New to Indoor - First Indoor Grow - HOG - 2011

Re: New to Indoor-First Indoor Grow-HOG-2011

Yes, thank you for that info. Where do you buy these bits?

Hey HR. There pretty easy to find. I found these at Ace Hardware. Most any garden supply should have 'em. You can also find 'em online just do a search on Google and you'll find several sources. They are definitely cheaper online. I got a 8 oz jar for @ $12.00. But that will last a lonnnnng time.

:goodluck:

Thanks for the link bro. I didn't really know the havoc those little things could do until reading that. Going to spray my girls down now.

They are really anoying and persistent little fuggers! Glad I could help.
:peacetwo:

Yesterday was the first day under HPS lights and new 12/12 sched. Today I found some yellow spotting on some of the leaves. I don't see how these are related but it sure is freaking me out and has me scratching my head! :scratchinghead:

Here are some pics:

Leaf
010368.JPG

20x Top of leaf
20x_Top.jpg

60x Top of leaf
60x_Top.jpg

20x Underside of leaf
20x_Underleaf.jpg

60x Underside of leaf
60x_Underleaf.jpg

If anyone can help I sure would like to figure this one out. It almost reminds me of rust on roses although I've never seen rust at this magnification. It does not rub off and looks to be systemic. Any help would be much appreciated. Hope this is a minor :bump: in the road!

I would need to know more but the fact that it started right around the flowering period and the way it looks, I am guessing a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium Deficiency will show no visible symptoms for the first 3-4 weeks of growth. The symptoms become visible at 4-6 weeks and degrade from there if not treated. Again I am not sure But it looks like that could be the issue. Hope this helped.:thumb:

Are you foliar feeding?

Thanks for your input. That is a really good observation! :bravo: I suspected that also. The day before I changed them over to the flower cycle I changed the foliar formula.

Here's what I had been using: Per gal. of ph'd H2O

5ml Maxsea 16-16-16
5 ml Hygrozyme
5ml Thrive Alive
10 ml Molasses

I thought I would try SuperThrive so instead of 5 ml of ThriveAlive I used 1.25 ml of the SuperThrive.

When I do foliar feed I remove them from the lights and spray them. I then let them dry before being placed back under the lights.

I think I will hold off on the SuperThrive and go back to my old formula to see if they improve.

What I don't understand is why all the leaves aren't showing the problem. I spray pretty thoroughly with a pump-up mister. The only leaves showing signs are the broad leaves lower down the plant.

:thanks:

I would need to know more but the fact that it started right around the flowering period and the way it looks, I am guessing a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium Deficiency will show no visible symptoms for the first 3-4 weeks of growth. The symptoms become visible at 4-6 weeks and degrade from there if not treated. Again I am not sure But it looks like that could be the issue. Hope this helped.:thumb:

Thanks Anomoly. In my nute tea I add 5 ml of Cal-Mag and 10 ml of Sweet Raw per gal. Both are sources of magnesium but I did just re-read the recommended amounts for both and see that the Sweet Raw should have been increased to 15 ml during transition and 15-20 ml during flowering. I think your on it! I am making a new batch of nute tea today and will make the change.

My guess is you nailed it! :adore: :thanks:

Thanks Anomoly. In my nute tea I add 5 ml of Cal-Mag and 10 ml of Sweet Raw per gal. Both are sources of magnesium but I did just re-read the recommended amounts for both and see that the Sweet Raw should have been increased to 15 ml during transition and 15-20 ml during flowering. I think your on it! I am making a new batch of nute tea today and will make the change.

My guess is you nailed it! :adore: :thanks:

Yeah Buddy! Glad I could help or at least point you in a direction, Unfortunately when I started Growing there wasn't an awesome sight like 420 Mag that had a great community of people to ask questions and I ended up learning about a lot of these things the hard way :tokin: Keep us updated if that doesn't help well explore other options for keeping your babies healthy. Hopefully smooth sailing from here:goodluck:

Yeah Buddy! Glad I could help or at least point you in a direction, Unfortunately when I started Growing there wasn't an awesome sight like 420 Mag that had a great community of people to ask questions and I ended up learning about a lot of these things the hard way :tokin: Keep us updated if that doesn't help well explore other options for keeping your babies healthy. Hopefully smooth sailing from here:goodluck:

Yeah 420 Mag friggin ROCKS!:party:

Now that Anomoly has got me thinking instead of going thru the motions I checked all my nute amounts for flowering phase of growth and found a couple I needed to boost up. :morenutes:

I'm changing to high p bat guano and have increased the mag etc. I was checking out the BeastieBloomz label and it says to start using "middle to final weeks of flowering". Does anyone know why that is and if I start now at 1/2 recommended strength will that be OK? If all nutes that are required for the entire life of the plant are being supplied then how would a boost of BeastieBloomz hurt??? Anyone try this?

