Newbie cloner

I’m using a seed from a photo period strain, Bubba Cookies Feminized. I know clones can’t grow from an auto. Been having trouble sprouting seeds. This is my first photo period plant since last spring. Going to take the top off the plant tomorrow as a clone.

Think it’s just showing gender, calyx with 2 hairs = female…

an auto will flower on any light schedule… yes you can clone an auto but an auto is already born with an impending toe tag of death- so to speak since it can’t reveg.

if the mother was a photoperiod started from seed then the clone cutting should be photoperiod as well…

here’s a cloning tutorial from our friend Bill284 > > > Cloning with Bill

hope this helps….

I’m using a seed from a photo period strain, Bubba Cookies Feminized.

then it's just eager. how long are you gonna veg ?

Been having trouble sprouting seeds.

what's been going on ? there's a thousand ways to do it. i normally do a paper towel method, but i don't recommend it lol. i have success with it but i've done it for a long time that way. most times i recommend using a rapid rooter or other plug if folk have issues. the rapid rooters work great.

This is my first photo period plant since last spring. Going to take the top off the plant tomorrow as a clone.

are you training ? you might want to look in to quadlining. it's great for photos. i cage train if you're in to the lazy way. it's a take on ubt that's even easier than quadding or ubt on it's own

Think it’s just showing gender, calyx with 2 hairs = female…

an auto will flower on any light schedule… yes you can clone an auto but an auto is already born with an impending toe tag of death- so to speak since it can’t reveg.

if the mother was a photoperiod started from seed then the clone cutting should be photoperiod as well…

here’s a cloning tutorial from our friend Bill284 > > > Cloning with Bill

hope this helps….
I'd like to respectfully disagree with a statement you made in reference to Autoflowers and it's life expectancy. I've had an Autoflower that flowered in 20 days that lived for 9 month's. It wasn't in the best condition and was just a windowsill plant that was getting some attention and water from time to time. As for reveg on a true Autoflower, I don't think it can be but it wouldn't surprise me to say the least. As you can see with how time technology has evolved im assuming with the same time but with determination and a goal in mind, if all the stars align accordingly anything in this world is possible.

I haven’t had any success doing this in the past. Only question I have this time is why are my leaves yellowing? They have rebounded after falling down in the first day. They were a rich green color to start. Thanks!

DB8767AC-2DD3-44E9-A4C7-59DBD4927F55.jpeg

632DC389-0A66-41A5-BC7E-1E57E71EF9A3.jpeg
You'd have more success cloning, taking a cut an inch or two below a node as for this your just rooting a leaf.

Hold the presses. I took the seed from the mother plant, out of a container of photo period seeds. I have white pistils in several spots. Yes it is female. I have it on 18/6. Is this an auto flower?
From all appearances it is one set of stigma or pistil per node. Classic pre-flowers. I see three of them

In theory if the plant is kept healthy it will grow one set of pre-flowers per node for as long as the grower lets the plant grow.

Going back up to the photo in msg #17 we can see a good example of a plant that just recently started becoming sexually mature. Find the first pre-flower and go back down the stem. The previous set of nodes before that pre-flower are opposite each other. Jump up the the first pre-flower and there is no node opposite since the plant has started to alternate nodes.

Probably one of the best photos on this site that shows this stage of a female plant.

To what end?

:cool:
'Cause we can.

I have read of people who have cut one leaf off and stuck the petiole in a glass of water as a way of sexing a plant without having to cut a stem off. If it starts to form a small flower bud as in the photo in msg #12 they know they have a female.

Did it myself a time or two just to 'freak-out' guests.:D

Can't say as I have seen a photo from anyone who ended up with a male.

Back
Top Bottom