Nicotine vs Cannabis

Gratz on quitting!...just make sure u stay dedicated to quitting forever...dont want to start smoking again in a year when you have started to forget how much u dislike it and your stressed...great idea for a thread by the way...i was reading through the posts...seems like you have helped quite a few people cut back or quit!

day 10 i think. i'm feeling stronger when the urge hits. it doesn't scream out at me any longer. its just an almost constant whisper now. i'm able to smoke less cannabis to get through so thats good because i was sleeping way too much.

everyones support has really helped. i thank all of you. i plan to keep updating my struggle and i'll be here for anyone else who needs some support. i hope this thread continues to be helpful for a long long time.

i cleaned the t.v. and it took 5 paper towels and a buncha windex. the paper towels were dark brown (probably much like my lungs). its like i have a new t.v.

keep up the great work guys, you can do it!

i'm so proud of you!

WEED IS ALL YA NEED!...;)

the hardest part is over, now the most important part is to NEVER smoke ONE cig again!
it will destroy all of your hard work and make you start over from scratch as day one.
those chemicals are evil, tell yourself that you are now a non smoker and you will never touch one again...

another victory for the team at 420 Magazine...;)

another great day, thanks guys!

it got hard last night. had a smoker as an overnight guest. it was cold outside and windy or i would have made him go outside to smoke. i made it but it did cause the craving to get stronger. the bright side is he had some cali purple with him so it sorta balanced out.

hang in there you others who are quiting. you can do it.

Man, Mr User, it is tough, dare I say...impossible, to quit when you're around smokers. You just have to divorce those people at the beginning till you have a good handle on it.:peace::smokin:(vaporgenie)

don't ever let anyone smoke a cigarette in your house again, make sure they know it before they come over so there is no drama... it being cold outside has not relevance... if your son was kicking heroin, would you let his friend come visit and shoot up in front of him, just because it was cold outside? the answer is no... now show yourself that same love you have for your son and you will be on the right track... your friend being cold for 4 minutes and 20 seconds is his problem, let him deal with it... do you think the work place and the restaurant will allow him to smoke inside just because it's cold outside? if they give you a hard time about smoking in your house because it is cold outside, knowing full well that you are kicking the habit, then they are no friend at all...;)

congrats to all of you being stronger than a cigarette, i salute you!

It's official. I'm quitting today. And tonight I'm going to my friends who smokes inside... and its a party.... fuck. Good thing I got herb, and lots of it, think I might go buy some candy cigs... or twizzlers...

First time look.Went to new VA clinic in my hometown, can you believe the adress is 420 N. James.I have had a cold for about a week and started having pain in my lungs.Dr. says I have a touch of pnumonia,been thinking about this for awhile,singed up for a smoking cessation course.smoked for 35 yrs.Wish me luck.

Good luck, you can do it. if you need us just post.

how is everybody doing withe the detox?

also, what do you guys think about moving this thread to the mmj lounge?
it could spark detox threads for other addictions as well...
what do you think?

how is everybody doing withe the detox?

also, what do you guys think about moving this thread to the mmj lounge?
it could spark detox threads for other addictions as well...
what do you think?
i was a not-smoker but i'm ready to declare myself a non-smoker. :smokin:

this thread remains open for support if anyone needs it. be strong friends.

isn't the mmj lounge for legal patients only? if so i say don't put it there.

i'm thinking remove nov. 9 from the thread title. it looks like old news now.

congrats on all the success stories. I have been threatening to quit for a long time.. i think my problem is that i cant medicate in the morning before work or during work so i cant use mmj to help me through it and without my smoke i would have no reason to take a break at work ( and i need my break) i am not a big eater during the day (mmj helps me eat after work) i am not a heavy smoker just casual i definatly smoke more weed in the afternoon than i do cigaretts during the day, my dr. told me there is a pill she can give me that will turn off the nicotine receptors in my brain making me not want to smoke.. i HATE pills but i think i am going to give it a shot as a new years resolution.. i cant afford to be grumpy right now, my income depends on my customer service skills and its nuts right now with christmas shopping.. I know i am a BITCH when i try to quit, I dont even like myself. I hope this thread is still going come the new year when i quit I am sure you's would really help me out. good luck to all quitting and congrats to those who have succeeded :passitleft:

^
i don't see any reason that this thread will not be here when you need it. it might be getting moved to one of the med mj forums but it will be here.

imo its not worth trying when you feel your situation isn't right. but then again will the situation ever be just right? i've worked with the public in sales and in hospitals. i know what you mean. if i remember the last time i'd quit for about a year and then got a sales job and was smoking a few days later.

start just by picturing yourself as a non-smoker. maybe as your going to sleep at night.

good points user, i edited the title, thanks!
did i mention how proud i am of you?...;)

more power to ya mary, hope to see you back in this thread on new years day!
user has a great idea, begin picturing yourself as a non smoker and you will become one.
it will take time, but if you are serious about it, you can do it for sure!

how is everyone else doing with being a non smoker?

another day people another fight..... ciggies are talking to me..been a really tough week of work. im not going to give in though.. i might scream at the top of my lungs right now AAAAAHHHHHH kind of helped oh well.. cant smoke while im typing.. thanks for being there today....

Ciggs are knarley dude! I dont like tobbacco but am aware of its addictive properties.My thought has just turned to coffee, man I gootta have that stuff!! come to think of it caffiene is a addictive substance I better go brew a pot:grinjoint:

another day people another fight..... ciggies are talking to me..been a really tough week of work. im not going to give in though.. i might scream at the top of my lungs right now AAAAAHHHHHH kind of helped oh well.. cant smoke while im typing.. thanks for being there today....
"i want a cig"
it started with a whisper
that grew to a scream
then it was a persistant conversation
then it was a whisper again
the whisper still comes but its further and further apart each time

hang in there Bubba, you can do it :clap:

Back
Top Bottom