New grower - Need help

wooo2

Hi all

I just ywstersay received these guys/gals from a relative. She germinated the seeds and grew them up to now.

Now not only do I have few questions but also I have very limited info on these plants.

So I am going to grow them fully outdoor. Potted. With normal tap water.

1. Will this affect the plant negatively?
2. I just now re-potted the plants as I saw the soil was very tightly packed and from what I've read it needs to be "airy". I used a small fork to unearth them..as carefully as I could. If I did damage the roots in anyway, how can I fix this?
3. From the pics you can see that the pots I'm using aren't very deep. Approximately 15cm deep. Will this affect the growth of the plant?
4. If anyone recognise the strain any info will be appreciated as I was told the seeds are from a medicinal variety? Not claiming this as I am very unsure.
5. I will be watering around once per week as I know it shouldn't be over watered. But I live in south Africa and we are in the mid of summer. Average temp daily are between 27-35 degrees Celsius and nightly between 11-19 degrees. Are these temperatures acceptable and is approximately 15 hours sunlight sufficient?
6. Lastly, from the info I have these plants are about 4-6 weeks old. One of them is about 25cm tall while all the others are considerably shorter...about 10 - 15cm. Why would 1 grow so much faster than others?

Ps. I used a 100% organic compost to soil with small pieces of bark. Tap water once per week and light daily sprays of epsom salted water to feed nutrients to the plant. This spray is sprayed onto the Base of the stalk and the leaves.

If the community can advise on anything I'm doing wrong or right it'll be appreciated. Thanks 420 community.
420-magazine-mobile150010962.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1796339546.jpg
420-magazine-mobile965559668.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1046092951.jpg
420-magazine-mobile377268009.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1836448398.jpg

Sent from my SM-A700F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They are obviously Sativa-heavy, looking at how narrow the leaf fronds are.

35 deg C is a bit hot, esp when reflected from a dark surface. (looks like a rooftop) Will they get some shade during the day? How much breeze will they get? Outside, the breeze plus what the plant gives off in moisture cools the plant down.

Don't worry about some root damage. Cannabis is a weed and will recover quickly, now that they have more room to spread out.

I see you have 5 plants right up close to each other in one pot. Mature plants outdoors can get over 5 metres tall and 4 or 5 meters in diameter, if grown in the ground. When in pots, less than 20 Liters, put only 1 plant to a pot. Give them plenty of room!

You said your pots were only 15 cm deep. How big are they in litres? Restricting the pot size will keep your plants small. If you have the luxury of growing them outdoors, why not consider larger pots? Your yield will be much bigger if you can provide plenty of room for the roots. The more roots, the bigger the Yield!

They are placed on a roof to get max daylight but it a silver sink roof that reflects the sunlight towards them. They do not get any shade apart from the odd cloud covering the sun. There is a daily breeze blowing which I assume is a good thing?

Thanks for the advice AKgramma. I have a very large fish tank which o plan to re re-plant them but need to drill holes in to get the ventilation going etc. The current pots they're in are about (based on my math) 8 litres? Is replanting them again advisable into the larger space?

They are placed on a roof to get max daylight but it a silver sink roof that reflects the sunlight towards them. They do not get any shade apart from the odd cloud covering the sun. There is a daily breeze blowing which I assume is a good thing?

Thanks for the advice AKgramma. I have a very large fish tank which o plan to re re-plant them but need to drill holes in to get the ventilation going etc. The current pots they're in are about (based on my math) 8 litres? Is replanting them again advisable into the larger space?

8 liters is OK for one plant. Can you find more containers of the same size or larger, like used water jugs, etc?

Your environment sounds fine, as long as the temp doesn't get above 35 C. 25 to 30 C is more within the ideal temp range for the best growth. Once the temp goes above the ideal, growth slows down, and you need to make sure they don't dry out or get sunburn. You can be creative, shading the plants when those high temperatures hit.

You could use your old fish tank as a nursery for seedlings and clones. I wouldn't drill holes in it, unless it leaks already.
:goodluck:

Once again... many thanks AK. I decided I'd rather just go and buy a couple of 20l drums/buckets and makeshift those to accomodate these guys. Sucks not having the right equipment from the start but I want them to grow nice and healthy. So after some research yesterday and what cannabis plants need etc in terms of nutrients... I gave them all a small dosage of my wife's pregnancy vitamins which is loaded with magnesium, zinc, vitamins and a couple of other minerals (which I did read on and are all good for the plants).

I will post again in a few days on their condition and I'm suspecting one might be starting to pre-flower (female) however that can also be the "excitement of a first timer" blinding my vision to only see what I want to.

Good plan! I was glad you didn't have to look for suitable pots in someone's trash (altho that is a common practice starting out cheaply). Just keep posting pics, and we will try to answer your questions.

Once you see your first preflower, you will never have to question the sex of a plant again. :high-five:

. thanks. Although I might want to confirm pre flower with you. Hahaha

If you can confirm if this is pre flowering for a female (or if I'm just seeing things?) That would be really appreciated bud (no pun intended)
420-magazine-mobile192913607.jpg
420-magazine-mobile501082657.jpg

Not sure if the second picture helps any but they look much healthier than 2 days ago.

Thwe paired hairs will be very white an vey fine, like human hairs. The fuzzy things in the pic are more vegetative growth. Here is one from my own gallery.

Sample_left_on_plant.JPG

See the fine hairs coming out of the calyxes? Ignore the single cat hairs. LOL! Preflowers will not be full like this, but you WILL see a green calyxe with 2 distinct white hairs coming from them. "Helooooo, here I am!!!"

Awesome. Thanks man. Like I said...beginners goggles I guess. Haha

Back
Top Bottom