New to all this!

Habsfan

420 Member
Hello everyone. I am great need of some help. My wife was diagnosed with stage four esaughagus cancer that has spread to her stomach and various lymph nodes on April 9. When my oldest son found out he went and bought some afgani bullrider and made some Rick Simpson oil using acetone. He had never done this before. He showed us the you tube video “Making cannabis oil with Rick Simpson”. Untill then we had never heard of anything like this. Being almost 50 and never had anything really to do with marijuana other than to watch distant friends smoke it periodically we were sceptical. But in the hopes of keeping my wife alive she has been using the oil since April 15. She has since been through one round of chemo (4 treatments every 2-3 weeks). We met with oncologist yesterday who said there has been minor shrinkage to the tumors. She has goten down to as low as 95 pounds at her lowest and has never had a high tolerance for medications or alcohol. Small amounts of either would affect her. For example one beer usually had her very drunk. She gets VERY high from the oil. So much so that she feels as if parts of her body stop working. For example her right leg feels as if it goes dead and she is dragging it when she walks. She started with very small amounts as instructed by the video, trying to build a tolerance for it. She now is up to what she thinks is a grain to a grain and a half at a time in a piece of bread with water. She is trying to take her doses sooner (every 4 hrs) to try and even things out rather than such highs and lows. But after reading some posts here we are very confused. There is contradiction here to what the video said. You speak of tacking vs ingesting and possibly less than what she has been taking. I am also wondering if it was made from the proper strain. Please help

Wow. What an eye opener. But do to lack of knowledge, a pee brain, and being absolutely terrified about the possible outcome we are not really able to follow some of this info ? I may be wrong but Ricks video only mentions sativa strains and only needing to take it orally. But apparently there is so much more to it? Is there anywhere someone could point me that is more specific to my wifes needs and nothing else ?? As well as the product she currently has been taking

So ive spent many hours on here so far. Still so very confused. Because the oil is home made we do not know what the % are. Not sure what the best method of taking the oil would be for her particular cancer. Wether its tacking, oral, suppository or a mixture. As far as bioavailability is it coconut oil, flaxseed oil, or a bio bomb. And how often should we be cleaning receptors. Is green tea every day ok or too much. I am so sorry for being a pest !!!!!!

Found you! Lol!

Hello Habsfan. :hug::hug::hug:

Yes, there is a lot to absorb. When I first arrived it kinda scared the beejeezers out of me lol! After you've been here a while it starts to become a second language.

At the start, let me assure you you couldn't be a pest. This is a lot to take in. So let's see what we can do to take it down a notch in frustration.

Your wife's cancer is in the lymphatic system which suggests a need for olive oil. The molecules of olive oil are a size that gets them absorbed into the lymphatic system first, buying you extra time before they get to the liver.

Using a supplement like amentoflavone or apigenin 30 minutes before any dose buys even more time by creating a flash mob of components to keep the liver enzymes occupied when the cannabinoids finally do get back there.

Before I forget, prior to any radiation or chemo treatments it's most helpful to take a dose of cannabis medicines 30 minutes before to protect the healthy cells.

Tacking, the smearing of a small bit of oil inside the cheek or gums, is very useful to prime the system for a major dose and we suggest it be done 30-45 minutes before administration. The cannabinoid load isn't high enough to retreat serious internal cancers. For that we suggest you formulate a BioBomb mix and use suppositories. We can help you work through that confusion over at the Cancer regimen thread, if that's ok for you. It helps to keep the information as consolidated as possible for future patients.

Your wife will benefit from suppository administration. She's uncomfortably high, which means she's got too much running through her system and it'll result in a withdrawal of some receptors as the system struggles to function. The standard in titrating to the optimal therapeutic dose goes like this:

* Start sub-therapeutically and increase the dose until you feel anything different at all.
* Stay at that level for three day.
* Increase the dose very slowly, staying at each new level until any feeling of euphoria becomes "normal."
* Once you get to the point where you can't get comfortably adjusted to the euphoria, back off one step. This is your optimal therapeutic dose (OTD).

When you make the step back there's no problem with euphoria. This is the limit your body can work with through the gut. When we introduce suppositories, inserted shallowly, you enter the lymphatic system and more healing can occur without the fear of more euphoria.

