New here - Need some advice

PineappleGuy

Hey 420Mag Fam.This is my first topic.

I'm thinking to start a grow but i need to plan everythink in my head before i start it.I dont have much space so i need a small plant and harvest it quick as possible.I live with my father right now so grow must be stealth and no smell.

I found Fruit Autoflowering for its small size,average harvest.Super skunk auto again its small size and super quick harvest but im afraid that skunk may smell too much.Last one is Tangerine Dream Auto cuz i want 1 Sativa plant and it seems fine.

I think i will train them with LST and Topping.With Cfl's,DIY carbon filter exhaust and it is necessary for smell some ona odor controll stuff because i dont want any smell that my dad could notice

Please give me some ideas and suggest something.Appreciate every comment

Btw i dont know if this topic is appropriate in growers lounge.If not i can move it.

Re: New here,Need Some Advices

Hey welcome guy. Those strains sound mouthwatering. Your dads gonna probably smell the the trees. Better double the grow, he might want his fair share lol Jk. Good luck and go after it!

Re: New here,Need Some Advices

Hahahah.Wısh we could smoke together But if he can notice i wont do it.So you say a carbon filter and a ona jel wont work?

Hi Pineapple -- Have you thought about a dwarf? There are a couple of links in my sig file to Dwarf Low Flyer auto grows. Mine only got about 16" tall and gave a good yield.

As for smell, do plan on that being an issue no matter what strain you choose, and have containment and smell abatement (carbon filter) as part of your plan. Just for reference, one little 16" tall dwarf in my living room smelled enough that you could smell it wafting out of a window 40 feet away.

If you decide to go with an auto, you can top them just as they start to flower at about weeks. That worked well for me.

Have a look at my indoor grow for CFLs and LED light bulbs (which I'd recommend over CFLs). They are tempting for cost and availability, but you will need 10 to 12 of them to get a good yield, so you have cords, sockets, etc., plus they must be very close to the plant, so you must constantly be rearranging them.

I would suggest a good-quality 450-watt LED grow lamp for one plant. They can be had for about $100.

Anyway, just .02. Good luck on whatever path you choose.

Mixed CFL and LED light bulb grow (& even a 12 watt LED grow lamp) with a Dwarf Low Flyer (this is the plant you could smell 40' away)
2017-05-24_Day_65_1130_001.JPG

The charcoal filter works great for killing smells, but you still need to open the tent to water etc. There is also a bit of noise. I'd say you need a clear two month where it's going to be about impossible to completely mask what you are doing. The smell is strong in the last month of flower and during drying. It's not really going to work unless you pick a strain that doesn't smell or can be confused for something else.

Hi Pineapple -- Have you thought about a dwarf? There are a couple of links in my sig file to Dwarf Low Flyer auto grows. Mine only got about 16" tall and gave a good yield.

As for smell, do plan on that being an issue no matter what strain you choose, and have containment and smell abatement (carbon filter) as part of your plan. Just for reference, one little 16" tall dwarf in my living room smelled enough that you could smell it wafting out of a window 40 feet away.

If you decide to go with an auto, you can top them just as they start to flower at about weeks. That worked well for me.

Have a look at my indoor grow for CFLs and LED light bulbs (which I'd recommend over CFLs). They are tempting for cost and availability, but you will need 10 to 12 of them to get a good yield, so you have cords, sockets, etc., plus they must be very close to the plant, so you must constantly be rearranging them.

I would suggest a good-quality 450-watt LED grow lamp for one plant. They can be had for about $100.

Anyway, just .02. Good luck on whatever path you choose.

Mixed CFL and LED light bulb grow (& even a 12 watt LED grow lamp) with a Dwarf Low Flyer (this is the plant you could smell 40' away)
2017-05-24_Day_65_1130_001.JPG
Ur plant looks big How big is it? And is it open? Thanks for the advices

The charcoal filter works great for killing smells, but you still need to open the tent to water etc. There is also a bit of noise. I'd say you need a clear two month where it's going to be about impossible to completely mask what you are doing. The smell is strong in the last month of flower and during drying. It's not really going to work unless you pick a strain that doesn't smell or can be confused for something else.
Well i guess i read Nothern Lights doesnt smell so much.You heard one?

You're right. It doesn't smell as much as what I'm growing right now (Green Crack), but when the flowers are ripe and starting to turn they absolutely smell. They smell even more after you cut them down during the drying process. You might get away with it, but odds aren't great. I suppose it depends on how much you have to lose. If you do go ahead, get an intake fan too. Keep the tent sealed. Water and treat with the window open and the door closed. Dry your weed inside the tent.

Yea i checked it out looks fineeee.But i think i can keep these strains on low profile with lst and 12/12 from seed.I searched that 12/12 stuff too there is some good plants with it

Back
Top Bottom