Oh no, termites!

Gabby987

Termites in my flower room. Sigh. Grrrrr
Please someone tell me termites are not harmful to flowering plants.

I will have to treat them myself as I cannot have pest control people wandering around my basement with my girls.
Fortunately most of the treatment will be outdoors.
I used diatomaceous earth on basement floor and foundation but that shouldn't harm the plants.

Termites aren't interested in your plants....
They may chow down on your grow room, :oops: but they won't bother the plants at all.

Termites in my flower room. Sigh. Grrrrr
Please someone tell me termites are not harmful to flowering plants.

I will have to treat them myself as I cannot have pest control people wandering around my basement with my girls.
Fortunately most of the treatment will be outdoors.
I used diatomaceous earth on basement floor and foundation but that shouldn't harm the plants.
The Diatomaceous Earth will not harm the termites that are already in the walls or floor joists or any other wood. You should consider treating the house or the insects can do some serious structural damage. I am not sure that the termites will wander around on the floor either since they live in and eat the wood. Termites already in the house will become a serious problem eventually.

The Diatomaceous Earth will not harm the termites that are already in the walls or floor joists or any other wood. You should consider treating the house or the insects can do some serious structural damage. I am not sure that the termites will wander around on the floor either since they live in and eat the wood. Termites already in the house will become a serious problem eventually.
I have located the problem area, drilled holes in the walls and puffed diatomaceous earth inside the walls.
I understand this is temporary.
I have ordered a commercial product that will involve digging a trench outside as well drilling some holes in the concrete slab.
Do you think the plants will suffer if I removed them from the flower room for about 1 hour?
I am trying to avoid moving the lights too.
They will be in basement with lights on while I work on termite issue.
Temperature is a bit cooler, but not much

Plants do not think or have emotions so I doubt that there will be any reaction if the plants are put in another part of the basement, even for several hours. A one hour change of pace will have more on an effect on you as the grower than on the plants.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. It gave me confidence.
I tend to forget that these plants are quite resilient.
I will take care of the grow area tomorrow and sweep up the casualties.

Back
Top Bottom