Noob - to indoor, that is

Wrgreene25

Having just lost some good younglings,
IMG_024764.JPG
IMG_024658.JPG
and good sprouts to a freak storm, got a tent and went indoor. Being semi broke after buying good beans (dammit). Any affordable suggestions are more than welcome. Been an OD grower, but bought me a clone, and got a 600W hps/nmh setup. Pics enclosed, please, no snickering. It will get better/bigger, soon

Re: NUBE, to indoor, that is

Looking good so far, what kind of exhaust fan do you have running on your tent? Open hood? Careful not to let it get too close to your plant. 18-24" You'll probably want some kind of oscilating fan to move air around inside too.

Are you concerned with smell? It's gonna get pretty strong once flower comes so you might need to buy a carbon scrubber. You'll want to rig your exahust fan to pull through this rather than push through it, so you'll end up mounting it on the top of the tent.

Get a little digital thermometer and hygrometer to track your temperature and humidity.

Oh, if you're use to foliar spraying before dark for outdoors, don't do that in a tent. Big mold risk.

Thanks!! Scrubber, fans, etc coming in about a week. Clone is 3 days "old"(to me) and already has new growth, so figured I was on the right track. Needed help with the "finer points". First time I've really used the "science" part. I'm a simple redneck who put beans in ground, and nature produced these plants for me! It is a "weed" after all, right? Thanks again for the assist. Add your suggestions to the shopping list

Well, using potting soil like that you'll probably want to use regular old synthetic "bottle" nutrients, versus organic mixes. You'll need to get a pH meter to ad just the acidity/alkalinity of the nutrient solutions you mix up to make sure they're in the right range to be consumed by the plant. It's more complicated than it sounds, further complicated by the fact that with other styles of soil you don't really need to pH at all. But with THAT particular soil you're going to want to. Don't be surprised if you hear some less than encouraging words about it, I think it's made by Scotts or MG or something. But it's formulated for cannabis, so it's probably going to work better than most of the off the shelf stuff that was nearby it.

pH'ing and stuff is about as scientific as it gets I think. You kind of need to pay closer attention to the conditions like humidity and temperature though. Indoor plants cannot tolerate the kinds of extremes that outdoor ones can, I'm not sure why. I've seen outdoor plants doing fine in 100+ F degree weather, but if you let an indoor plant get that hot it will heat stress majorly. Also there's some supplemental nutrients like silica you won't get as much of indoor growing as with outdoor.

Do you have any fertilizers you're planning to use already?

I planned to use the flora bloom, unless you have a different idea, I'm all ears. They told me that soil was for herb, but I don't know if I got "sold"or not, so more ideas for that as well if you have em, please. I'm gonna take her to her forever home soon, so I can switch it up a little. So, scotts, huh? Big business creeping in! And thank you, again for all the help!

I think Flora Nova is better because it has literally ever micro and macro nutrient that cannabis needs in each bottle--and it's potent too. If you're going to transplant this outdoor then all you need is the Flora Nova Grow formula to veg it, but they have a formula for bloom too.

It's one that came out just for cannabis yeah, but I don't know much more about it other than that people were bashing it for being Scotts/MG. I think I remember someone posting the ingredients and they didn't sound bad. When people say that something is for cannabis they usually mean it's loamy and pH'd to 6-7 range. Otherwise it's probably the same stuff they use for their rose mix or something but in a different bag and maybe some more perlite. If you can find some Fox Farms Happy Frog or Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, that stuff is pretty highly recommended, but it's also kind of spendy. A lot of it really depends on what is available around you, because when it comes to shipping costs or something like that, then it might be worth it just to stick with what you have there. I hear that Kellog's "rose and garden" blend is pretty good and cheap but I could only find it at one nursery here in town and I have been getting decent results with Fox Farms, so didn't wanna fix what wasn't broken.

Edit:
Here's the Kellog's stuff I was talking about:
"G&B Organic Rose & Flower Planting Mix"

"Ingredients: Recycled forest products, bark fines, peat moss, perlite, sand, composted chicken manure, alfalfa meal, bone meal, oyster shell & dolomite limes (as pH adjusters), worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal"

Compare to Fox Farms Ocean Forrest...

"Ingredients: Composted forest humus, sphagnum peat moss, Pacific Northwest sea-going fish emulsion, crab meal, shrimp meal, earthworm castings, sandy loam, perlite, bat guano, granite dust, Norwegian kelp, and oyster shell (for pH adjustment)."

Fox Farms Happy Frog

"Ingredients: Composted forest humus, sphagnum peat moss, perlite, earthworm castings, bat guano, humic acid (derived from Leonardite), oyster shell and dolomite lime (for pH adjustment)."

Black Magic Ingredients:

"Coco Coir
Perlite
Sphagnum Peat Moss
Aged Bark
Volcanic Ash
Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Kelp Meal
Worm Castings
Bat Guano"

Seems like kid of a soilless mix.

Back
Top Bottom