New here and first grow

Smalls420

Hey everyone I'm new here I'm 22 I've been smoking cannabis for a little while and figured I'd try my hand at growing. I'll be starting a journal for my first grow even though I've already started the plants. I have added a photo of my best plant so far, I have five pineapple Express plants going as of now. My first three I forgot to right down when I started them but it's been about a month and a half. I have two more that just went in the soil on 2/14/19. These first plants had a rough start for the first few weeks but seem to be doing better now. Hoping you guys can give me some insight on growing when I could use a hand.

Welcome smalls420! could you give us some info on the grow specs tent,light,nutrients,ventilation theres a ton of really smart growers on here if you have any issues someone should be able to help good luck!
Yeah so I have a pretty basic set up right now, I have a 32x32x63 tent, a 600w led grow light I am using black gold organic soil in a 12 inch pot I'm not sure of the gallon size. I haven't used any nutrients yet, the tent temperature stays around 75-80 with a RH of 70%-75% I do use a small fan for some air circulation but that's it. I'm not using a water schedule I water when the soil about an inch down is starting to dry out with PH adjusted water.

Yeah so I have a pretty basic set up right now, I have a 32x32x63 tent, a 600w led grow light I am using black gold organic soil in a 12 inch pot I'm not sure of the gallon size. I haven't used any nutrients yet, the tent temperature stays around 75-80 with a RH of 70%-75% I do use a small fan for some air circulation but that's it. I'm not using a water schedule I water when the soil about an inch down is starting to dry out with PH adjusted water.
Greetings Small... welcome to the group! First off, lets get you watering correctly. This is a weed, not a tomato, and it needs to dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings, not just 1 or 2 inches down. Look up the "lift the pot" method of telling when the container is so dry that you can't discern any water weight at all... and that is the proper time to water a weed. This is the first and most common mistake new gardeners of weeds make, and the easiest way to damage a new weed, overwatering by watering too often. I wrote sort of a guide and i invite you to read it. What pH are you adjusting your water to? Good for you not using nutes yet with that good soil... you won't need nutes until late veg, unless you intend to supercharge the grow. Sounds like you have thought this out pretty well.

Greetings Small... welcome to the group! First off, lets get you watering correctly. This is a weed, not a tomato, and it needs to dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings, not just 1 or 2 inches down. Look up the "lift the pot" method of telling when the container is so dry that you can't discern any water weight at all... and that is the proper time to water a weed. This is the first and most common mistake new gardeners of weeds make, and the easiest way to damage a new weed, overwatering by watering too often. I wrote sort of a guide and i invite you to read it. What pH are you adjusting your water to? Good for you not using nutes yet with that good soil... you won't need nutes until late veg, unless you intend to supercharge the grow. Sounds like you have thought this out pretty well.
Alright I'll definitely check it out and thanks for the tip! I've never tried growing anything so it's all new to me lol. I will slow down on the watering from here out. And yes I've been doing a lot of research to try to get the best yield.

Alright so here is my full set up for now with pictures of my first three.

Attachments

• 20190220_163747.jpg
    20190220_163747.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20190220_163829.jpg
    20190220_163829.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 20190220_163840.jpg
    20190220_163840.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20190220_163818.jpg
    20190220_163818.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 148
I would just be careful watering those large pots with the small seedlings i up potted like 3 times 1gal 3gal 5gal makes it easier to water plants can only absorb so much water without a developed root ball its worked good for me. I use the lift method to tell when to water hasn't failed me yet I just record the date that I feed or water so I have a reference..

One more thing I was thinking a 4inch inline fan might be something to think about to get that air exchanging and for the smell later down th road.

I have one of those same pots, it is outside with dead flowers in it covered in ice and snow though. Your pots look like they are happier than mine. The plants look happy too!

I second the inline fan idea from @Mikesem420 , in a small indoor setup a little bit of controlled air exchange can go a long way!

Alright guys I'm here to give a little update. It's been a little over a week since I posted this thread. I think I stated this before but my first two weeks were a disaster so I think these guys are a little behind. Since I have last posted I have been watering with the lift pot method I did add half the recommended dosage of cal mag to the three bigger plants. (The new growth slowed substantially and the new leaves were twisting seems to have fixed that) ph has been adjusted to 6.5, the temps have been high about 85°F I have added a second fan to help combat that, RH has been staying about 50%. I am using a 600w led about 24 inches away from the plants I will be getting a 1200w led in the mail tomorrow. Should I only run the 1200 or run both the 1200 and 600 together?
As of 3/1/19 from germinated seed in soil this is week 6.

Week 5

Week 5

Week 2 day 1

Week 2 day 1

Back
Top Bottom