To be fair to Rick Simpson, he was a maverick out on the fringes, making do with a total lack of any emperical data. We now have evidence that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that most patients with cancer respond favorably to doses below 300 mg of combined cannabinoids in a day. Your wife is taking more than three times that through the gut. Man! Am I glad you found us. This need immediate attention.

This is not medication by intoxication. If you're getting high you need to adjust the regimen. Adding CBD to the mix will greatly increase the ability to use more THC in the edible medicines, but to be honest, if you follow this advice and back her off from edibles to be replaced with anal administration you'll see much better results. She'll have a much easier time of it too. She deserves to enjoy the journey.

I hope I've helped to soften that sense of panic I was picking up. There's more time than it fees like Habsfan. The diagnosis is a word, just a word. I have a couple unconventional suggestions:

There's a book titled "Radical Remission" by Kelly Turner. I couldn't recommend this more passionately. It'll give you a great shot of confidence in the idea that the body was designed and evolved to heal, and it does so better when we stop getting in the way.

Now, find time to hug that lovely woman you share your life and love with and hold that hug for at least three slow, deep breaths. Do this every day without fail. There's something we don't understand completely about the power of hugging, but I know from experience that the health benefits of this regimen can't be duplicated in any other way.

Lastly, take time with your beloved every evening to do everything you can to make each other laugh as hard as possible for at least ten minutes. Do this faithfully every day. Laughter is the best medicine. In the act of laughing we release all the tension blocking the signalling efficiency of the endocannabinoid system doing its darnedest to spontaneously heal us.

It's going to be alright Habsfan. :hug: Keep asking questions. You can't be a pest. :hug:

@Habsfan, a good topical applied to the neck and upper chest will be an excellent addition to the regimen. If you can, a double-strength formulation would be my first choice. If you have the cannabis we have a couple wonderful recipes.

There are so many options available to you. I hope you can become as excited about that as I am. :hug:

Wow. Thank you so much !!!! How do we know we have the right / or good enough oil ? I have no idea on the percentages. In the last few days she has tried hard to up the dose. Hoping to just get used to it. She has taked a 1/2 gram total over 5 doses each day for 2 days now but is high as a kite all day. Sleepy high. The past 2 mornings feeling nauseated also. She has had neck and back pain for a little over a week that I naturally would have thought the oil to be able to rid her of that pain ?

Cannabis is biphasic, which means a dose that’s too high can cause aggravation of the very thing you were treating.

My best advice would be to step back from the oil for 72 hours and then start again with a much, much lower dose.

You’re responding in a very human way. This is something you want out of her and you figure a bigger stick will chase it away faster.

To begin with, that fearful mentality of believing the cancer is more powerful than her system to handle sends the wrong vibration to her cells. She was made to heal like the rest of us. There’s something clogging the energy pipes, but that’s another conversation.

Accept that her cells know what they need to do and work from that stance. The healing power of the human organism is a wonderful thing.

Once you start back on the oil begin very low and as soon as she feels anything - which’ll probably be almost immediately - stay there for three days before you increase.

What you’ll find is her tolerance through the gut will be incredibly low, in comparison to what she’s taking now, but that’s all her gut can work with. Any more than that and you disrupt the healing going in around her body as the system tries to function high.

We think we need a big stick when the ECS prefers a feather’s touch.

Herbal remedies take more time than pharmaceuticals, and require more patience in the administration. Cellular healing is a long-term solution offered to a world trained to expect instant results. With cannabis therapeutics you’re kinda forced to have faith.

When she isn’t walking around too uncomfortably high you can get a better handle on how she’s responding to the terpenes and we’ll know if another choice might be called for. For now the goal is get her to her optimal therapeutic dose, not Rick Simpson’s.

We had an appointment with the oncologist yesterday. The new round of chemo to start next week. Treatment every three weeks with pills for the following two after treatment. Apparently the tumour showed signs HER2. So now they say the next protocol is to use a formulation that attacks or blocks these receptors?? Cajun first mentioned using coconut oil for bioavailability. Is amentoflavone or apigenin better? Is there something in a whole food option that she could take instead of capsules or tablespoons of oil. Does the HER2 receptors require any different approach?

Back
Top Bottom