New Grower: Excited To Learn

Score, disinfect?
The score thing is kinda new to me, but it makes sense and I haven't had issues since I started doing it.
Just place adhesive backed course sandpaper in a small box, matchbox, etc. Then place the seeds inside and shake. The sandpaper with scratch the outside of the seeds allowing water to penetrate easier.

Disinfection is pretty straightforward. Add a half cup of water to a half cup of 3% peroxide. Just before you soak your seeds place them in the solution for 20 minutes or so. This one is pretty important

They work in recirculating system they don't degrade? Messing up the pump?
Here is a little hydro plant after harvest. You can see the Rooter intact at the top of the roots.

The roots you see are from the inside of the net pot. With a plant this size you can save the pot. But, I like big plants, so, I usually have to cut the pot apart to get the plant out of it. If I remember ill take pictures of the base of one of my hydro plants tomorrow, so you can see what I mean. The rapid rooter will come apart if the plant gets large, but it will not leave the net pot. Hydroton will get pushed out of the pot by the roots if plant has its way, but thats when it gets fun

Here is a little hydro plant after harvest. You can see the Rooter intact at the top of the roots.

The roots you see are from the inside of the net pot. With a plant this size you can save the pot. But, I like big plants, so, I usually have to cut the pot apart to get the plant out of it. If I remember ill take pictures of the base of one of my hydro plants tomorrow, so you can see what I mean. The rapid rooter will come apart if the plant gets large, but it will not leave the net pot. Hydroton will get pushed out of the pot by the roots if plant has its way, but thats when it gets fun
As I said i wanted to show how the Rapid Rooters break up with larger plants, but its down in the 6 inch net pot a bit too far to see. I thought the base was larger. Its in the back and kinda hard to see. Theres about three weeks left to the scheduled due date.

Wow putting up equipment in a wheelchair sucks but got the exhaust system and light hung
20200624_180358.jpg

Wow putting up equipment in a wheelchair sucks but got the exhaust system and light hung
20200624_180358.jpg
Looks good man. Im a huge proponent of a SCROG, but i don't think it would do you any favors. What kind of light are you using? I know you told me, but how many plants are you gonna grow?

My light is Electric Sky 180 V2 » Wideband LED Grow Light (ES180) from green sunshine, plants I plan on growing 2 but going to start off with just one and learn from it. I want to grow 2 plants at the same time. Same strain too.

Going to take me a few days to put my recirculating system together, have a few things to order still. What size of netpots do you use, and where do you get them? What clayton pebbles do you use?

My light is Electric Sky 180 V2 » Wideband LED Grow Light (ES180) from green sunshine, plants I plan on growing 2 but going to start off with just one and learn from it. I want to grow 2 plants at the same time. Same strain too.
2 is a good number if you need to get in there and work on them. 4 may be too tight

Going to take me a few days to put my recirculating system together, have a few things to order still. What size of netpots do you use, and where do you get them? What clayton pebbles do you use?
Its good to get it running a few day before you plant. Leaks and things can be tedious if your plants are wet.

I use 6 inch net pots. Anything smaller is simply too small and anything bigger requires more top watering till the roots really get going. I think its just too big. Ive grown some very large plants in 6 inch with no issue . My pots are made by General Hydro and work great, but they are a bitch to find (unless you need 75, which I dont). Current Culture and about 900 other companies make them. I would make sure they say heavy duty unless they come from a reputable manufacturer. You want to make sure the holes that hold the net pot are clean and a good fit. Light is an evil bastard in hydro, you dont want ANY gaps. Use a hole saw. A jig saw isn't a good idea... ive used one for this and almost scrapped out some new tub tops I made.

Depending on the grow, 2 is going to be my limit, although I plan on growing back to back
2 plants can give you plenty of bud. I once grew 2 and harvested 27oz. I would say the majority of folks here have too many in their room, which will put a clamp on your yield. I hate to say this, but you may want multiple lights if you're gonna grow 2 or more.... just my opinion

Now I am putting the intake system together woot woot

I know its kinda late now but you know you can just put the intake pipe in the hole at the btm of the tent and stand the filter on the flat end with the fan on top of it on the floor outside the tent??

The open vent pipe is all you need inside the tent. You dont need to hang stuff inside the tent cept for lighting. Thats hard enough to hang even without a wheel chair.

6" pots is what I ordered but definitely checking if I got the right ones. 2 plants at a time is my limit especially in my tub. I plan on training my plant one to the right and one to the left so scrog should fill up the tent 2'x4'x86".

I know its kinda late now but you know you can just put the intake pipe in the hole at the btm of the tent and stand the filter on the flat end with the fan on top of it on the floor outside the tent??

The open vent pipe is all you need inside the tent. You dont need to hang stuff inside the tent cept for lighting. Thats hard enough to hang even without a wheel chair.
[/QUOT
Now I have to redue them lol holes for vents are on top will that still work? Heard doing that is not good but that would save me a lot of space time to swap lol

You can vent from the top if you dont have a vent down low. Its how I've been doing it for 10 years now. I've never felt comfortable with all the weight above my girls and the room factor is a problem as well. I grow very tall plants that and I'd prolly be hitting my head on it.

Back
Top Bottom