Nitrogen toxicity from Roots Organics Soil

swwilson20

So I'm about 70 days from sprout and still in veg. Strain is Blue Mystic, and she has had a N toxicity pretty much her whole life. I haven't given any nutes except cal-mag. Other than having this issue, she has been growing really well. I would like to be in bloom right now, and this Nitrogen toxicity is what is stopping me. I transplanted from 1 gal to 5 gal 3 weeks ago or so, and I'd like to finish in 5 gal. I don't want to take this issue into bloom, and she is almost ready to be watered again, 2 days max.

I'm guessing plain RO water is the way to go when it's time to water, but I was thinking if making a simple little tea with orca and molasses would help too? I have used this with silica and fulvex several times so far this grow and have been very pleased with the results. I'm growing Organic and have been focusing on keeping those guys going. The soil has done all the work so far.

BM60_001.jpg

5 days ago, I worked out a similar problem. My own organic soil mix that ended up having too much nitrogen. Probably too many worm castings. This made the transition to bloom rough. 5 weeks in and plain water was burning the tips. I tried to work with it for about 2 weeks before I finally gave in and ran a 9 gallon flush though the 3 gallon pots. The last 1/2 gallon was heavy calmag and a dose of bloom nutes plus a bloom enhancer. She looks great today. I have a personal rule requiring a FULL FLUSH before bloom and I did not do it this time. Got it straightened out now, though.

thanks schtigg. I was hoping to not have to flush this thing, but also haven't seen this plant without a deep green and curled in tips.. I thought it would have outgrown this problem by now. I have yet to water still and probably will tonight, wondering if I should just go ahead flush it then.

You say u flush before flipping to bloom? do you notice any kind of ill effects on all the mycos and good living stuff in your soil? I suppose even if u do flush those suckers out, it's easy to add more?

I use Fox Farms Ocean forest, Pro Mix HP w/Mycos (inert medium with no nutes added) and a nitrogen rich mix that is heavy on worm castings. By the time I am ready to flush I have a bit of compaction happening and have an inch or two of free space at the top of the pot. Before I add the last half gallon of nutes and cal mag, I top the pot off with Pro Mix. I don't really know what kind of a job this does to put the life back into the soil, I just assumed that it would help. I am certainly no expert by any means, and usually add some real experience to some flying by the seat of my pants to get through the grows, but they always produce.

Worm casting don't usually have much 'N'.
On the other hand, I heard FFOC is pretty hot. I've seen more that one post where it burned new plants. Dunno - I've never used it, but I do use a lot of worm poop.

Back
Top Bottom