Organic Amare LED Grow

Having trouble logging in with the app so no pics :(.

Did you manage to fix your issue?

And how are the plants (and the light, lol) doing? I just discovered your journal a little while ago when searching for ones that are using Amare Technologies products, so I have not read through it yet. But I will do so later tonight, starting from post #1.

Did you manage to fix your issue?

And how are the plants (and the light, lol) doing? I just discovered your journal a little while ago when searching for ones that are using Amare Technologies products, so I have not read through it yet. But I will do so later tonight, starting from post #1.
Oh you wait I've seen them and man o man they are nice

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

The plants get two teas a week and a monthly tea. The weekly ones are
Monday's
Per gal;
28grams ground Malted Barley Grain,
1/2 tsp Silica,
1/4 tsp Aloe,
1/4 tsp OminA.

Thursday's
Soap Nut Powder 1 TBSP per 5gal.
Per gal;
1/2 tsp Silica
1/2 tsp Coconut powder
1/4 tsp OminA

Monthly
1 tbsp kelp meal
2 tbsp Neem cake
1/2 tsp silica
1/4 tsp Aloe Vera powder.

The app is still not working

Why not post about your issue in one of the support forums (whichever applies)? Unless/until people do, the staff sort of has to assume that everything about their app works fine :rolleyes3 .
Support For 420 Magazine App For Android
Support For 420 Magazine App For iOS

You should use 420

That application seems to insist on inserting a tagline advertising itself (and the user's cell phone) at the bottom of every post.

Err, but more importantly, it also seems to insist on uploading the users' images to one of its own servers and posting an offsite link to them - which is probably frowned upon, since all photos are supposed to be uploaded to the forum's server (but they have been letting it slide because of the high number of 420 users, IIRC). This seems to me like it could be a potential security risk, and if 420 decides to delete those images, they then disappear from the threads here.

BtW, does 420 give access to the other aspects of this forum, such as the various notifications that can be accessed via the User CP (when someone "likes" one of your posts, adds to your reputation - with an attached comment, et cetera), the photo gallery, and so on? Or is it just strictly for thread content?

Why not post about your issue in one of the support forums (whichever applies)? Unless/until people do, the staff sort of has to assume that everything about their app works fine :rolleyes3 .
Support For 420 Magazine App For Android
Support For 420 Magazine App For iOS

That application seems to insist on inserting a tagline advertising itself (and the user's cell phone) at the bottom of every post.

Err, but more importantly, it also seems to insist on uploading the users' images to one of its own servers and posting an offsite link to them - which is probably frowned upon, since all photos are supposed to be uploaded to the forum's server (but they have been letting it slide because of the high number of 420 users, IIRC). This seems to me like it could be a potential security risk, and if 420 decides to delete those images, they then disappear from the threads here.

BtW, does 420 give access to the other aspects of this forum, such as the various notifications that can be accessed via the User CP (when someone "likes" one of your posts, adds to your reputation - with an attached comment, et cetera), the photo gallery, and so on? Or is it just strictly for thread content?
420 probably does do that with pics but I think mine are also on the forums I post to as they are visible in threads and also in my profile gallery and yes they do let you know everything thing probably alil too much but you can adjust frequency. I always say if they looking for you on the internet you were already on radar a long time ago so I don't really worry bout security risk from them more on my end then anything

420 probably does do that with pics but I think mine are also on the forums I post to as they are visible in threads

Nah, that was what I meant about the staff being kind enough to let things slide with 420 users - I just checked the images in the most recent post in your current journal thread and they are residing on the "uploads.420-cdn.com" server, lol. IDK if there is a quick and easy way to tell where the image is stored with a cell phone, because you cannot simply right-click on one and select "copy image location." But a clue that they are stored somewhere else is that most images stored on the forum's server have the "420 Magazine" watermark in the bottom right-hand corner.

Prepper420, my apologies for going off-topic in your journal. I hope you get your image-posting issue resolved.

Thanks for the advice guys, will post my issue in the thread.

In other news! I just finished my IPM spray (Intergrated Pest Management) Neem Oil, Silica, Aloe. After the plants start developing buds I will stop spraying Oils and just rely on the plants natural restiatances. Saponins trigger the plant’s Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR) as well as the Hormonal Acquired Resistance (HAR) - auto-immune compounds created by plants for defense against a number of pathogens. Saponins are in my Aloe Vera, Yucca, Soap Nut, and Coconut. Aloe and chitin react to make insect suppression even more by boosting the plants health even further.

