Nutrients schedules: need advice!

Coastal Dharma

Hello Everyone!

Im fairly new to growing and have some questions.

I have two healthy sativa plants that are on their second week of the flowering stage.
12 clones that are currently just starting to root out
and 18 seeds that have just been put into mineral wool cubes in a propogator.

What im looking to get some advice on is how and when to properly feed my plants with nutrients through the different stages of growth.

I have the following nutrients:

-"U-CANN. Abundant Bloom"(2-7-7) (Total nitrogen 2.00%) (Water insoluble nitrogen 1.00%) (Water soluble nitrogen 1.00%)
(Available Phosphoric acid 7.00%) (Soluble Potash 7.00%)

-Liquid Kelp Boost. (0-0-5) (Soluble Potash 5%) (Sulphur 1%)

-Blood Meal (15-0-0)

-Bat Guano (0-18-0)

I have a 60"X48"X80" grow tent with a 1200W Viparspectra dual chip LED grow light and an AC Infinity cloudline S4 Inline duct fan with a carbon filter Ventilation exhaust fan. And beautiful Vancouver, Canada August sunshine for my plants! :cool:

Any constructive, helpful advice is welcome!
Thanks everyone!

Clones are like seedlings. They don't need nutrient and tap water would be enough.
I don't know much about the nutrients you have. However, your nutrients has the NPK numbers which are the macros but you are missing out on the micros.

How are you growing them soil, coco or hydro?

I just looked up that abundant bloom nute. It's a dry amendment, and on their website they say to add it once a week until one week before harvest, starting application one week before flip, or at the onset of flowering outdoors. Looking at the ingredient list is like reading a supersoil recipe, so I think you should be okay on micros, but you might want to check in with the growers over in the organic section to see if they think it's missing anything. I would post a link to the site, but neither Ucann or their parent company are sponsors so I guess google is your friend there.

Clones are like seedlings. They don't need nutrient and tap water would be enough.
I don't know much about the nutrients you have. However, your nutrients has the NPK numbers which are the macros but you are missing out on the micros.

How are you growing them soil, coco or hydro?

Im growing them in Pro Mix soil

My clones are doing fine in just filtered ph 5.5 water. I was actually considering transferring them over to mineral wool to speed up root growth. any thoughts on that?

What im looking for is some advice on my nutrient schedule for my bigger plant. its in about week 2/3 of flowering and im just so new to growing, i really dont want to over feed her.

Thanks for the reply btw!! :)

:welcome: to :420:

You have a really nice sounding setup so far but what media are you in? it will effect feeding

Thanks pal! Im super excited by this new found passion for growing! I just bought another one of the 1200W viparspectra lights and another filter/exhaust fan

Im growing them in Pro Mix soil. after their finished in mineral wool

I just looked up that abundant bloom nute. It's a dry amendment, and on their website they say to add it once a week until one week before harvest, starting application one week before flip, or at the onset of flowering outdoors. Looking at the ingredient list is like reading a supersoil recipe, so I think you should be okay on micros, but you might want to check in with the growers over in the organic section to see if they think it's missing anything. I would post a link to the site, but neither Ucann or their parent company are sponsors so I guess google is your friend there.

Thanks a ton for the comment :)! I think im going to mosey over to "Indo Products" in Langley and ask. I find my questions are stumping a lot of the people at nurseries/garden centres who should have at least some knowledge on this lol

Which promix are you using? HP and BX are more soilless media than soils. The Organic herb & vegetable blend is good for cannabis, as is the organic moisture mix. The flowering plant blend is too high in nutrients, especially nitrogen, and the non-organic moisture mix has a wetting agent, I believe.
I use the Herb & Vegetable blend myself, but I accidentally bought a bag of the organic moisture mix this year when I was transplanting, and it worked well.

Thanks pal! Im super excited by this new found passion for growing! I just bought another one of the 1200W viparspectra lights and another filter/exhaust fan

Im growing them in Pro Mix soil. after their finished in mineral wool
Ok so promix hp from mineral wool, neither will retain that much npk so start at 1/4 strength and feed every time slowly giving stronger food, a ppm pen will help tell you how much stronger you get weekly, feed like you would coco but only water it half as much

Edit I did assume promix hp correct me if I was incorrect

Im growing them in Pro Mix soil

My clones are doing fine in just filtered ph 5.5 water. I was actually considering transferring them over to mineral wool to speed up root growth. any thoughts on that?

What im looking for is some advice on my nutrient schedule for my bigger plant. its in about week 2/3 of flowering and im just so new to growing, i really dont want to over feed her.

