Nicotine vs Cannabis

Man, those are some bazaar photos...I couldn't play the videos either.

Good luck you guys! :peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

The pictures on those videos scares me I dont think I even want to watch them.

I've been using toothpicks to help me at work and when I can't enjoy some ganja out and about. It seems to help me. Plus the toothpicks are minty.

ok here goes another day. i'm still struggling but i got some good rest last night. i smoked up and decided to take a nap around 5 p.m. and i slept til 7 a.m.

if my cravings get bad enough i'll watch the vids.

the minty toothpicks are a great idea. i smoked menthols so the mint would help.

keep up the great work guys!

if you feel the urge is too strong, watch the videos and/or call me!

i'm SO very proud of you guys!

keep up the great work!

WEED IS ALL YA NEED!

YOU CAN DO IT, YES YOU CAN!

I've been smoking cigarettes regularly since I was 17. I've tried to quit numerous times, and I've got about half a pack left. I've been doing better, I smoke about 1 or 2 cigs a day now, trying to taper off, ya know? I've quit cold turkey before and it lasted for a few weeks, then I was back to the filthy habit, and it didn't help that everyone I know smokes cigarettes and would always light one up at some point during our times together, thus I would give in to temptation.

I'm 22 now, and will be celebrating my 23rd B-Day on the 22nd of this month. I'm gonna try to save my cigs until the day before, and quit on my B-Day. I'm really tired of smoking cigarettes, I only smoke to satisfy my cravings. I will join you all in quitting! Soon it will only be Mary Jane and I. :ganjamon:

i'm still fighting. the last couple of days i've been really irritable, just ask my wife. i've been smoking lots of pot. i mean lots. when i feel drowsy i take naps, lots of naps. everyone says 10 days so i'm getting closer.

hows everyone else doing?

I'm still going. I'm not sure how much easier its getting to not smoke but gotta keep on trucking. I know what you mean by irritable. I'm sure my girlfriend could share with your wife.

I didn't smoke a cig yesterday until 8:30, which for me is amazing.

Gonna see how long I can go today....

I still have 8 cigs left, but I haven't smoked one yet today, which is pretty good for me. I've been trying to taper off by not smoking a cigarette until nighttime, some days it works, and some days I give in in temptation, but so far today I've done good.

I've also got a different brand of cigarettes, Pall Mall, fucking gross, a brand not as pleasing as my old brand of Marlboro Reds, AKA Cowboy Killers, and I think it's working, the strategy in that in that I get a lower quality cigarette it'll help me quit because of how much nastier it is....they're all nasty, but I'm tired of smoking cigarettes, and having only Pall Malls to smoke is keeping me from smoking even more.

glad to hear it user, you are doing great, keep up the great work brother!
yes, you will smoke lots of pot, then get so high you will sleep a lot, that is normal...
your body is very close to being detoxed fully, you are almost there!
being irritable is part of the detox, the addictive chemicals are screwing with your brain telling it you need to have the chemicals, upsetting the natural balance of your serotonin levels and many other things... it's all part of the detox and is very normal, stay strong guys, you will beat this evil addiction once and for all!

try to avoid visitors and/or going into public until your detox is done, friends have unintentionally been lost during a detox, the clerk at the market you always go to may not like you anymore after a detox visit, etc... avoid stressful situations and confrontations... when an issue comes up and you start to feel that urge of anger or discomfort, smoke more pot, go to your safe place in your mind and do some breathing exercises and get away from that person or situation at once... practice this and you will have a much easier time for sure...

WEED IS ALL YA NEED!
i'm SO very proud of you guys!

how's everyone doing today?

GOOD I HOPE!...;)

can you smell the wonderful life around you yet?
how does your food taste today?

should be getting close to the time when you get the urge to clean the smell from the house...;)

i'm thinking about you guys and sending all my positive energy, love and support!

congrats brother user!

you just sent chills down my spine, filled my heart with joy and put a huge permagrin on my face...THANK YOU!

now that you detoxed your body, you must detox your house...
wash every sheet, comforter, curtain, everything made of fabric, all of your clothes, even the ones in the closet and possibly even in drawers...
clean off every glass framed picture on the wall, with windex, wait til you see how dirty those paper towels will get...;)

i'm so happy for you user and as well for the rest of you quitting this terrible addictive drug...

here's to yet another fantastically wonderful day...;)

LOL I am so glad I am the only one at home right now! Sometimes it can be so frustrating fighting the urge. Glad your staying strong User. Inspiration for all of us.

How you doing MsRedEye and your partner? Things going easier for you now too? I can't wait till the urge goes away for real! But I am hanging tough. We can do it.
:smokin:

Be patient Ms. A. L., I quit 3 years ago and I still get urges but not as strong.

You're doing well. No...you're doing great!:clap:

wow good job everyone thats quit...i missed this thread too...im on about 8 months now from two packs a day.. i did the patch and quit and i still frigin love the smell of smoke but you have to know that it is your brain playing tricks on you and you are smarter than your own body you are stronger than your demons...dont let them make you.. i used to scream out loud for the first week or so it would disturb any left over tar or something and or just give me a head rush. any ways im doing it to and im here for anyone who needs to talk or medicate for that matter im in oc... And
MEDICATING DOES HELP
MEDICATE
MEDICATE
EAT SOMETHING
AND THEN MEDICATE AGAIN.
EAT A TWIZZLER AND BLOW THROUGH IT LIKE A CIGGY
THEN MAYBE DOZE OFF
each day you wake up stronger and stronger and eventually you are strong enough to do it no problemo. I wish i had this thread when i was quitting.....

Back
Top Bottom