Undercurrent hydro setup

I'd like to see your thread on your air delivery. My 12 inch defusers arent made from stone material. It's made of bonded rubber particles like your hose. And flows 35gpm My system is about 50 gallons. I need to get backflow valves. I gotta rebuild my pump anyway.
ask and you and you shall receive my friend custom micro diffusers here is an early pic of my roots ..note that I went to a round diffuser (took out the center section as it was to much)
IMG_5638.JPG
IMG_5639.JPG

I'm not worried worried about the air coming out of my pump. Last two weeks are a different story. I'm using very light nutes and pushing a bud hardener to finish
going to a better style/more efficient dissolved oxygen air delivery system will also improve/prolong your pump life along with the potential to make it run cooler and with less noise .

ask and you and you shall receive my friend custom micro diffusers here is an early pic of my roots ..note that I went to a round diffuser (took out the center section as it was to much)
IMG_5638.JPG
IMG_5639.JPG
Thank you I'll check that out.

How old are you plants? Roots look great. I once spoke to a group of people that said hands down the best way to aireate water is through a waterfall. No talking to them. Theres a million ways to do it

going to a better style/more efficient dissolved oxygen air delivery system will also improve/prolong your pump life along with the potential to make it run cooler and with less noise .
Two 36 LPM defusers with 3/8" lines connected to a 80LPM pump. I'm thinking it will be fine

Thank you I'll check that out.

How old are you plants? Roots look great. I once spoke to a group of people that said hands down the best way to aireate water is through a waterfall. No talking to them. Theres a million ways to do it
you are very welcome , please do take a look .

if memory serves me right that was week 4 of veg so 6 weeks from seed .
yes there are a million ways to aerate water and in the grow world it depends on the hydro system that you are using ...the bottom line the smaller the bubble the easier its absorbed into the solution ...in a waterfall time system you have the water flowing through the air gathering oxygen and breaking the surface tension when entering back also forcing in air ..so in that style environment you are not dealing dealing with bubble but the oxygen in the air itself ...I have never tested its efficiency .

Two 36 LPM defusers with 3/8" lines connected to a 80LPM pump. I'm thinking it will be fine
the flow rate is right ..but just remember the efficiency is in the size of the bubble . With an 80 l iter per minute pump operating at 100% efficiency in your system you will be at 1.6 liters per minute .

the flow rate is right ..but just remember the efficiency is in the size of the bubble . With an 80 l iter per minute pump operating at 100% efficiency in your system you will be at 1.6 liters per minute .
I dont buy that.

80 liter per min pump ...50 galons of solution ...80/50 = 1.6 liters per minute per gallon
80 liter per min pump ...50 galons of solution ...80/50 = 1.6 liters per minute per gallon
You didnt say per gallon. But why would I care if the entire system gets the same air. Try it again with 15 gallons (1 tub). This is where the air and plants are.

H
You didnt say per gallon. But why would I care if the entire system gets the same air. Try it again with 15 gallons (1 tub). This is where the air and plants are.
Heres my diffuser
It's the same thing you made. But thos one is made for delivering air to water

if you are growing in a recirculating system that's the way it needs to be calculated..and when I was talking about 2 liters per minute per gallon it was in reference to a recirculating system which was what was being built . I would also recommend the same airflow for a stand alone 5 gallon bucket .

if you are growing in a recirculating system that's the way it needs to be calculated..and when I was talking about 2 liters per minute per gallon it was in reference to a recirculating system which was what was being built . I would also recommend the same airflow for a stand alone 5 gallon bucket .
That's ridiculous. I will never care about the flow of air in most of my system, because it doesnt matter. I KNOW its aireated it just came out of one of the tubs. And it's going in a reservoir that's also aireated.

This measurement is silly That measurement tells you nothing. I'm gonna worry (or not) about the grow tubs bud. I know that where it matters I'm getting a lot more air than you state.

