So I noticed a couple of white spots on a fan leaf. I’m going to recheck tomorrow for pests... anyone care to offer a guess on what this is?

Nute droplet burn? Mites?

So I sponged as many leafs as I could. With having recently transplanted the girls, I couldn’t tell if it was dry coco mix or mites of some sort. Going to keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Very nice smell from her as I worked on the leaves. I did notice a tiny tiny yellow tip on one of the fan leafs... not sure why, but going to be careful with the nutes at next feeding.

A tiny bit of burn on the leaf tip is ok, it's just showing that you are using just enough food, maybe a hair over. If there is no burn and the leaves are fading to yellow, you need more food! Spider mite damage looks like tiny perfectly round little dots. Flip the leaf over and get a scope and look up the middle of that middle stem. You will probably see mites crawling around. And some orange eggs. You MUST treat this very very soon, like today. It they will take over. Web up your plant and kill it. Use some dawn soap. Maybe a teaspoon to a few gallons it so. Spray under the leaves first. Then in top. Repeat 3 days later a few times. Then once weekly in the regular. When it comes to growing cannabis we try to manage the pest and pathogen situation BEFORE it occurs. We call it IPM. Integral Pest Management. Good luck brother.

I’ve also been told by my best friends mom a while ago that if you put a splash of listerine in the water solution as well, it really helps she said. The listerine draws them in and the soap suffocates them. I haven’t been able to confirm or deny this, I’ve tried it on my outdoor plant two years ago, but had to give it away (due to early fall, I mean I might as well say winter. It basically skipped fall) before I noticed if it made a difference or not.

Just thought I’d add my two cents. Hopefully you can get a zoomed in look at the underside of your leaves and confirm or deny the problem. :thumb:

You MUST treat this very very soon, like today. It they will take over. Web up your plant and kill it. Use some dawn soap. Maybe a teaspoon to a few gallons it so. Spray under the leaves first. Then in top. Repeat 3 days later a few times. Then once weekly in the regular.

Ok, so I wasn’t feeling good about how I left this possible issue yesterday. So today was a feeding, and after I fed I took each each girl, used a dish sponge with soapy (dawn) water and gently but thoroughly dragged it across the bottom of each leaf. I am glad they are young.... I then sprayed first the bottom then the tops of the leaves. I hope my solution was heavy enough. I will do it again, as suggested @Cannaspinach , in 3 days time.

I didn’t have any listerine handy @Backlipslide , but may try that in future.

I also impulsively fimmed my Bubba Kush 2.0 #1. We’ll see how she takes it. Fed good amount of nutes today, hopefully not too soon after transplant... just want these girls to grrroooowwww.

So at this point I’ve no clue. Without a scope it’s pretty much guess work. Nothing seems to have happened or got worse, no new white dots, just some light burn or deficiencies? I topped her up today with some cal mag.

I took off her bottom node, probably better to not have it laying on the coco... I hope it isn’t mites, but I’m sourcing neem oil regardless.

Still unsure if it’s mites. I ordered a microscope today, but I think the root ball came apart a bit as I transplanted this one plant. She’s droopy and bad colour, I thought maybe cal mag would clear it up.... but I’m almost thinking I need to treat her as if her roots are hurting... any suggestions for that when she’s in a. Coco/perlite mix?

Still unsure if it’s mites. I ordered a microscope today, but I think the root ball came apart a bit as I transplanted this one plant. She’s droopy and bad colour, I thought maybe cal mag would clear it up.... but I’m almost thinking I need to treat her as if her roots are hurting... any suggestions for that when she’s in a. Coco/perlite mix?

Pictures?

Yes a microscope is something you should always think about having! It’s a great tool to have.

It’s common practice to break up the root ball a bit before transplanting, it helps the roots expand to new territory and get them out of the root bound position. That shouldn’t be the problem.

Me personally would give it a good flush of water and then after a day, hit her again with the nutrients they desire!

:thumb:

Let her dry out completely Opar. Then hit her with nutrients or water. Looks like over watering to me a bit. At least it's the bottom fan leaves. Should recover in no time. Imo it's two things over watering and the light being too close. Just something for consideration. Either way brother it a all works out. :passitleft::ganjamon:

Hey Opar,
You mentioned having a T8 (4ft I'm assuming) for Veg. Well bro that Is well sufficient for 4/5 plants until week 6/8 veg. I see your point on more horse power but keep them under that t8 and then hit them with the 600 watt for 2 week veg and then the flip. Ts are so much more forgiving than hps/hid at an early life grow. Sorry for the ramble bro just like your setup brother. Keep doing your thing bro

I stupidly bought 8 footer, so once by 4x4 tent went into my 9x4 room.... well... I’ll have to get a smaller setup for next grow... I just hiked the mh light up a bit more. I am starting to see some vertical so that’s good, but yes I will try to get a smaller setup with t5’s ... wish I could utilize a bigger footprint :/

Ok so scope came in and I can’t find any pests at all. What a pain in the ass to try to take photos without taking the leaf off and laying it down... shaky hands I guess....

Larger white spot from under the leaf... burn?

So free from pests but definitely hurting, hope she dries out soon

Back
Top Bottom