Ok so this is a little tricky for me

Vinnyd1

I have about two more weeks until I can cut and dry to plants however I looked at multiple YouTube videos and everybody has a different way of doing it does anybody know of the fastest but safest way to dry and cure for beginners

hang them in a closed space without a fan for 3-5 days until the smallest branches snap when bent, but do not break... then cut the buds from the branches and put them in a paper sack folded over 3 times for a couple of days, and then put in a jar and burp the RH down to 65, and let it sit there for a month. There is no fast shortcut that really works... the only way to cure is over time. Curing does not actually start happening until the RH is between 65-59, and the slower you get it down to that point, the longer you will be able to hold it within that range to do an effective cure. Once the product dries out below 59% RH, curing is done. Nothing will start it back up again, even putting humidity packs in there. This is why it is emphasized to dry slowly in order to get the best cure.

I purchased these little things they look like wetnaps that u put in the jar and keep the rh even. And when it changes color to blue u gotta change it out. Do u know if those really work or is it just a gimik

I purchased these little things they look like wetnaps that u put in the jar and keep the rh even. And when it changes color to blue u gotta change it out. Do u know if those really work or is it just a gimik

That would depend on the brand. Boveda packs are most popular it seems. Do the packs you have say what RH they are dialed in at?

This is them

Attachments

• 15553433276582633601264267140202.jpg
    15553433276582633601264267140202.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 119
You still need to get the RH near the range for a Boveda pack to work... and if you throw in a Boveda 62 when the actual RH is 65, you are wasting all that good time you could have been in the cure range if the B-pack robs that humidity out of the jar. I don't throw in Boveda packs until the RH has dropped below 62 and I want to keep it in the range a bit longer.

These packs are not a shortcut for doing a proper cure, IMHO. It might work to a point, but there is no substitute for doing it right.

Lets try a verbal description... I dry them in the paper sack until the outsides of the buds start to get a little crunchy. Then into the jar for a half a day and you will notice that the buds get soft again. Lay them out on a cookie sheet for a few minutes, until they start getting crunchy on the outside again, and then put them back in the jar. When they are in the curing range, they are going to start staying crunchy even after setting in the jar overnight. Once you have seen this "crunchy" state, where it is still moist enough to be fresh, yet crisp and crunchy enough to roll into a smokable joint, you will be able to cure by look and feel. You have to see it happen once though to understand.

I've done the paper sack method for years, and I've always had great results. I want to add, in the winter months, when the RH is very low, I put the buds into a plastic "shopping" bag, and then into the paper bag. Not totally necessary, but it helped alot.

Another helpful thing for jars is hygrometers. They make em small enough now, that watching the jar's RH is easy.

On only my fourth grow and trying a little different technique with my brown paper bag. Layer the buds between layers of strips torn from bags. Always a different thing to try.

Back
Top Bottom