Nute burn from soil

Pondwater

Some plants in a rich Compost leaves are yellowing browning etc like it's too hot, it's a ready mixed compost I use fine normally but seems this batch is stronger

The plants are growing slowly and not lush green like my cootsmix side at current

So I just wait it out? As its not what I am feeding them or risk repotting them?

Also they got a little toomuch water while I was away 4days so they are heavy on water atm too which could also play games but kinda can't remove that

On a side note there is grass spouting up with no problems next to it in the dryer end of the soil ofc as its at the top?
Screenshot_20231008-180653.png
Screenshot_20231008-180653.png

Some plants in a rich Compost leaves are yellowing browning etc like it's too hot, it's a ready mixed compost I use fine normally but seems this batch is stronger

The plants are growing slowly and not lush green like my cootsmix side at current

So I just wait it out? As its not what I am feeding them or risk repotting them?

Also they got a little toomuch water while I was away 4days so they are heavy on water atm too which could also play games but kinda can't remove that

On a side note there is grass spouting up with no problems next to it in the dryer end of the soil ofc as its at the top?
cant tell cuz i cant see nothing.

Whaddup Pond?

tilting the container to a steep 45 degree angle will help lower the water table… prop the container at a steep angle and scotch it in place so it can’t roll over or tumble and leave it overnite, your buckets should pee excess water out of your drain holes….

but since you are in a SIP the above idea won’t work so well…

on a SIP you can stabilize the plant and tilt the bucket until it’s almost horizontal to pee out most of the reservoir, or if you have a shop vac you could use that to pull water out from fill tube or overflow pipe

I’ve successfully done the tilt procedure on a SIP bucket so no worries there.

also those 4 inch mini desk fans are great for drying out soil, place the fan right in the dirt but pointed away from your plant yet in really close proximity to the trunk so it’s pulling moisture out of soil and blowing it away from the plant…

Whaddup Pond?

tilting the container to a steep 45 degree angle will help lower the water table… prop the container at a steep angle and scotch it in place so it can’t roll over or tumble and leave it overnite, your buckets should pee excess water out of your drain holes….

but since you are in a SIP the above idea won’t work so well…

on a SIP you can stabilize the plant and tilt the bucket until it’s almost horizontal to pee out most of the reservoir, or if you have a shop vac you could use that to pull water out from fill tube or overflow pipe

I’ve successfully done the tilt procedure on a SIP bucket so no worries there.

also those 4 inch mini desk fans are great for drying out soil, place the fan right in the dirt but pointed away from your plant yet in really close proximity to the trunk so it’s pulling moisture out of soil and blowing it away from the plant…
Holy fuck you solved my mind haha
dreaming about fitting a lid and a mushroom top to blow it out

damn yes I can suck on the full tube hahaha wow u ledge d that wil work amazing

yes over water was apparent I told my house sitter to water a sprinkle ontop and share a watering can between them only
she said she filled the tube then filled again then realised n watered the top

the bucket was at the top level waaay higher than I was filling as I was only enouraging feeding atm grrr

Back
Top Bottom