Nicotine vs Cannabis

Ive been nicotine free for a couple weeks now....I feel so much better. You wont regret it...And you might not be able to stop unless you have weed. After all you got to smoke something =]

your not really out of the woods yet but you can see the sun. i'm impressed and inspired by you and all the crew that have given up cig's recently.

many of the staff just started doing this on their own, it wasn't organized. i had been thinking about doing it for about a month and then started seeing posts in the top secret mod area, ssssh don't tell anyone, that some were stopping and thats what tipped the scale for me. thanks guys & gals for your examples.

This ones for you 4 You!
:passitleft:

I'd like to quit also. They're so expensive, no one likes people who reek of cigs, throats hurts, I get the black lung etc etc etc. But God do I love smoking a cig after a bowl.

You know what I'll join you in quiting. I've been wanting to for a while but never actually tried seriously. I have quit before for like 3 weeks but went right back to where I was. Hopefully with help from all of you I'll be able to and stay away from them.

My grandpa had two heart attacks and died from the second one. My stepdad smokes 3 packs a day and is 71. I have seen first hand the debilatating of health due to nicotine addcition, yet it remains legal. In the seventies my parents would smoke in the car with the kids, with the windows rolled up, we had to beg them to roll the windows down! I hate tobacco so much, i am on the anti-tobacco crusade form hell. it's crazy our society puts ppl in jail for cannabis and caters to cigarette smokers , special rooms in airports to smoke, special areas in restaraunts to smoke, everything is built around people addictions to tobacco and alcohol. Our very fabric of society is based around these two substances. A liquor store on every corner and cigs to go along with it! One day, we'll have a cannabis based economy and people will wake up and say "oh that wasn't so bad after all"!

I'll give it a shot on Tuesday. Is this going to be a moral support thread? Good luck to everyone!!

Lots of Moral Support here! I know it never hurts to have positive reinforcements especially when your feeling like having a smoke. I have a little pipe about the same size and shape of a cig and when the bowl is loaded it helps to just hang on it like a cig. It alleviates some stress and I dont even have to have it lit.
Good luck and glad you guys decided to quit with us.
:yummy::joint::smokin:

This is what I did...

I weened myself down to 5 cigs a day...Then two 3...Then to 1...Then to none!

Roll up plenty of joints or blunts and fill your empty pack of death.

Once youve weened yourself down to the 0 point things get hard...Only when you get the strongest craving is when you pull out a doobie and spark it up. The weed takes your mind off needing a cig and calms you down.

Ganjarden: You know what I'll join you in quiting.
:clap:
bergdawg: I'll give it a shot on Tuesday. Is this going to be a moral support thread?
:clap: Yep, thats why i went public. Strength in numbers. hey thats a play on words

i don't think tues. gonna be my start. i plan on wed. not smoking election night is just not a reality for me. i'm emotionally connected to this election.

its great having others join me. i was really hoping that would happen.

once again thanks everyone for your support.

:peace:

Thats a good idea Alaska Lady I have a little one hitter thats perfect. Didn't even think of that.

Day 1

OK, I got up 2 hrs ago and I haven't had a cig yet. I want one. Especially having just finished breakfast. Its not a strong urge. in the back of my head there is a little voice saying 'you want a cig'. so far the voice is not loud. I'm gonna roll a joint. I'll update ya later.

congrats brother, great to hear day one has begun!
only 9 more days to go before you are fully detoxed!
don't give in, you are a Cannabis Warrior who looks down upon those disgusting and addictive, chemically manufactured cigarettes...;)
you're gonna be so high for the next week, enjoy it brother...;)

i made it through my first day. it wasn't much fun but it wasn't terribly hard either. it seemed like my body just sorta shut down. i never really woke up and i slept most of the day. then i spent the evening listening to the voice ' go ahead have a cig, why are you doing this'. sleeping was rough last night. i don't know if it was from withdrawls or just because i slept most of the day away. anyway, here we go again.

Maybe I should quit too... I've been saying for a while now though that if the world does not end in 2012 I'll quit :O
Either way I'm still only 20, and have definitely cut back from a pack+ a day to around 10ish rollies (cigs) a day.
My life has become absurdly stressful lately so I don't think quitting is really a good move for me right now, unless I plan on regulating my cig smoking with homicide.... which I don't.

But anyone who can quit I have huge respect for, shit is tough. I can't remember the last time I went a day without a smoke. Good luck guys. Hopefully I'll be able to join you someday.

This video will help you quit, its how they MAKE cigs. DISGUSTING

Good luck User, I too have smoked since high school. I quit on the 17th of October. So I feel your pain. You have my support all the way brother.:clap:

oct. 17th ain't that long ago. how are you doing? good luck back at ya :smokin:

yesterday i didn't drink any coffee. i'd been cutting back on coffee in anticipating this. if there was any time i did enjoy a cig it was with coffee. so this morning i made a pot and i'm on cup 3 and its been no big deal. the voice says 'have a cig' and i say no thank you.

Good job User on your first day!! Today is my first day of being smoke free well the perfectly legal addictive smoke free. Not to bad as I just got up but I'll see how it goes as the day goes on.

Congrats PFlynn on your quiting what a great day to quit on.:smokin:
My B-day.

Back
Top Bottom