New undercurrent RWDC setup almost all complete: drains for each grow site question

sativuhhh

So I have my new setup almost all complete with a 4 site undercurrent with 3" piping in a 5x5 tent with a remote control epicenter. I built it up on a raised rolling platform with an inner channel and there is ample room under the setup. The epicenter is a Current Culture 13gal and has the recessed drainout which is nice. The epicenter side has had some more progress since the pics but for drains it's all the same. When I drain out I can get all but probably 5ish gallons from the system as it is from the draining. It's not terribly difficult to get in to manually suck the gallon on the bottom out when it's empty but when it get's bushy I don't really want to deal with that.

So first a few pics
20200815_134500.jpg

20200904_215106.jpg
20200815_134538.jpg

Since it's on the raised rolling platform, I could just drill 3" holes thru the platform and then put in some 1/2" threaded bulkheads into the base, which would then have a valve and a return line back out the tent. I could also just do the bulkheads and valves in the side of each of the buckets but I wonder with the width of the bulkhead making the low point for it to drain still a bit raised. I do have some of the button push in uniseals and CC drop tee's as well but I don't really want to use them if I can avoid them except for that one on the drain built in.

It seems like the bulkhead on the base should be best from a draining perspective still as long as I can put some filters on it so roots can't get sucked down. Anyone have a reason to do the side vs the bottom?

Other option is I have a small wet vac I was thinking of making a little 4 port suction manifold with some drop hoses that could run into each bucket and it could just suck all the water out as an option too. I haven't tested it quite yet to see that it can pull enough siphon but I think it should. It's an option too if adding drains is something not worth the failure point.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20200904_215125.jpg
    20200904_215125.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 114
So I have my new setup almost all complete with a 4 site undercurrent with 3" piping in a 5x5 tent with a remote control epicenter. I built it up on a raised rolling platform with an inner channel and there is ample room under the setup. The epicenter is a Current Culture 13gal and has the recessed drainout which is nice. The epicenter side has had some more progress since the pics but for drains it's all the same. When I drain out I can get all but probably 5ish gallons from the system as it is from the draining. It's not terribly difficult to get in to manually suck the gallon on the bottom out when it's empty but when it get's bushy I don't really want to deal with that.

So first a few pics
20200815_134500.jpg

20200904_215106.jpg
20200815_134538.jpg

Since it's on the raised rolling platform, I could just drill 3" holes thru the platform and then put in some 1/2" threaded bulkheads into the base, which would then have a valve and a return line back out the tent. I could also just do the bulkheads and valves in the side of each of the buckets but I wonder with the width of the bulkhead making the low point for it to drain still a bit raised. I do have some of the button push in uniseals and CC drop tee's as well but I don't really want to use them if I can avoid them except for that one on the drain built in.

It seems like the bulkhead on the base should be best from a draining perspective still as long as I can put some filters on it so roots can't get sucked down. Anyone have a reason to do the side vs the bottom?

Other option is I have a small wet vac I was thinking of making a little 4 port suction manifold with some drop hoses that could run into each bucket and it could just suck all the water out as an option too. I haven't tested it quite yet to see that it can pull enough siphon but I think it should. It's an option too if adding drains is something not worth the failure point.

Any thoughts?
My setup is ebb and flow, but let me tell you what I do. I have a small 2 by 2 for cloning, and the DWC unit holds 7 gallons. I use a siphon. It’s the type people use to drain aquariums. For the 10 gallon Res in the mom tent and The 70 gallon res in the flowering tent I use a sump pump Connected to a garden hose that goes outside to my rose bushes.

Back
Top Bottom