Thanks for the reply btw!! :)
I use promix hp as well. its a good soil with mycoryza which help your plants root system. you don't have to ph your water. Your tab water is fine even if you are at higher or lower levels. The soil adjusts your ph to around 6.5

As mentioned before I don';t know your nutrients. But in flower you want less nitrogin.
also consider looking into MegaCrop if thats a possibility.
It's one part dry nutrient which will take your plant from start to end.
No ppm pen needed and max you want to feed is at 4.5g per gallon. But then again this is MegaCrop.

As to your neutrients:
i know -Bat Guano (0-18-0) would be benefecial to feed at your stage to your flowers and -Liquid Kelp Boost (0-0-5) (Soluble Potash 5%) (Sulphur 1%)
All the other nutrients you have is nitrogin at high levels, so deffinitly do not use allot and perhaphs use 1/4 of the recommended dosage.

Do these nutrients you have come with a feeding schedule menu?

i feel like this would be something @Emilya would have an answer too

Which promix are you using? HP and BX are more soilless media than soils. The Organic herb & vegetable blend is good for cannabis, as is the organic moisture mix. The flowering plant blend is too high in nutrients, especially nitrogen, and the non-organic moisture mix has a wetting agent, I believe.
I use the Herb & Vegetable blend myself, but I accidentally bought a bag of the organic moisture mix this year when I was transplanting, and it worked well.

Im using Herb and vegetable too! My plant seems to be very happy with the choice :cool:

Ok so promix hp from mineral wool, neither will retain that much npk so start at 1/4 strength and feed every time slowly giving stronger food, a ppm pen will help tell you how much stronger you get weekly, feed like you would coco but only water it half as much

Edit I did assume promix hp correct me if I was incorrect

Its ProMix Herb and Vegetable, I have a PPM pen but how would i use it the way your referring?(Excuse the novice question but i am just that lol) this is my pen Pro TDS Meter Digital Water Tester - 3 in 1 ppm EC and Temperature Test Pen | Easy to Use Water Purity Tester | Ideal for Testing RO Drinking Water Swimming Pool Hydroponics Aquarium & More | Green: Amazon.ca: Industrial & Scientific

I use promix hp as well. its a good soil with mycoryza which help your plants root system. you don't have to ph your water. Your tab water is fine even if you are at higher or lower levels. The soil adjusts your ph to around 6.5

As mentioned before I don';t know your nutrients. But in flower you want less nitrogin.
also consider looking into MegaCrop if thats a possibility.
It's one part dry nutrient which will take your plant from start to end.
No ppm pen needed and max you want to feed is at 4.5g per gallon. But then again this is MegaCrop.

As to your neutrients:
i know -Bat Guano (0-18-0) would be benefecial to feed at your stage to your flowers and -Liquid Kelp Boost (0-0-5) (Soluble Potash 5%) (Sulphur 1%)
All the other nutrients you have is nitrogin at high levels, so deffinitly do not use allot and perhaphs use 1/4 of the recommended dosage.

Do these nutrients you have come with a feeding schedule menu?

I got a bag of MegaCrop on the way now!

I use the liquid Kelp Boost as a foliage spray along with a feeding in a tea. Do you have any thoughts on
how you would administer it?

Unfortunately none of them have feeding schedules

Good to know about the Nitrogen :)

Thanks for the reply!

So I am novice as well in my own ways, like I don't know your media lol, is it this?
1597174714462.png

As for the ppm pen I can help you, you went cheap and I love it I have and still weekly use one almost identical even the color; all you need to do is look what the nutrient schedule wants you to feed for your nutes (I need pics of your ladies in question) and sorta go 1/4 strength (again I don't know what your girls look like atm) look at that in ppm and if no burn by next feed up that number by 100, if you ever see any tip burn back off 100-150ppm. Week 6 in flowering the ppm pen helps to back off your feeding a little and you can check the run off.

The run off is any water you can capture out the bottom of the pots I get it in a shot glass and toss in the ol pen just see if it is way over your feed or way under your feed, tbh I have not done this in a long time I am lazy and something had to go :rofl: :bong:

Just seen no feed schedule I really need to see a lady and I can give a guess where to start on ppm but even lowball my number by a bit in case lol and preferably ask others

Edit: I can not really tell what conversion your ppm/ec pen uses, dip it in tap water and see if the ppm is 1/2 the ec lol

make sure your ppm pen is calibrated.
turn it on and just have the tip up to the hole in the water. (DO NOT PUT THE WHOLE THING IN WATER) :rofl: :rofl:
MegaCrop "MC" is easy and good. You dnt need to worry about all this diff neutrients and make it complicated.

Just remember your flower girls 4.5 gram per gallon

Back
Top Bottom