Not PH issue, Not thrips...anyone? leaf spotting

I found my OG101 today had yellow spots all over the sugar leafs and some of the smaller fans today that weren't there yesterday...

I did some google searches to find out what this could be but ended up with nothing...

I checked the soil ph with my soil probe and the ph is sitting nicely at 6.7PH

I daily check the plants for insects and not yet have seen any thrips...even checking my yellow sticky cards....fungus gnats yes...but nothing else...

My ppm's of my feedings are generally in the 500 to 600ppm range...all organic...

What could this be??? disease? genetics? stress? Nutrients?

I pulled off a leaf to examine it closely...looks like a pigmentation issue, because it can not be scratched off the leaf with the fingernail and does not contain any black dots (thrip poop)

None of my other plants are effected or showing this...only my OG101

Help someone..

DSC03632.JPG
DSC03631.JPG
DSC036261.JPG

Re: Not PH issue, Not thrips...anyone?? leaf spotting..

Anyone seen this before??

What stage are ya girlies in flowering ?

Final week or 2 ya can expect problums due to flushing, believe or not it does cause some stress.

What stage are ya girlies in flowering ?

Final week or 2 ya can expect problums due to flushing, believe or not it does cause some stress.

I'm on day 52....not close to flushing...still clear and hardley any cloudy trichomes still.... at least 3-4 more weeks on the effected plant im guessing..

The only differences with this nutrient feeding vs all the last ones were the addition of Advanced nutrients Organic B, and I used a different brand distilled water.... however, none of the other plants (total of 6, 4 diff strains) are showing this...

Its got me puzzled.... I even ripped off about 4 fan leaves, and inspected them with a 30x lupe and no eggs, no insects, no insect poop???

Not really sure what the issue is...

my ppms on my last feeding were around 550ppm which is really low for this period of feeding...can go as high as around 1400ppm this point of flowering, so I know its not nut burn....

Are you adding Cal/Mag? Do you foliar feed? Kinda looks like burn from nutrients to me.

Also distilled water is not the best option for water. They lack quite a few micro nutrients and metals that the plants need. These Minerals would not be in your nutrients. So this could be your problem as well, (I don't think this is the cause).

Are you adding Cal/Mag? Do you foliar feed? Kinda looks like burn from nutrients to me.

Also distilled water is not the best option for water. They lack quite a few micro nutrients and metals that the plants need. These Minerals would not be in your nutrients. So this could be your problem as well, (I don't think this is the cause).

Thanks for the reply Psyclops...but I have a full Organic nutrient regiment that I am using so there shouldn't be any deficiencies but I have been second guessing the General Organics Cal/Mag that I have been using, seems to not be as strong as my last grow using botanicare cal/mag (non organic)...

Here is my nutrient regiment:

Mixed up in 5 gallons of distilled water....

Added in:

Earthjuice:
Grow 90ml reduced from normal 150ml for 5 gallons, starting to slope down N
Bloom 60ml
Micro 25ml..
Catalyst 40ml
MetaK 15ml

Advanced Nutrients:
Liquid carboload 15ml
H2 Humic Acid 60ml
F1 fulvic acid 30ml
Organic B.. 50ml

General Organics Cal/mag will be added before feeding at 60ml

hygrozyme will be added at feeding at 40ml

1TBSP of organic molasses..

Every thing looks good to me as far as your nutrients go. Seems like an awful lot of cal/mag. That is a Tablespoon per gallon(if my conversion is correct)!!! I use a teaspoon of cal/mag per gal., maybe a teaspoon and a half late in flowering but not more than that. On the bright side tho your buds are looking good. The calxys' are filling in nicely. I bet you are closer to 2 weeks than you are to 3 weeks to harvest.

Yeah man, its got me puzzled... I searched the internet for anything relating to the problem and nothing.... I almost would rather find some kind of pest or somthing..at least I could then treat it....lol Well if its worse tomorrow...I'm running some pure distilled water thru the soil...and lowering the ph with humic acid only....

Thanks psyclops for taking the time to check it out... wish me luck..

ya i would say its potasium lockout, to much mag late in flower. if ya look close you have very litlle sugar production in your cone leafs. as well as heat stress on the tip of your leaves means you have to salt and not enough water. try to remember " water, sugar, THC"
are the results you want to end with, not "salt, thc, and thick mag/nitrogen taste". alot good work there, just would like to see ya get the most out of it. smooooothh....

ya i would say its potasium lockout, to much mag late in flower. if ya look close you have very litlle sugar production in your cone leafs. as well as heat stress on the tip of your leaves means you have to salt and not enough water. try to remember " water, sugar, THC"
are the results you want to end with, not "salt, thc, and thick mag/nitrogen taste". alot good work there, just would like to see ya get the most out of it. smooooothh....

I gave the soil a good flush, well as good as I could for not being able to remove the pots and drain them, but tested the runoff and it was extremely low PH...really don't understand why my soil probe was showing it was ok ph...guess never will trust that thing again...anyways...when i checked the ppm of the runoff it was way over 2000ppm so yea...salt build up was definitely an issue... also the ph going in was at around 6.5ph and the run off was extremely low 5'sPH.... I am hoping that this is what is causing it...

I am going to let the pots fully dry to help restore the oxygen levels in the now soaked soil and hopefully my micro herds will help balance my ph back to normal...May hold off on feeding next watering as well and just douse them with humic, fulvic and H2O and carboload and hygrozyme... help burn up some of that guano thats probably backed up in the soil...

thanks for everyone's help...and wish me luck... I am keeping a close eye on the girls...if worst comes to worst I can always cut her a few weeks early and enjoy a good 2 oz or so until the other's are finished.. :)

Back
Top Bottom