OKS Perpetual Purple Garden

oks226

Hey All!

I've just finished my first complete grow journal and learned some things that I am going to change to implement into this new grow.

Firstly, after long deliberation I decided to go with a perpetual grow, I was 50-50 on it, liking the larger harvest, but not liking to wait 2 1/2 months and running out of pot. The smaller yield I got from my last grow pushed me more toward a perpetual, I believe I can yield more overall this way in a 2 month period.

Secondly, I have decided to grow more but smaller plants. Currently they are 5in x 5 in square pots, I may transplant to gallon if need be.

Third, I am using H&G nutrients, as they easily outperformed the Botanicare line.

Grow area 4 ft x 4 ft

light - 1000 watt lumatek digital ballast
hood - magnum XXXL 8 inch air cooled
exhaust & cooling light - 8 inch vortex @ 749 cfm
filter - 8in x 24in phresh filter (carbon filter)
using 8in insulated ducting

I constructed this room with 2x2 and 6 mil panda paper. It is still a work in progress, as I would like to put plywood on the outside and then insulate it.

I am going to grow 6 rows of 7 plants, 42 plants total.

Right now I have 14 plants that are almost 2 weeks into flower, they are a variety of purple urkle, purple crutch, and grandaddy purple.

The Purple Urkle mother I have is from a Dispensary in Santa Rosa.
The Purple Crutch is a pheno of purple urkle that an old grower friend loved, he had an article written on it in high times. This will be my first time growing it and I am extremely excited. The GDP is from a friend whom got it from a friend and so on.

Pictures to come!

Im in for the ride i like the other grows of yours, love the colors keep it up. so by definition does perpetual mean you have girls from veg ready to go right into flower when you harvest?

The pictures are in order from oldest to most recent. 2 days ago I trimmed up all the budding spots except the top sites, I want only 5 or 6 large colas. I also staked all the plants. I am trying to eliminate getting the "popcorn buds". When I mean large colas I only want larger than 1 gram.

11032.jpg

2709.jpg

3598.jpg

6303.jpg

these are as of yesterday
5351.jpg

4455.jpg

Does anyone have any experience growing in such small pots? Should I use 1 gallons instead? I am worried about getting root-bound, but am willing to water everyday if necessary. Will these pots drastically reduce my yield, or will a gallon drastically increase it?

Hey N.W! Yeah I that's what perpetual is, but since I only have 1 light, I am going take clones about every 10 days, as soon as the new clones root, I will put them in veg under my flouro's for 7-10 days, then put them in the flower chamber. The idea is to harvest 14 plants every 20 days and never have an empty spot in the flower chamber, of course it's going to take me 60 days to fill it up.

Roots Organic is great stuff. I use it and swear by it. With it i cut my nutes to just three differnent kinds unlike some other mediums where i had to use 7 or 8 different nutes. I use bio-haven in all phases of growth and vegging i use bio-bloom and in flowering i use all the above plus top-max. All are made by Bio-Bizz. Roots Organic saved me on time and money and i get the same results as if i used the whole line of nutes in soiless. I just think it Rocks! Good Luck on your grow..

so i have a sneeking suspision if you bought a new light, that you most likly have some new babies? whats in the works?

Yeah! I dont need the light yet, but I have had babies going and was going to put pics up, I'll put the pics up in a little, I'm just getting out of bed. I have 21 clones of my various purple mothers, I saw my first roots on them yesterday!

In about 2-3 days I am going to put them in soil, then in my veg closet under my new 2ft-4 bulb t-5 from sun system. I couldn't resist it, I walked into my hydro shop and they had them sitting out front for 30% off! I snatched it up quick! So now I'll use my 2 bulb t-5 for mothers, my 4 bulb t-5 for veg, and I have a 1 light t-5 for my clones.

In other exciting news...lol. I traded my 3.5 light rail mover with 6 ft bar, stabilizing bar, and pulleys, for the botanicare 45 site clone machine...woo-hoo. I've taken the easy route! I'm most excited about not having to spend money on cloning equipment anymore.
Pics soon

badass new cloner there, and the garden is looking very good and green. when do you start seeing purples?

Back
Top Bottom