New guy

Tomk

420 Member
Hello I am just beginning to grow. I use for medicinal purposes mainly and have for decades.
We just moved to Nevada, so figured I would take a shot it growing. I will be attempting some autoflowering and growing indoors. Any suggestions for a complete newby would be appreciated. Soils?
Thank you

Hi Tomk, Great site to learn to grow. I'm personally not a fan of Auto-Flowers although I have grown them a few times. First off, don't believe what the Breeder says about a plant finishing in 8 weeks or what ever. That's BS. Every Auto grow I did it took 2 - 4 weeks longer than the breeder said it would.
Do you have a grow set up yet? How many plants do you plan to grow? How much weed are you looking to harvest every 3 - 4 months? We can tell you a lot of ways to do things but we'll need to know your plans to get you on the right track.
I'd keep things simple the 1st grow. Buy a bag or 2 of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil & some 5 gallon cloth grow bags. You don't up-pot Auto's in case you didn't know. You start & finish in the same pot. I'd also order a 1000 gram bag of Mega Crop All Purpose Plant Food. They have a Free Sample on the Greenleaf Nutrient web site. You pay shipping only. That's the only nutrient you will need through the entire grow.
This is the simplest way to grow that I've found. The rest depends on the size of your grow space, lights, fan, Temps & Humidity for the most part.
Mars Hydro has some pretty decent complete set ups (tent, light, fan & filter) that are reasonably priced & of good Quality. @SmokeSara can fill you in. She's our Mars Hydro Sponsor & you get a discount if you order through her.
I use 2 Mars Hydro TSW 2000's in my grow room but will be adding a 3rd one real soon since I built a bigger room.
Any questions ? Feel free to ask & you'll get plenty of help. We have some of the best growers in the world here to help.

Hello , and welcome aboard , the only difference between auto and photo is they dont yield as much and they dont require a light flip to 12/12 , i run my auto at 24/0 lighting for the entire grow but you can run them at 18/6 also if you want to save a little electricity , and yes the mega crop is a good fertilizer to use for soil , growing cannabis is not that hard it just requires a lot of time and patience from start to finnish , more plants more time , the 1st question is how much money and time you want to put in to this , you will need a couple thousand dollars at least ,tent ,lights, meters, fans , pots , nutrients , water reservoir , potting soil or a media to grow in, seeds , but soil is the easiest to start with as for the learning part but it isn't really all that much cheaper , what kind of water are you gonna use , tap water sucks in most area`s , chlorine , chloramine the city adds to the water hurts plants .i am not trying to discourage you at all but if you aren't prepared to spend time and money on this hobby dont get into it , just buy your medicine , i have seen a lot of people get into this and a year later their equipment is collecting dust in a corner some where , this is a fantastic site to help you with your grow , we have many great members for all the different types of growing methods available to us , spend some time in the forums and do some reading a lot of your questions can be answered there , but ask away as we were all new to this hobby at one point and we love to help new people coming in to it .

I can't say I totally agree with the above statement. Soil is $13 - $15 per bag x 3, Mega Crop $10, 4' x 4' tent (Walmart.com) under $150, 6" exhaust Fan & Filter $120, Oscillating Fans $35, 5 - 5 gallon grow bags $10 on EBAY, a decent light $400 - $500, 5 seeds $50 - $60 for a good breeder, misc. $100
That's what I see it costing for a 4' x 4' or 5' x 5' set up that will grow 5 good size plants with middle of the road equipment. About $1000 & you are up & running & yielding a pretty good amount of weed.
Now if you are going 4' x 8' or 5' x 10' or one of the larger dimension tents & you are also looking for top quality equipment it will run into the thousands. But not for a personal set up to grow weed for yourself & a friend or two.

$1000 might sound like a lot of money to invest. How much does an OZ sell for where you live ? Around me it's at least $160. Now count each plant for 3 - 4 oz. for a 1st grow. That's 15 - 20 oz. of weed from 5 plants. 15 oz. x $160 = $2400. You just got all your money back .

Back
Top Bottom