New setup! RDWC to DWC questions

bigbudz90

Hey peeps

So ive been growing for some time using a home made RDWC system, my mate got me started having something simular on a larger scale (24 plants)... anyway simple gravity fed system
The system did me solid for a fair few grows not bad for some PVC and fittings from the local hardware store.

So anyway story goes after a few grows I got sick of cleaning the thing out and decided to upgrade my system.

After chatting with the guys at the hydro store I decided to go with 4 x Oxypots, 17l from nutsystems.com
New setup 2 weeks in, have my "Incredible Bulk" clones in the pots and all is going well although one thing is driving me nuts... filling and draining the pots.

Being use to RDWC this is a little frustrating for me, after doing some research i see these systems come in a RDWC option at a rediculous price with a IWS.. so my question do i need a IWS? can i run a simple pump and return lines?.. Simply im wanting a single reservoir to fill and a pump system to drain.

Anyway im hoping some peeps can share your setups and shed some light on what my best options are.. cheers in advance

Welcome BigBudz90 to 420 magazine
I do the flood and drain. I’m trying dwc with ph Perfect nutrients to get by ! @snowbound does the rdwc ! He made his own setup.

Just remember the only draw back I don’t like about rdwc one get sick they all goin to get sick one has root prob all of them getting the goopies I like single them out cuz difrent straines need dif attention

Hey welcome . You can really set your system up however you want so it works for your space and you. As long as it is balanced. I have built 2 systems for two different spaces. My first one was not built properly because I built it in a straight line and as the root balls get huge the last bucket in the line always had the most water because the root ball in bucket1 was slowing proper draining. My second system is built proper and is half inch feed line too each bucket with a valve to control the flow. Drains through inch and half pvc to the res with the pump in it.

Easy to build and is super heavy duty and cost abut 200 bucks for a 8 plant set up not including air pump or water pump.

Thanks for the prompt reply’s fellas... nice setups.

Still divided on weather to link the pots or not, changed water last night, took me 45 mins to dump and replace the pots one by one.

This is the setup using my pots and IWS unit, wondering if I do something similar but simplified.
Main reservoir linked like in the photo, no pump. with a top feed return using a small pond pump..

Cheers boys.
Also what strains and feeds you guys rocking?

Welcome, bigbudz90.

I think that will b nice to link em up I’m growing c4 n tangy auto from a fellow grower on here n nutes I’m using dayna grow n bloom with Calmag keeping it simple

Back
Top Bottom