One vs 2 plants in a pot?

AKgramma

I am interested in your input.

Here is my theory. I normally grow my ladies out in 3 gallon trash bins (tall and narrow). But I notice that their roots do not use all the space. I get a certain amount of dry yield, just under an ounce each plant.

Would my yield increase if I were to grow two plants in a 5 gallon or larger bin, or would that overcrowd the roots?

Would two plants in one bin count as one plant for limitation by law purposes?

What are the advantages to doubling up on the plants if I provide larger containers?

What would happen if the pot were shared by different strains, both feminized?

If you have ever doubled up, please tell me what advantages or disadvantages to this tactic.

:thanks:

Hi AK i think it comes down to strain , training and veg time i think i was averaging around 2oz per 2 gal pot in coco with short veg and bending (lst) . It seems more risky .. like problems could arise when 2 plants are in 1 pot. but it may work ..? I dono.

For what ever reason I can't copy the link to old school. He grows two autos in a yellow kitty litter box ( like tidy cat ). He's done it before with good results. I think you would be ok

420-magazine-mobile137934504.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1952625989.jpg

rhet: I don't get that kind of root ball, since I grow in soil in plastic bins or pots. Ar you telling me that there won't be enough room for 2 plants in a big pot?

Not really, they would find the room they need, it just complicates it if things go wrong i guess , what oldschools doing there looks like an easy way to maximize a small space with little effort and not much training , but uses alot of seeds.. a little training with half the seeds can see a better result but it adds 2+ weeks veg and you need a bit more room

His journal is ' old school 64 ' crop king auto grow. It's still in progress

Thank you! He uses these bins in his other grows, and he said they were 5 gallons. I am seriously considering trying one 2-plant bin, just for comparison. Other factors besides growth is if I can handle them. I like to move the posts around as the ladies grow and change shape.

Since I use a 50/50 perlite/light soil mix, turning or moving them should not be a problem, as I purchased 6 large turntables, designed for plants in 5 gallon pots.

I do have 3 5-gallon pails full of mixed soil/perlite already, so all I have to do is drill drainage holes and plant the two clones into it.

Back
Top Bottom