Noob - Top LED - RDWC - 4x8 Tent Grow - Mods 4 Handicapped Old Fart

Hey Guys & Dolls,

Here is the Part Duex of the fiasco in the Batcave. I checked in on the girls remotely today (webcam only). After this hell week with the plumbing and all I didn't even have the inclination to poke my head in the tent even though it is at the foot of my bed. Just wanted a break, so I took it. It's nice to be King.

I will get the Flowering report up very soon, like most likely tomorrow, but for now I'm just looking forward to when The Blacklist come back on TV and am enjoying a vape. Hope this post finds you in better shape than my garden was this last week. See ya in the Batcave.

Aww yeah, I love The Blacklist too! James Spader has always been one of my favorite actors. There are some other returning shows as well as new shows this fall that I'm looking forward to.

I hope all remains well now in your Batcave. Good vibes being sent your way. :peace: and :love:

Hey Guys & Dolls,

I'm back. Like that funny gastrointestinal urging after too many beers and brats.

This is a going into WEEK 5 update. Had other footage nut couldn't get to it and wanted to get something up. This was shot Sunday so I am at least curent with you'all. Will get morew info out whan I can see and type

Hey Guys & Dolls,

A little help please. I'm in my 5th week of flower and wondering if my plants look like they should. I shot this real quick like and posted what I am concerned with in this video. Any feedback would be appreciated Thanks y'all

Them plants all look okay man. Rest assured you are doing a good job. The fact that lower plants have leaves doing the same curling is a sign that it's not the light causing it. It may be a natural trait of the strain. My one thought on them plants almost touching the light is it may block out light to the other plants. See if you could bend the plant away or tie it back to allow the light to penetrate.

Otherwise a :goodjob: man.

excellent for first time!!
those are just over half way and will fill in nicely
do not raise the lights but do lower the tallest limbs
there are many ways but as medfarmer mentioned tie down is my vote
just bend them a bit and anchor you can do it in increments to lessen stress and avoid breaking
as for defoliating i believe a common practice is 2145...some at day 21 and some at day 45
which puts you about right for the 45 day trim
you have to judge by choosing what leaves will get rid of the most shadow
uncovering flowers is the whole point

under the screen you can almost go crazy snipping
its gonna take some practice and research
great start though
keep up the good works
take care and good luck

Subscribed. You have done very well for a first time grower in his first grow and adapting your grow area to your abilities.

Downward curled leaves are a sign of either light stress or too high of nitrogen in flower. High nitrogen in flower retards bud formation and growth.

You should allow a minimum of 12" between your LED light panels and the top of your canopy to allow the spectrum of the LED's to properly mix. Cannabis plants grown under LED light panels have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium.

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5 milliliters or 1 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Sierra Natural Sciences makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips and other insects SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control. I add 3-5 drops of Ivory Liquid Soap per gallon as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I would spray every 3 days for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch.

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

There is a good example of how I defoliate in this Grow Journal and Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

If you are looking to increase trichome production I use 3 products that have worked very well for me in flowering.

I use Snow Storm Ultra as a foliar spray at 1.25 millilitres per litre in flower every 7-10 days and discontinue use 1 week before harvest.

I will only spray Snow Storm Ultra just before the lights go off for the darkness phase of flowering.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://emeraldtriangle.biz

I also use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom and KoolBloom Dry in flower.

I use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom at 2.5-5 millilitres per gallon from the start of flower until 3 weeks prior to harvest then use General Hydroponics KoolBloom Dry for 2 weeks at 1/4 teaspoon or 1.25 millilitres per gallon and discontinue use 3-5 days prior to harvest.

You can see these products in use and the results in my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal and Review.

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: KoolBloom

If you are interested in beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae Teas you should look into this Heisenberg Tea

I own a Hydrofarm Active Eye 30X jewelers Loupe, Carson Optical MicroMax LED Microscope 60x-100x and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Carson_Optical_MicroMax_LED_Microscope_60x-100x.png

Here is a Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x

Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x - Perfect Gardens

Here is a recipe for a home made Clearex flushing solution

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Colouring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 millilitres per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

When I harvest I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

For trimming I use Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, they come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom