thought it was the humidifier , end of the day we do have a smoke, now we know it was the humidifier, so i cant see the problem , simple mistake,

02874F6C-07EE-469C-B549-323135A1A953.jpeg

I don't see a problem that we got concerned , we see specs and we have to get you informed with what COULD BE

this is the reality of unchecked specs, the very start does start with random specs I've had them a few grows this one also ,

download (37).jpg

my plants with mites

P1110313.JPG

your plant, as you can see its easy to get confused and maybe we zoomed by a little thinking you thought it was the humidifier , end of the day we do have a smoke

02874F6C-07EE-469C-B549-323135A1A953.jpeg

No neither do and I appreciate ur concern a lot. I can definitely see how u thought it could be mites looking at both mine and ur photos, it does look very very similar. I will definitely being paying close attention for mites or any abnormalities. This post has made me a lot more aware so thank you.

Am I ok in thinking then that my plants are ok and I don’t have to worry too much about the tips then? Could it be a case that the pots was too close to the heater hence making the soil hot?

they look spot on , :goodjob: its out grown the tip burn , or it would have dried the tips and they would die off and got worse , i thought you where in a heavier soil , thats why i asked , but your not , it was the plant just settling in :)
hot soil = soil with loads of nutes installed :)

Back
Top Bottom