New Year - New Hydro Grow - 2016

Hey sciguy, beautiful grow, sir. I was wondering if i could ask you a question? I am reading through your other grow and not trying to just breeze through, so if the answer is in there, my apologies. I have 2 widows in rdwc under leds and theyre showing some deficiencies. Ive nailed them down to mag or potassium. My pH is right around 5.9-6 and i have heard and read in a few journals, including yours that ww is a cal/mag hog. I change out my rez every 14 days and was wondering how often you add cal/mag to the rez? I put them on a pretty good dose when i change out but am unsure when to top off. What was your average? Did you add in at certain intervals or when the plant started to show a deficiency? Thanks for your help, in advance.

Hi, thanks for following. Yeah White Widow is a CALMAG hog. I didn't do rdwc, I did straight bubble buckets without a main reservoir. I had all my nutes and water stay in each individual bucket and oxygenated by an air injection system. For my 2 gallons of water that was used per bucket, I added 10ml of calmag. You will also be having to use the largest recommended dosage for sweet during flower too I noticed. Hope that helps.

I also changed each bucket water every 7 to 9 days and changed it out with fresh water and nutrients.

My fault, i mis-typed. It is not rdwc, its dwc with a top-feed drip for the first few weeks. 4 gallons in the rez, 12ml of cal/mag at rez change. 14 days between nute changes. Guess i could add a dose of Ca/Mg in the middle at 7 days. How much stretch do you get in flower?

ok so a few things happened tonight.

The Viper Cookies has spread open the seed and is popping through the rockwool. Another day or two and I should have a little seedling.

The Ultimate Purple was topped, and started its mainline training tonight. I topped it and then removed all the growth beneath the 3rd node. Now it looks a little bare with just 2 fan leaves and these little growth tips that will be the new tops. Once they start growing out I will start tying them down to grow them out to finish their training.

The top I took was really small, I still did my best to clone it. After cutting it off I placed the stem inside some water, trimmed off the tips of the fan leaves and scraped the stem. I dipped a rockwool cube into my nutrient solution for starting seeds and clones, it has rapid start that helps with roots, made sure the ph was at 6.0. Then I placed the top into the cube and closed it as best I could around the stem. The fan leaves are just above the rockwool cube at this point and I am hoping it will root and grow. Then I placed a DIY dome over the top of the clone after sprayin it down with water to help increase humidity under the dome. The clone was placed in the cloner next to the Viper Cookies.

Here are the pics

20160228_185831.jpg

20160228_185852.jpg

20160228_185909.jpg

20160228_185918.jpg

20160228_185925.jpg

20160228_185932.jpg

20160228_185937.jpg

All of the plants will be mainlined in the beginning. Now if any of the Thunderpaws turn out to be male, they will be culled from the bunch. I will then have already taken some clones off of the Ultimate Purple and Viper Cookies, to fill up any grow buckets that turn out to be male. I have to top each plant multiple times in the mainlining process and I intend on turning each top into a clone. So by the time I start seeing preflowers I will be able to tell which is which, and immediately move a clone into the bucket. Any clones that get grown out to fill space will just grow naturally with no training. The goal is to only have them in veg for a couple weeks before flipping the entire tent to flower.

This grow I am just going to use one tent, and really have it maxxed out and see what the yield is going to be. A dispensary owner is taking quite a few of my clones as well and will be growing them out as mother plants in his grow house. So when I start a new grow after this one is finished and start my perpetual grow I will already have a source for the same genetics that I am growing now.

Now that the plan is laid out heres some pics

First off here is the Ultimate Purple

20160308_195547.jpg

20160308_195559.jpg

Here is the Viper Cookies

20160308_195619.jpg

And here are the Thunderpaws

20160308_195653.jpg

20160308_195645.jpg

20160308_195610.jpg

20160308_195633.jpg

The Ultimate purple has grown back with a vengeance. I did top her a little early and it took some time for it to grow back but now its looking a lot better. Tonight I used plant ties and tried my best to tie the 2 new mains down as much as I could. I will let it grow another day or 2 and then top it again on each side. Once the Thunderpaws catch up I will be doing the same to them as well and then so on for the Viper Cookies when it gets big enough. My hope is that by mainlining everything and growing each plant around a tomato ring that I can get the bigger yields without having so much wasted space ultimately allowing me bigger yields off more plants than what I would normally have in the same space.

That's about it for now, I turned on the 3rd panel in the tent tonight so from here on out the plants will receive light from the 2 600 watt panels and now also the 300 watt panel as well. During flower I will add the last 300 watt panel

Hi Sciguy. Plants look happy with what you doing :) I could take some knowledge from you, so I will subscribe to your journal. As we are similary growin. Btw, did you solve your rez temps question?

Thanks I have since tied down the ultimate purple with some mason line but it's a loose hold with just enough tension to keep the stems in place without cutting into them. I also topped it again as well as I topped the Thunderpaws again. So now the Ultimate purple and the Thunderpaws all have 4 mains. The viper cookies has 3 nodes and growing out its 4th. That's about it for now ill update with pics later

OK so tonight I broke a main branch trying to tie it down this happened to one of the thunderpaws. Another thunderpaws has shown presex and it's a female. Now half of the plants in my tent are confirmed females. I have also finished all training on all the plants except the viper cookies. I have still had some of those leaf issues so I changed all the bucket waters yesterday so far no signs of burning have occured.

Congrats on the girls Sci! And about the burning it could be a calcium deficiency but I'm not sure... If you changed the rez and the problem stopped I think it's ok :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom