New to the game

Gb82

420 Member
Hi all I am new to this so please help !! I have had 2 previous successful crops however both have been from cuttings now I have bought 5 G13 and 1 blueberry og from Barnies also.
I started the seeds off in tissue 4 g13 and the blueberry sprouted so lost 1 not too fussed about that !
However now I have been informed that my 250w bulb is too strong for seedlings and my neuts are too strong as showing signs of neut burn also .
I am using canna coco medium with canna coco a+b neuts .I have been mixing it 2mill to 2 litres of water.
If anybody has grown either of these plants I would be extremely gratefull of your knowledge or even if any of you experienced growers could help shed some of your advice on my situation would be gratefully received .
Ps also when I work out how to upload pics of room/set up/plants ect I will thanks people and happy budding....

Welcome to 420, I normally start seedlings on 1/4 the strength of what’s on the bottle. Full strength will cook the seedlings. What type of light are you using? 250w shouldn’t be to strong if kept at 24”or so above your plants.

For your light - if it is too strong just move it further away from your plant and you should do ok. I use a 600 Watt LED but keep it at 3 feet to start and the slowly lower it as the plant grows. I also put a humidity dome (1 liter bottle with bottom cut off) for the first week or two. I then take it off for a couple hours at a time harden the plant.

I also grow in CoCo. I've not used Cana CoCo but as a general rule I don't use any nutrients for the first 10 days and then start at 1/4 of the label recommendation. After the plants are comfortable with the nutrient mix at this level I slowly up to 1/2 label strength for the remainder of the grow.

Here's a link to the adminstrators guide to uploading pictures. I understand there is currently one glitch - When you create a new Album it automatically sets the permission to creator view only. You need to uncheck that box when your first create an album as it can't be changed after being created.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Hi pennywise and troy .thanks for taking the time to read my dilemma it's a hps 250w light I forgot to add before also I have a 8inch carbon extracter fan and 6inch input air fan as my room is not a tent it's a insulated room in my attic .do either of these fans need to be on at this stage ? I will try to upload photos shortly

full

Thanks i have just placed a small fan in the room blowing towards the light and over the top of the plants so they are doing a slight dance and lowerd the light 6iches .
I am going to let soil dry out a bit more then I was just going to give natural spring water as and when for now .atlest until I have a few more leaves . Do i need to worry about the ph of water at this stage??

If you at wondering what the black tub is for? well it's full of water with a towel acting as a wick to add moisture to the air in my room or so I am told .

In CoCo I try to keep my PH between 5.5 to 6.1. You will also want to supplement with Cal-Mag. CoCo seems to get locked out very easy in CoCo.

As for Carbon Filter - you won't need it until the girls start smelling. Usually around week 4-6 but in some strains it is earlier. I run my exhaust fan using a variable speed to control it 24/24 from the beginning of the grow. I mostly use it to control humidity and temperature.

Great news thanks for all the advice from both of you this sort of information/advice is priceless I will keep updating and hopefully we will start seeing some results and not that I haven't killed the poor ladies ..happy budding peeps

If your ph gets into the low 6.xxx range that’s ok for awhile. Some nutrients are taken up at higher ph levels. I try to keep my ph around 5.8-6.2 in hydro. I let it drift lower or higher at times.

Thanks for that I'm useing natural spring water for now witch is sayin ph at source is 7.4 so would you recommend lowering it?

full
Hi again I have added a couple of close ups of the lill ladies today feel free to view opinions or say what you see. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom