New grower here looking for recomendations for lighting

Donch

420 Member
HI All... I.m a new grower up in Canada. I'm about 7 weeks into my first grow. I have a 6x6 room out in an unheated garage. The garage is insulated and can be heated with a wood stove. My room is insulated as well, was hoping the heat from my lighting would keep my room warm.

heres my setup...6x6 room, amazon 2000watt led ( actual draw 350 watt). I have a 300 cfm exhaust fan, and a 100 cfm intake fan. Im growing in soil, using fox farm trio of neuts. I have a oscillating fan blowing things around. Ive recently added an oil filled radiator electric heater.

small grow... just 4 plants.

I would like to expand things slightly, be able to perpetual grow... keep some mothers, and pull clones.

I have a small 4x2x6 grow tent, I am considering putting up inside my 6x6 room, and add a CMH light for blooming. use the tent for bloom, and keep the room in veg... this might reverse once I get things going.

Hydro cost is a big concern for me, up here in rural canada, even in off peak times our hydro is $0.30 per kwh.

I am looking at CMH lights, the 315 watt, the dual 315 watt, and the double ended 630 watt.

I want this light to be be large enough to supply more than enough like to cover my entire 6x6 room, but still small enough to put in my 4x2x6 tent.

I would also like to be able to dim the light down is needed to lower some costs.

would like to hear some input from you experienced guys, on what you recomend and why.... also interested the the advantages or disadvantanges of the models with the ballast attached to the light..

I run or have run the nanolux 630s in CMH. Not DE but dual bulbs which allows me to run each lamp at a different spectrum. Those are great lights and I highly recommend them. LEDS are great but you get what you pay for.

(A "2,000" watt led drawing 350,, that's funny and should be considered false and misleading by whomever is telling you that. Just my two cents, though)

Firstly congrats on the legalization in advance! :green_heart:Maybe you have heard of Mars Hydro, for your area, to either fit the 6x6 grow space or 4x2 space, it is some kind difficult. I would suggest tree of the reflector 144; if you put in to the 4x2. just put one of them will be enough, if for your 6x6, three of them will fit great! :Namaste:
And we will have 10% discount for all Canada customers only from 17th to the end of this month. :cool: on our official website

Like others on here, I'm running Quantums from HLG
As PW has said, they are.not cheap, but anything worthwhile usually isn't
You can save a few bucks up front with stuff like mars hydro or vipar
but you'll probably do what I did after the initial purchase, I bought Quantums and sold the mars hydro
It's a good veg light
Quantum lighting isn't and doesn't have to be that much more expensive than mediocre lights either
DIY it because it's dead simple
plenty of how to vids and help on here as well
don't cheap out on your lights, my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom