Opinions on SOG

Billpopy79

Hi all.
Im planning my next grow for when my current one is done and as I have an abundance of seeds I'm thinking of doing a SOG type grow.
Tent will be 4x4x7'
350w 3000k Samsung led strips
400w hps cooltube.
The strain will be Crackers.
A new hybrid from the Amnesia related gen-pool. She is a crossing between Amnesia and NL5xHaze. Sativa characteristics are noticeble while growing, this plant stretches towards the light quickly, gradually building flowers for almost 11 weeks. It will deliver a very productive harvest. A great cannabis strain we have been waiting to introduce in our catalogue. She gives you that balanced and relaxing effect that is perfect for social anxiety. Crackers has a smooth, earthy, spicy and musky taste. She is perfect for indoor or outdoor growing and can reach a maximum heigth of around 300 cm. It is so strong, it will crack your head.

I'm looking to grow 9 plants in 10l pots in soil.

As it's an 11 week flower strain I'd like to only veg for 3 weeks.
My question is will my pot size suit such a short veg time or should I go bigger/smaller.

Pot size will be fine, but definitely don’t plant in that size pot. You want these plants to get established as fast as possible cause of the short veg time. so start then in solo cups and let them get nice and rooted before you up pot to 10L. Also using fabric containers will pretty much eliminate any worry of rootbound.

Pot size will be fine, but definitely don’t plant in that size pot. You want these plants to get established as fast as possible cause of the short veg time. so start then in solo cups and let them get nice and rooted before you up pot to 10L. Also using fabric containers will pretty much eliminate any worry of rootbound.
Hi Chef.
Thanks for the reply.
I'll be starting in some 2l pots, I've a bit of practice starting in these and getting the rootball established.
Sounds like a good plan to use fabric for the 10l as I've no idea how crazy the roots might get.

Ideally a SOG would use clones for uniformity, but I'm sure it will be fine!
For sure would probably be better with clones but if things start getting uneven I'll start tying them down.

Back
Top Bottom