Nicotine vs Cannabis

I'm hanging in there, but I won't lie I still have bad cravings. I don't know if I could of done it without the support of my girl who quit the same time, and having herb to smoke helps too. I was the same way with coffee and haven't made a pot since the 17th, but I'll have a cup if we go out.

Good job User on your first day!! Today is my first day of being smoke free well the perfectly legal addictive smoke free. Not to bad as I just got up but I'll see how it goes as the day goes on.

Congrats PFlynn on your quiting what a great day to quit on.:smokin:
My B-day.

Good luck to you as well Ganjarden, like Rob said everytime you get the urge just smoke some herb instead.

so far my physical cravings have not been much. its just in my head. but i'm not so foolish as to believe its gonna continue as it has. i expected to smoke lots more weed than usual but so far i'm smoking the same. this thread is helping me. if i wouldn't have made this commitment in front of everyone i might not be doing this or have broken by now. the voice has said 'you can have a cig and just don't tell anyone'. friggin voice. no thanks.

keep up the great work user, pflynn, msredeye, alaska lady, ganjarden, stonergrower and anyone else kicking this terrible addictive drug...
you have my 420% positive energy and support!

I quit coffee a couple months back. I was drinking a large quad shot mocha every day. Sometims 2. (We have our own latte machine) Now I drink one cup of tea a day. Yes I still have the caffein but not as strong. Plus I don't steep the bag as long as most. I quit cigarettes about 10-12 years ago. I was in the hospital, fighting to keep my leg and three or four doctors cornered me and showed me what happens to my arteries with every puff off the smigarette. (They constrict majorly) I realized then it was either cigarettes or my leg. My leg won.:cheesygrinsmiley: I was bartending at that time too and going through about 3 packs a shift. I used the 3 stage patches. The VA gave them to me and they worked wonders. They allow you to ween off really well. If you can afford them I suggest them. Cold turkey is really hard and the withdrawls cause a lot of people to relapse. With the patches it's easier on your system so less chance of relapse IMO. I used sugar free hard candies to break the habit of holding and drawing off the smigarettes too.
Good luck to all who are trying to free themswleves from one of the most addictive substances out there.

The cravings can be incredibly strong the first few days--and I think the first week in particular is the hardest.

When they hit me bad, I would just try to do or think about something different to take my mind off things. One thing that really helped was to calculate how much money I was saving by not smoking. Just doing the math in my head--and my fingers ;) helped keep me busy until the craving stopped. In just a few weeks, I've already saved $110 by not smoking.

I will admit, the first few days that I quit smoking cigarettes, I quit smoking weed too. I was so used to having a few cigarettes after getting high, that I really didn't think I could do one without the other. But after four days, I finally caved ;). The first few times, it was hard to not smoke after smoking, but I had some great support to help me get through that. Sure, I'd still like a cigarette, but each day it gets easier to decline them.

Dudes,

This is awesome!!. I had that fight in my had too, but I kept telling myself,(the voice that kept sayin only one, why not, or you deserve it etc etc...) I am the top person here and I say no not now, not today. I used straws, toothpicks other oral things like floss sticks. They help alot!!! And also brush your teeth too.. just a nice clean mouth makes you not wanna mess it up with tar..
Hey I saw the modern marvels show too. Ching___!! Man I feel like an idiot that was tricked by the tobacco industry. They took my $$ and stabbed me in the back!!! F----ers... See that show, Dont line therir pockets anymore.. save the $$ for other good.. well you know..
You can do it go..go.. go.. DO it for YOU not anyone else, you deserve to breathe good. We all do
GOod luck I will give any support I can
fineas

This video will help you quit, its how they MAKE cigs. FUCKING DISGUSTING

wow, i knew they were bad. i didn't know they were that bad :thedoubletake: thanks for posting the vid

thanks for the support gang :smokin:

the voice is now a choir

how are you others doing? anyone else started yet?

when i wanted to smoke, i thought about how i lost my grandfather to cigarettes and how i may still even lose my mother to them...

what strain are you smoking? is it sativa, indica or hybrid?
i found that indica was the best to couch lock me and if too much was smoked, the mind went into brain lock, which stopped the thinking process about the cigs altogether... sativa will enhance the thinking process, so there is a fine line between smoking enough and smoking too much, which could possibly manifest anxiety, so be careful on how you ration yourself if you are smoking sativa...

as for smoking after smoking, the answer is clear, SMOKE MORE WEED...;)

This video will help you quit, its how they MAKE cigs. FUCKING DISGUSTING

Wow! That video is so vile.

I had no idea cigarettes were partly made of rotted older cigarettes that have been shipped back from retail stores. Since that cycle goes on indefinitely, that means there must be small parts of cigarettes from decades ago in the cigarettes you buy today. Barf!

Nor did I know that some of the "tobacco" inside a cigarette is actually some kind of chemical slop that they spray on paper, and then cut the paper so it looks kind of like tobacco.

All my best to those of you here who are kicking this toxic habit.

on a side note, not everyone is reading this thread, so to gain extra support, try sending a pm to the people who are quitting, msredeye, pflynn, alaska lady, ganjarden, stonergrower and whoever else is quitting... i'm sure they will be happy to support you in private...;)

if you need help, you can always call me brother!

i'm so proud of you...;)

im here too. Just had to take a few days for other things. My jaw is still tight but maye it will loosen up soon?!

Congrats to everyone! We can do it. Get your positive "voices" to speak up for you, so you hear them more than the negative ones.

Glad my suggestion of the one hitter is helping anyone who is trying it.
Mv hasnt started to quit yet but when I go to see him on the 23rd I am going to make sure that he knows I am not buying anymore! he told one of my girlfriends he didnt think I could do it, he hopes i can, but.... so i guess he is in for a shock! It is good to shock him once in a while and not have to use the electric prod!
:smokin: Keep up the positive vibes everyone!

I just stopped by this thread to add continuing moral support to USER msredeye, laska lady, ganjarden, stonergrower in your quest to be free from the cigs

Are all the mods going for Tobacco free?

OK USER,
That was then and this is now. Forget about it, so what you blew it, but now you get it out of your system and go on from here. Whatever else keeps you sane just do that... I know this sounds corny but just remember "I can do this, I can do this"
May the force be with you!!!
fineas

i blew it day before yesterday. i have some dandy excuses but thats just b.s.

i'm starting over this morning. i'm not giving up.

thanks again for your support.

Don't kick yourself for screwing up User, just don't give up because of it. I understand you deal with a great deal of pain, wich on top of the normal cravings just cause you to feel beaten and defeated allready so why not just have one? But today is a new day so please don't give up, smoke yourself stupid.Good luck bro we are all here for you .:peace:

Back
Top Bottom