Need help on how to raise female plants to get clones Exactly

arakawa

As the title says, I want to raise a female tree to get clone branches. What do I need to do to make sure the tree I am raising is a female tree? Can I let it flower then give it a Countdown Time back to 18/6 or 24/24 to the vegetative period and then take the stems ?

As the title says, I want to raise a female tree to get clone branches. What do I need to do to make sure the tree I am raising is a female tree? Can I let it flower then give it a Countdown Time back to 18/6 or 24/24 to the vegetative period and then take the stems ?

start with photoperiod feminized seed. any clones taken from that plant will be female. you can also start with regs then cull the males at flip and reveg the remaining females for clones.

Yes, you could - but why not just buy fem seeds?

i often do a clone run after i harvest the seed run. cheap way to fill the jars, and it can be good to hang on to a hard to find strain or exceptional phenos. running clones from a mother plant is the backbone of intensive sog grows as well.

i often do a clone run after i harvest the seed run. cheap way to fill the jars, and it can be good to hang on to a hard to find strain or exceptional phenos. running clones from a mother plant is the backbone of intensive sog grows as well.
Not only 'sea of green' grows but perpetual grows also, especially if the needs and wants of that particular strain or phenotype has already been dialed in.

And if the clones have been dialed in then it makes continuing to grow some a good way to have 'lab rats' for additional problem solving tests.;).

When cloning plants first you take a plant and vegetation before flip you take several clones off of it even if you don't know the sex of the plant that way when it flips you have more plants or just throw males away. Easy

Back
Top Bottom