New growth - Wilting with brown tips

P.S. - For future reference: I've been reading that using LED's automatically require a bit more cal/mag in the plants diet. I also have read using coco requires a bit more cal/mag in the plants diet.

I've read the same thing as far as LEDs go. I don't understand why, but I do know that is a common concept.

I've got good and bad news. The good - she's growing. Leaf width has exploded (IMO) and she's overall a much bushier, bush. The bad - the very tips of all the upper and mid level growth that has taken off are browning. It's not severe in any way but it's there.

Yesterday I noticed the canopy leaves were light green and after some research, I moved the light even higher. From what I gather LED's can burn/bleach new growth easily because of their intensity. MarsHydro, if I'm not mistaken suggest 18". I was at 20-21" so I've moved the light higher once again. I'm now at 23" from the highest leaf on the plant.

Hopefully this helps. Otherwise, I'm at a complete loss on this brown tip/yellowish leave crap.

If it is "just the tip" :cheesygrinsmiley:, I doubt it is the light. I keep my MH at 18" (or even less occasionally) w/o problems once the plants are acclimated.
Possibly nute' burn? You may have a very light feeder - sort of like my Zamaldelica. My other plants like my soil and some want more 'N', but the ZD has its hands full just dealing with the nitrogen already in the soil.
Picture?

That damn LED light once again makes things look so much worse. She looks much less problematic having brought her out of the closet. However, the issues are still there. Just not as bad as I thought, I suppose. :)

Bianca1.jpg

Bianca2.jpg

Bianca3.jpg

Pffft! She looks GREAT!
Did you give her the feed I mentioned? Maybe the combo with the nute's already in the FF soil is a little much for her (?).

Yes, I gave her what you suggested. Wouldn't the nutes in the FF soil have been reduced drastically from the flush I performed?

Some.
Not all nutrients are created equal. 'N' is very mobile and the easiest to add or flush. Phosphorous is "mobile" but much less than 'N'. Magnesium much less still and considered slightly mobile, and calcium is not mobile. They can also get bound to other nutrients or be locked out until the mix changes in EC, PH, temp, etc.

Think I'll be okay if in the next day or so I begin flower mode?

I'm getting very impatient. :)

I think so. Go for it! :thumb:
Is she the size you want to fit your space give you the yield you hope for?

From what I've read, she may double in size and that would be the max for my space, I think. Yield? Hehe... I have no idea what to expect but my needs are small. I only smoke in the middle of the night when I wake up from insomnia and/or muscle spasms. An ounce would be good enough to last me 6+ months so assuming she pulls that much, I'll be happy.

Yeah, with indica-dominant, two times in height is probably about right. It could easily go three times.

I grew some small indica-dominant plants last winter. They yielded an average of two zips per plant so you should be good.

As you can see they got off to a very rough start. I had some soil that was non-stop problems. This is what they looked like under HPS at the flip (38 days from germination).
20160103_070604.jpg

This is how they looked at harvest (60 days later).
GASS1-22.jpg
GASS1-12.jpg

Beautiful looking plant, Major!

I'm going to try that 36hrs of darkness I read about to get things rolling starting tonight and then go to a 12/12 schedule. I'll keep ya posted.

And thanks again to everyone for their input/help.

Back
Top Bottom