Update: Yesterday I started the new nute blend and did some more research. After reading this from 420 mag: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial:thumb:

I decided to try dolomitic lime. I mixed as prescribed and foliar fed the girls. Hopefully I see some results soon. Really makes me nervous. I find it very interesting that my issues showed up the same time that the pre-flower pistils started, so I hope it's related to plant needs I had not anticipated at this stage, and hopefully now have gotten a handle on it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and promise to be a good daddy from now on!

:morenutes:

Now that Anomoly has got me thinking instead of going thru the motions I checked all my nute amounts for flowering phase of growth and found a couple I needed to boost up. :morenutes:

I'm changing to high p bat guano and have increased the mag etc. I was checking out the BeastieBloomz label and it says to start using "middle to final weeks of flowering". Does anyone know why that is and if I start now at 1/2 recommended strength will that be OK? If all nutes that are required for the entire life of the plant are being supplied then how would a boost of BeastieBloomz hurt??? Anyone try this?

Sorry never tried it.

Update: Yesterday I started the new nute blend and did some more research. After reading this from 420 mag: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial:thumb:

I decided to try dolomitic lime. I mixed as prescribed and foliar fed the girls. Hopefully I see some results soon. Really makes me nervous. I find it very interesting that my issues showed up the same time that the pre-flower pistils started, so I hope it's related to plant needs I had not anticipated at this stage, and hopefully now have gotten a handle on it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and promise to be a good daddy from now on!

:morenutes:

Dolomitic lime is great. I constantly have lower pH than I want and I keep top dressing with lime. Seems to be working. :goodluck:

whats up MAC just got done catching up. man have to say mad props on the room setup, i think i wanna move in! haha very impressed with what ive seen. i wont start rambling and rpeating what everyone else is advising but dude so far so good man. keep up the good work!!

Dolomitic lime is great. I constantly have lower pH than I want and I keep top dressing with lime. Seems to be working. :goodluck:

I plan on adding top dressing starting tomorrow. How much do you use? According to directions I plan on using 30 ml in my 3 gl pots and how long do you think before I'll see improvement in plant conditions? Just trying to get a handle on what I'll try next if this turns out not to be the problem. Thanks for your input. Looking around this great site I could follow you all day! lalala!:thanks:

whats up MAC just got done catching up. man have to say mad props on the room setup, i think i wanna move in! haha very impressed with what ive seen. i wont start rambling and rpeating what everyone else is advising but dude so far so good man. keep up the good work!!

Glad your on board and thanks for the kind words. It was a shi... load of work. I'm pleased with the room. Now I just need to learn how to grow! lol.:peacetwo:

I plan on adding top dressing starting tomorrow. How much do you use? According to directions I plan on using 30 ml in my 3 gl pots and how long do you think before I'll see improvement in plant conditions? Just trying to get a handle on what I'll try next if this turns out not to be the problem. Thanks for your input. Looking around this great site I could follow you all day! lalala!:thanks:

I'm not sure how long you will have to wait to see improvements in plants but I can tell you that as soon as I top dress, the runoff pH is pretty much in range.

I'm not sure how long you will have to wait to see improvements in plants but I can tell you that as soon as I top dress, the runoff pH is pretty much in range.

Just got done checking out the girls and doing there daily rotation and seems to me they're not getting any worse so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I measured them to see if I'm still getting some growth and they seem to be OK. About 2" in the past week.

I've read other growers testing the runoff ph. Maybe this is a stupid question but if you run ph'd nute tea or H2O through the plant aren't you just reading what you just put in? Or will the runoff change as it goes down through the plant if your soil ph is high or low? I don't usually get any runoff when I water. Maybe I'm not watering enough? I usually water about with 1 1/2 qt per 3 gl pot.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom