Northern Lights CFL + LED Closet Grow Started 2013-01-02

Here is a great pic I took today of plant A main cola's top bud! It looks amazing!

101_5512.JPG

and here's a close-up.

plantAtopcola.JPG

I'll probably harvest the first plant before the second one because it looks more mature and rippened. My first smoke test will probably be this weekend since I've got still some small popcorn buds in the bottom secondary colas so I'll remove one of them to be the first test sample for this grow.

Considering harvesting the first plant in a bit less than three weeks, maybe only two from now so that's 15-20 days.

That would give me a 140 days grow. That's too long but for the first one, I think it's acceptable. Still hope I'll get a good yield and a good smoke with it.

Have a good one to you all!

Lovely buds bro, you should consider cloning it won't take too much space and now that it is summer you can just keep them near window light, and that way you can run flowering back to back cloning is not so hard I do it just with honey as a cloning agent and stick them in a jiffy, keep them a lil moist and I have plants coming continuously, you just have to find a plant or two you like and keep lil moms that will give you a clone every now and then... But your ladies are looking very very nice bro

Lovely buds bro, you should consider cloning it won't take too much space and now that it is summer you can just keep them near window light, and that way you can run flowering back to back cloning is not so hard I do it just with honey as a cloning agent and stick them in a jiffy, keep them a lil moist and I have plants coming continuously, you just have to find a plant or two you like and keep lil moms that will give you a clone every now and then... But your ladies are looking very very nice bro

Yes, I've already done that, I've got 6 cuttings right now outside for a summer grow. Was not sure but when I saw that most of my cuttings made roots, I decided to go with it and try that outside for the whole summer.

Also, I've done a smoke test with a little bud I took from the bottom of plant A and the smoke is pretty good (6.5/10) but I think I'll get better results by waiting another week for the first plant and maybe 2 full weeks for my second plant that is still creating new white pistils in greater quantity than the first one. Here is a look at the bud before smoking after 2 days of drying and a new one I did cut yesterday. Bud looks very good and smells also not strong but pretty good. The smoke is smooth and the taste is hearty! :)

101_5591.JPG
101_5592.JPG

Both plants start to show deficiencies but since I'm very close to the end, no worry about that.

We are now day 47 of 12/12 and day 41 of flowering, so almost 6 weeks of flowering is done. Here we go with the pics update:

plant a day 122, 12/12 day 47 and flowering day 41
101_5563.JPG
101_5564.JPG
101_5566.JPG
101_5567.JPG
101_5568.JPG
101_5570.JPG
101_5571.JPG
101_5572.JPG
101_5574.JPG
101_5575.JPG

plant b day 113, 12/12 day 47 and flowering day 41
101_5577.JPG
101_5578.JPG
101_5581.JPG
101_5582.JPG
101_5583.JPG
101_5584.JPG
101_5585.JPG
101_5586.JPG
101_5587.JPG
101_5588.JPG
101_5589.JPG

Good news guys, did smoke a fully dried (4 days ) bud yesterday evening and BANG, effect was strong and potent. I give at least a 7.5-8.0 on that test. Very good smell, texture and taste. It's a mile better than what I was smoking before! I am very satisfied with it and my only concern is the yield, don't know if I'll be able to get more than 1,5 oz per plant. Hope so...

Have a good smoke to you all!

:thumb:

Ok, finally decided which strains I'll be growing for my next journal. Porbably starting in the first weeks of juy. I will try to grow 3 diffrent strains at the same time, so here is the list :

Ministry of cannabis northern lights -> same as i did this time, 16% thc and 7-8 weeks of flower
Blimburn seeds Orka -> freebie I got in february from attitude that is supposed to be White Widow x haze and 21% thc 9-10 weeks of flower.
Female seeds Bubblegummer -> I ordered that a few days ago and will receive it soon, 7-8 weeks flower.

I'll go coco again with the same setup. But since Orka is largely sativa, I'll probably have to do a bit of lst with it to keep plants heights uniform.

As anyone grown one of these two last strains?

:blunt:

I will go and buy another miscroscope today with a electronic scale. I want to be sure that my first plant is ready for harvest, she surely looks like it. While the second plant is still growing lots of new white hair, the other one has stalled on white pistils some 10 to 14 days ago and I don't want to be too late to harvest her.

My plan is to harvest the first one probably saturday or sunday and give at lest another week to the other one. Don't know why there not synchronized but I think it's time to react and do something about it.

Am I too hasty?

:)

40-50 days is an incredibly short bloom. I usually go at least 9 weeks from pistil, but you need to check trichs and let us know

That's what's bugging me. Today, I am 50 days 12/12 and 44 days from pistil. We are talking about a 7-8 weeks flowering strain so 49 to 56 days from pistil. I am now close but still, It's really the visual look of my first plant that tells me it's maybe an early bloomer.

The little experience I've got doesn't permit me to be sure about it.

When they say 7-8 they mean 9-10. But again, check trichs and let us know

So from your experience bmeat, indica strains take closer to 9-10 weeks rather than 7-8 weeks like they advertise? Well, like you say, I'll check trichs tonight and that will probably tell me.

Also, which spot on the plant is the best to check trichs? top of main colas or side/secondary colas?

northern lights is hybrid strain that was heavily bred to be a fast finisher. it is not full indica like a pure landrace plant from afghanistan. youre right in saying its indica heavy for sure though.

the top of the plant is usually the most ripe, but i notice that the trich composition is pretty uniform all over the plant.

the fastest finishing plant i had was master kush. it was done at 9 weeks from pistil, but i could have left it 10. ill be very suprisied if either plants are done yet.

master kush and thc bomb are advertised at 7-9 weeks to harvest. if yours is 7-8, it will probably be done in 8-9.

Looking beautiful bro thebonly way to be sure is a microscope they under 5 bucks, great job dough bro love it, I might mass with NL in the futu she seems very hardy and potent :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom