Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

Ok, guys, did bought another microscope and check the trichs on my first plant yesterday. It looks like there is still a week to 10 days before harvest still. I also saw some new white pistils grows on it. So bmeat, you were right, it's still not ready, even if the smoke is already pretty potent.

Also bought a book by ed rosenthal marijuana growers handbook. It looks very instructive and will give me a reference for future grows.

Also, my second plant is beefing up again in trichs and new white pistils, it looks very promising, even for the yield, it will probably produce significantly more than the first one. Still was seeing a few nanners a few days ago but it did not pollinate the other plant. Already smoked something like 3-4 grams of the first plant and no seeds were found.

Have a good smoke to you all and look here some of those juicy buds:

101_5605.JPG
101_5615.JPG
101_5614.JPG
101_5611.JPG
101_5612.JPG
101_5613.JPG
101_5616.JPG
101_5617.JPG

Hey bmeat? How long does it take you in average to dry your buds? Probably that the main cola takes much more time to dry than the rest of the colas?

Also did give some bud to my brother to test it and he was very impressed with the potency. Clearly, even for a newbie like me, I'm able to get better quality ( freshness, odoeur, taste, texture and potency ) than what we are able to get from the black market. I'm very surprised and happy by that situation and this proves me it was a good idea to grow my weed by myself instead of depending on an unknown source. Will never go back to that situation again.

5-7 days for me for most buds. the tops can take 7-14. I dry in my basement, temps are steady 65-70f but humidity is all over the place. I hang them for a couple days, then i cut the flowers from the stems and lay on a piece of paper to dry fully. Cutting the flowers from the stems allows the flowers to dry quicker. If air is still in drying room add a small fan.

I agree with you on the quality, I have been having some small first harvests of my own and let me tell you, I have finally smoked some weed that I used to accidentally stumble across in the us for 20 a gram, I had a super skunk auto, a raspberry cough and blackjack, crazy I am a newbie too, and being so exited I fucking ordered just some shit sounded good but, the blackjack is really nice even dough she is so cheeky I had no cal mag and my tap water is shit so they suffered but they had to in order for me to get to know them and growing their kind at all, and now after harvest, super skunk is amazing flavor, blackjack is nice and fruity, raspberry is straight cactus haha so I have a lil meds and now have a bubba Kush starting and an AMS FROM green house, well sorry for all this writing but it means I am really nice n high super skunk auto high, good growing bro and enjoy the fruit of your labour looks yammy already, keep us posted.

fatties! whats the smell like when you rub a flower and smell your fingers?

It's smells skunky/earthy/flowery! :)

Really hard to say precisely but I do love that smell!

The best smell in the world!! MJ you didn't give some schmuck $ for!:ganjamon: Nice phat ladies your like me trying not to jump out of your shorts and harvest. I keep battling myself you want to smoke it because you know it's good. On the other hand you've spent so much time and energy you might as well get the most out of it.:cheesygrinsmiley:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

I am sorry for not finishing my first grow journal and would like to have this thread moved to the completed journals cause I am now giving away my final yields: 40 grams per plant x 2 = 80 grams. A bit disappointed I was of that yield but the experience was great and the knowledge and understanding of people all over this forum helped me a lot save my grow.

The grow lasted 140 days from seed. 77 days in veg. and 64 days in 12/12.

some buds of the first grow, they were delicious!
101_5649.JPG
101_5692.JPG
101_5693.JPG

I am now in a second indoor grow with 3 plants. A Northern Light clone from my outdoor grow, an Orka from blimburn and a bubblegummer. Day 45 from seed and they look incredibile. Did some fimming on both seed plants and the results speak for themselves. Here is a comparison between my first two plants from the first grow and the 3 plants of my 2nd grow at the same age.

Northern lights a and b from 1st grow at 45 days from seed:
103_4289.JPG
103_4280.JPG

Northern light clone at 24 days:
DSCN04689.JPG

Orka at 45 days from seed:
DSCN046310.JPG

Bubblegummer at 45 days from seed:
DSCN04719.JPG

Here is the full room:

DSCN04749.JPG

I'll be blooming with an 400w hps in a 5x3x2 grow tent. Everything is going on plan right now and I'll probably switch to 12/12 in 2 or 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom