Need help, seedlings stopped growing!

Blakwiddow

420 Member
Hi everyone, i really need some help
I recently planted 2 seeds and they have seemingly been growing extremely slow.
It is my first try at growing indoors.

I planted both seeds in 20l pots directly. With a ph level of 6-7 and i give them ample ventilation and i use the grow the jungle 200w the jacksons nemesis lamp which is on 24/7

the soil i used is CANNA BIOCANNA BIO TERRA PLUS 50l

Both of of the seeds when sprouted where a bit yellow but seemingly have recovered.

Maybe they need more feed?

Thanks alot for the help

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's not advisable to start seeds in its final pot size for many reasons. Lack of oxygen to the roots being one of them.

We need a little better info to be able to help. What are they planted in ie what kind of "soil" and what is your plan on feeding them? Some vital info is missing to give a good answer.

How long since they were above ground? Temps and humidity are a little on the lower side.

Cheers!

the soil i used was CANNA BIOCANNA BIO TERRA PLUS. i have grown a couple of plants outdoors with the same brand with no problem.
i was thinking about going out to buy some feed today but normally i never feed any of my plants but i have only grown outdoors.
What kind of feed would you recommend that is findable in a garden store.
they have been above ground for almost 2 weeks now. and the soil is very light not packed at all.

the soil i used was CANNA BIOCANNA BIO TERRA PLUS. i have grown a couple of plants outdoors with the same brand with no problem.
i was thinking about going out to buy some feed today but normally i never feed any of my plants but i have only grown outdoors.
What kind of feed would you recommend that is findable in a garden store.
they have been above ground for almost 2 weeks now. and the soil is very light not packed at all.
If it's Canna Bio Terra it's already amended and contains a lot of nutrients and will probably last for two months before you need to start adding any nutrients.

That's why you didn't need to add any nutrients growing outdoors with the same mix. My first couple of grows was in regular peat based mix like you use and I transplanted two three times and only gave them water. I had really great results back then.

It's an easy recipe for good results starting out since the only thing you need to focus on is getting the watering right. Most common error is overfeeding starting out.

So the slow growth is because of maybe the big pot and maybe to much feed? in that case should i maybe do a flush?
and the soil is not wet its just damp

the seedling is fine. there is nothing wrong.
small seedling in a big pot = real long time to get there. it's best to start in smaller containers and up pot. much faster.

flushing will only wash out the nutes you want to keep at this point.

edit : read through this

The little left plant is wilting i dont know what to do the “moist meter” says there is enough water so idk its wilting and curling up
Judging by the color of the coco coir in the photos it looks like it is moist enough.

Wilting can be caused by not enough water. Or by too much water. Sometimes the temperature of the air or the medium the roots are growing in can cause wilting.

That is a lot of change in the color since Tuesday. Maybe one of the growers who used coco regularly will have some idea of what is happening.

I still have a like fabric pot it supposed to be really good at giving air, should i repot the seedling in to the fabric pot with some dry soil?
I think that it would be better to wait and see if some of the others have an idea of what is happening to the seedling. Getting an idea of why it is turning yellow and wilting or wrinkling is the first step.

As it is, transplanting a seedling that size is tricky.

Did you fertilize it since Tuesday?

Back
Top Bottom