New To The Grow Game! 2'X6' Closet! 1st Grow!

NastyAce05

:tokin: Hey ya'll first time here, first project and first question or 2. :tokin:

:yummy: So I got a closet thats 2'X6'x8' and wanted to know what type and how many plants I could grow in that limited space with a 600w HPS Lamp and what reflector I should use in a room that small??? :blunt:

I need all the help i can get thanx!!! :peacetwo:

Hey ya'll first time here, first project and first question or 2.

So I got a closet thats 2'X6'x8' and wanted to know what type and how many plants I could grow in that limited space with a 600w HPS Lamp and what reflector I should use in a room that small???

I need all the help i can get thanx!!!

i was thinking of maybe getting some crystal seeds for my setup since Ive always wanted to get me a cross between my two favorite strains white widow and northern lights is that a good strain for that since they average 3'5"-4' and supposedly its easy for beginners of what i wanna do is hydroponics i got a 20 gallon tote and i got four five gallon buckets from wall mart paint black on the outside and 10" net lids for all four how can i set that up for ebb&flow(flood and drain)

IMG00007-20100830-1845.jpg
IMG00005-20100830-1507_1_.jpg
IMG00007-20100830-1845.jpg

Hey my man relax its all good you are doing terrific the plant has beautiful green leaves and looks good. I hope you are in an MMJ Friendly State! This will all work out NastyAce05 all good things come to those who wait, things take time to learn and become proficient at.
Please:surf: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine and let us know what you think. I will provide some links to terrific members who will be happy you dropped in and said hello.:goodluck:
The links are here:
LED in the VipersNest
Chromes Gone Hempy: "Kushberry" + Bagseed/Bagseed Clone: CFLs!
DocBud's Medical Grow
Gators' Cage
Matanuska Valley's Grow Journal

Keep us posted and stay strong!

Re: Question About Growing Area

I have a 3x6x8 closet i grow 9 plants with a 1000 watt hd/hps with lumatek ballest works great for me.Make sure you have fans for air circulation and exhaust to push hot air from room.Good luck and Happy Growing! :roorrip:

well its been a few this the second week of my grow just a lil thing still but the real news i guess is that i got my room setup and ready for when the clones get ready. im really hopping its a girl but hey its OK i got like 12 more seeds germinating as we speek. so here our some of my pics and if u see anything about my room or something let me know
IMG00030-20100906-1611.jpg
IMG00026-20100906-1609.jpg
IMG00021-20100906-1607.jpg
IMG00025-20100906-1608.jpg
IMG00023-20100906-1607.jpg
IMG00032-20100906-1640.jpg
IMG00033-20100906-1640.jpg
IMG00034-20100906-1642.jpg
IMG00035-20100906-1643.jpg

i was gonna use my hps but no room and no real good fan or budget so ill keep that for my house once we get it

So I got a closet thats 2'X6'x8' and wanted to know what type and how many plants I could grow in that limited space with a 600w HPS Lamp and what reflector I should use in a room that small???

A person could grow as many as 108 - at nine per square foot (NOT recommended for the novice grower) or as few as one.

That's like asking how much a given plant will yield, it all depends on the grower, the strain(s), the grower's method, et cetera.

Perhaps you would benefit from perusing this thread (and others in that forum):
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Perusing both the Journals in Progress and the Completed Journals forums might enable you to find grows in like-sized spaces.

As for what reflector, definitely an air-cooled one. Something with a narrow footprint in one direction so that it isn't illuminating the front and back wall as much as the plants. And one that is hanging directly below a linear light-mover as one HPS would not work well in such a space otherwise (IMHO). If not growing tall strains and the light mover does not appeal, maybe a pair of 250-watt ones instead? Or, to save money both up-front and on the electricity bill, even a good 400-watt setup (on a light-mover).

Re: Question About Growing Area

hey i dont know if this will help at all and since this is a CFL lighting question forum i got a question. do anyone of ya'll think this light will be good for flowering i made it myself but got the idea here at this link (DIY veg CFL reflector ) Rafedial1, but i made it a lil bigger its
17" wide, 27" long and 6" high with 10 - 42w soft white CFL's 2700k at 2800 lumens each what do ya'll think????
IMG00033-20100906-1640.jpg
IMG00025-20100906-1608.jpg
IMG00023-20100906-1607.jpg
IMG00021-20100906-1607.jpg

:smokin:Ok, another question and if there's a link for it can ya'll give it to me... here it goes. I'm going to be using General Hydroponics Flora Micro, Flora Grow, and Flora Bloom. The question is should i use it like it says on the bottle.... or should i use (less / more)? I don't know try looking for it and nothing so far as to how to use it for hydroponic marijuana? I know every plant will be deferent but a general rule of thumb for the canibus/gh relationship would be very very very much appreciated! lol fo real!;)

On CFL-watts alone, that would seem to be an adequate amount of light for a space that was the same size (in area) as the reflector.

But it appears that you've got "a big dark spot" in the middle of it due to the way that you've got it set up. Have you thought about redesigning it so that instead of having all the lights ran from the center outwards, they were instead in two alternating inward-facing rows, providing even coverage across the whole of the space defined by the reflector?

One way to make such a reflector much more efficient would be instead of having one overall curve that doesn't really follow the broadcast patterns of the bulbs, having individual curves over each bulb - perhaps with restrike bends (think "the top of the Mcdonalds M) so that the light coming from the top side of the bulb would be reflected downwards to either side instead of back directly into the bulb - and oriented in the other direction. And with the reflector as close to the bulbs as feasible. In fact, individual reflectors of that type for each bulb might be best. They could be quickly made from soda cans in such a way that they tension-fit to the ballast part of the bulb. More efficient and a higher amount of light would likely hit the plants.

If that is all of the CFLs that are going to be used when flowering is initiated, it would be best to redo the grow room so that it's dimensions are more or less the same size as your current reflector.

Start with a weaker mix than what is listed on the GH bottles. One can always feed more (or - depending on the grow method - more often) but when one burns a plant, the parts of the leaves that were burned... stay burned. Ramp the concentrations up slowly and if you see signs of overfertilization at any point, drop the strength to the last "good" amounts.

I used cfl my 1 st grow i used 100w 6500k daylight bulb for veg and 100w 1750 lumens softwhite (yellowish color for budding) Nice design on the lights! :tokin:

IMG00040-20100911-0020.jpg
IMG00041-20100911-0020.jpg
so im like looking at my baby here and wounder if it normal for my baby to be droopy the way it is or if it needs something done idk but here is the picture

any info would help

ps. i spray it once a day with 6.0ph water twice a day and so far give it just water 6.0 ph every three days with 1 1/2 quarts of water in the room bout 76-78 and its in the 18-6 on off cycle it starts at 7am ends at 1am i recently changed it cuz it was starting at 3am and ending at 9pm i let it go with the lights on til 1am then turned of the lights when i changed her time of day cycle. that was three days ago.

So I have some seedlings growing in some rockwool mini cubes right now so far 2 have broke the surface and was woundering what's type of feeding scedule I should have and how strong my gh flora series nute solution should be? Please any input or link would be great

should i paint it white on the inside

Your grow area? Yes. Might as well patch any holes and skim-coat and rough areas first.

so im like looking at my baby here and wounder if it normal for my baby to be droopy the way it is or if it needs something done idk but here is the picture

any info would help

ps. i spray it once a day with 6.0ph water twice a day

You might ease off on the spraying (or halt the practice altogether).

Back
Top Bottom