H

Heres my diffuser
It's the same thing you made. But thos one is made for delivering air to water
nice they are the same material ..trust me

with those you should definitely get micro bubbles and that's what you want . so at 100% efficiency you are at 1.6 lpmpg

That's ridiculous. I will never care about the flow of air in most of my system, because it doesnt matter. I KNOW its aireated it just came out of one of the tubs. And it's going in a reservoir that's also aireated.
lol ..Its al about total dissolved oxygen in the system ..and if you really don't care then ..I will stop now .

This measurement is silly That measurement tells you nothing. I'm gonna worry (or not) about the grow tubs bud. I know that where it matters I'm getting a lot more air than you state.
you cannot get more air per gallon per minute than your pump will provide . If you are content ..then you are . Im not here to argue nor do I need to prove a point . I know the formula I use and how it works and what its produced by that . If you don't want to understand it or look at it through that lens .. its your choice and im fine with that . :passitleft:

nice they are the same material ..trust me

with those you should definitely get micro bubbles and that's what you want . so at 100% efficiency you are at 1.6 lpmpg

lol ..Its al about total dissolved oxygen in the system ..and if you really don't care then ..I will stop now .

you cannot get more air per gallon per minute than your pump will provide . If you are content ..then you are . Im not here to argue nor do I need to prove a point . I know the formula I use and how it works and what its produced by that . If you don't want to understand it or look at it through that lens .. its your choice and im fine with that . :passitleft:
It's a cloudy lens. It is a generic way to explain what a pump can do. But it doesn't say anything about where the highs and low pressures are. It just rounds everything off. Again. I could care less about what the air is in a return line, or even in the res. Nothing is happening there.

You've been gracious with the information, and I thank you, but I'm not going to bother with this particular number because to me it's a complete waste of time and basically tells you nothing. My system completely recirculates every 3 minutes or so. I assure you theres enough air and more where I need it. Thanks

It's a cloudy lens. It is a generic way to explain what a pump can do. But it doesn't say anything about where the highs and low pressures are. It just rounds everything off. Again. I could care less about what the air is in a return line, or even in the res. Nothing is happening there.

You've been gracious with the information, and I thank you, but I'm not going to bother with this particular number because to me it's a complete waste of time and basically tells you nothing. My system completely recirculates every 3 minutes or so. I assure you theres enough air and more where I need it. Thanks
you're welcome … you actually touched base on why and how it works for me … you must be using a 1200gph pump or so for that type of circulation . so 1/3 of the water that is being oxygenated is flowing out of your bucket every minute (roughly)...any way enough of that ..the formula it works well for me .
@No Pain how do you like the Current Culture system? Always wanted one
I love it but just know the only thing that I haven't modified is the bare bones system meaning the tubs and piping ..the aeration system , recirculating pump and my tub/pipe insulators are completely custom ..I also use a much larger chiller than recommended .

EDITED..... forgot to mention that when I said aeration system im also talking about the pump

you're welcome … you actually touched base on why and how it works for me … you must be using a 1200gph pump or so for that type of circulation . so 1/3 of the water that is being oxygenated is flowing out of your bucket every minute (roughly)...any way enough of that ..the formula it works well for me .

I love it but just know the only thing that I haven't modified is the bare bones system meaning the tubs and piping ..the aeration system , recirculating pump and my tub/pipe insulators are completely custom ..I also use a much larger chiller than recommended .
I dont use a chiller at all. I ordered one and it arrived damaged. I had an air conditioner but no way to keep the water cool. I cut 2 6" holes in my res. Lid and placed a inline fan in one of the holes. With this fan I can drop my water temps by almost 20 degrees

It will, however up your humidity, but it works

I dont use a chiller at all. I ordered one and it arrived damaged. I had an air conditioner but no way to keep the water cool. I cut 2 6" holes in my res. Lid and placed a inline fan in one of the holes. With this fan I can drop my water temps by almost 20 degrees

It will, however up your humidity, but it works
I could see that keeping the water temp slightly below room temp ….you could also use a car radiator and have a fan blowing through it with water circulating through the radiator. I strongly suggest a chiller as water temp also affects the amount of dissolved oxygen in the system ..the sweet spot I have found for both DO levels and Plant growth is about 68 degrees. Not to mention it helps keep away the nasties .

Back
Top Bottom