Not potent

onestickz

1452398759450-115737736.jpg
Sup 420

Here's a pic of the white widows main cola. This is the girl that hermied on me.
I cut her at 9 weeks and flushed her 2 of those weeks with flora kleen. I'm was using 2 3.5 gal buckets with the bubbling method, with a 300 watt led ipower grow light.
Anyway, they have been curing for 2 weeks and I went to smoke some and it still has that hay taste and it's not potent at all. I get a buzz. For all the good things I've heard about white widow, this is not good. It's sticky as all hell, it's just not potent.
Maybe I pulled her to early? I don't know. This was my first so if I did something wrong with this strain, please let me know.

I was using the flora 3 part series, diamond nectar, brown Cain sugar as a sweetener and Cal mag. Not all at once, but during the time it takes for my next rezoning change.
Any and all info is good, thankx

What color were the trichomes when you harvested? I harvested my first crop early and got a hay smell. A longer cure should take care of that tho.

The trichs was a combo of all 3. Mostly cloudy and clear ones than amber. My WW stinks all to hell and very sticky, just not potent. I guess I have to go longer than 9 weeks.

I generally wait till the plant looks like a survivor of a nuclear war before harvesting. The longer you cure, the better. It won't smell like hay of you let it mature a bit longer.

A very minimum cure is 1 month. A curing batch will go through a number of odor stages, giving you hints as to its ancestry. As an example: my OG Kush first smells like diesel fuel (chemdog), then gradually mellows to a lemony scent (Lemon Thai), then settles down to an inviting earthy smell. I don't know if that is the Pakistani or if all MJ mellows to that earthy scent, but then I know it's ready.

My WW smells real stink, it's just not potent. Sense I got seeds back from her, I'll let her flower longer than 9 weeks. That's what I'm going to do with this WW×BB.

Well I do have a high tolerance lol. From what a lot of people say it's supposed to be top notch. I'll give it 1 more week of curing and try it out again.

defanetly sounds like you took her too early for this strain. from what I've heard the more amber there is the more body high it will be. the less amber more cloudy to clear. is more in the head. WW is more of a body high. so it should probably be best going more on the amber side. just my 2 cents.

I also grew a few white widows (breeder was Seedsman) which could have fooled anyone by appearances, but was worthless smoke. I turned a few ounces of it into oil, which I haven't tried yet. Moved on to other strains...

Could be the breeders too. True WW is truly top notch. I have a great store near my house with probably more than 60 strains at any one time. All of it is lab tested and labeled. I have been trying out many different strains on my wife as I am on a break right now. WW is her favorite by far. WW is always being sold out as fast as they get it in.

CannaDs.JPG

(they have another wall about 1/3 that big)

I have had lots of WW from an old partner of mine in the past and it was outstanding. It is one of the most famous original Dutch strains. Done correctly it is hard to beat except for maybe by its children (like Snow white).

I have some I am staring in about a month myself from Nirvana so I am hoping I can pull it off...unless I get a male LOL.

Good luck. You probably need to follow the advice of curing it a bit longer and you will be surprised.

You said it hermied...depending on that it can zap that potency down in half easily. It depends on a number of factors.

:peace:

Hey thanks. I was starting to think the same thing... maybe I got a fake white widow from these guys or because it hermied.

WW is probably the most famous modern strain. If you haven't heard of it you don't know much. If the source is not credible and trying to rip you off it is the first thing they would say it is...that or Skunk or Northern Lights. Those are probably the most famous and well known (well maybe maui waui if you are old enough).

FYI

It was a freebie so I'm not that mad. I got them from true north seeds but they gave me the free WW from can UK seeds, anybody ever heard of them?

Back
Top Bottom