Malted Barley Grain tea and Crustacean meal in the soil form a powerful bug fighting combo.
Crustacean shells contain chitin and bacteria which creates the enzyme chitinase and it's this enzyme that acts as an insecticide and promotes plant defenses. The reason that we use a chitin source in our potting soil is to create chitinase which gives us a powerful insect suppression plus it destroys eggs.

Had to delete the app and re-install.
Here are the pictures!!!
2x White Lavender from G13 Labs added to flower last night.
420-magazine-mobile798344571.jpg

Group shot
420-magazine-mobile1220726846.jpg

Bluebell Wreck
420-magazine-mobile2011952361.jpg

Made a big compost pile this morning, everytime my gf cleans put the coup, I soak the bedding in water for a day or two. I use alfalfa hay as bedding and use the deep littler method. So it's really packed with chicken manure.

Added lots of horse manure and dandelions and other weeds, and wood chips. When this is finished thermal composting I will run it through the worm farm. Going to be some badass EWC when their finished with it! .
420-magazine-mobile172808494.jpg
420-magazine-mobile125581374.jpg

I am glad that you resolved your issue with the app!

Your plants look nice - and it is easier to look at them when they are illuminated by "white" light :thumb: . Is there something all over the wall on the left side of the first picture? If so, isn't it hurting/decreasing the reflectivity of that wall?

Thanks for the advice guys, will post my issue in the thread.

In other news! I just finished my IPM spray (Intergrated Pest Management) Neem Oil, Silica, Aloe. After the plants start developing buds I will stop spraying Oils and just rely on the plants natural restiatances. Saponins trigger the plant's Systemic Acquired Resistance (SAR) as well as the Hormonal Acquired Resistance (HAR) - auto-immune compounds created by plants for defense against a number of pathogens. Saponins are in my Aloe Vera, Yucca, Soap Nut, and Coconut. Aloe and chitin react to make insect suppression even more by boosting the plants health even further.

Malted Barley Grain tea and Crustacean meal in the soil form a powerful bug fighting combo.
Crustacean shells contain chitin and bacteria which creates the enzyme chitinase and it's this enzyme that acts as an insecticide and promotes plant defenses. The reason that we use a chitin source in our potting soil is to create chitinase which gives us a powerful insect suppression plus it destroys eggs.
Man crab shell has helped me out to

I am glad that you resolved your issue with the app!

Your plants look nice - and it is easier to look at them when they are illuminated by "white" light :thumb: . Is there something all over the wall on the left side of the first picture? If so, isn't it hurting/decreasing the reflectivity of that wall?
That would be my Neem Oil spray, I will wipe the walls when I stop spraying, but no point right now when I spray every other day almost.

Sent from my LGMS395 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's Monday! So that means Malted Barley Grain tea tonight!
420-magazine-mobile287285181.jpg

MBG Tea, Per gal add;
1oz MBG
1 tsp Silica
10ml Fulvic Acid
1/4 tsp Aloe Vera powder (added in last 10mins before watering)
Also trying a new product out OminA at 1/4 tsp per gal!
420-magazine-mobile64850841.jpg

3 new things I am adding to the garden this time!!

"Yucca extract is a natural surfactant or wetting agent. Yucca schidigera contains saponins, a soapy, steroidal-like substance that acts as a natural spreader/sticker for horticultural use. It only takes a little yucca extract to be effective. As little as 1/16th teaspoon will treat over 5 gallons of water. Yucca helps water and nutrients penetrate deeper into the root zone, and yucca's natural cleaning action helps keep drip emitter lines from clogging.
Surfactants like yucca extracts are great to add to foliar sprays. Water is a polar molecule; it holds a small positive charge on one side of the water molecule and a negative charge on the other. That's why water beads up on a waxy surface. But the natural saponins in yucca extracts depolarize the water molecule, allowing foliar sprays to spread out more evenly on the waxy leaf surface. The thin film that is created covers a greater surface area on the leaf for better and more even absorption by the plant cells.
Yucca in and of itself is also good for plants, helping with water and nutrient absorption and acting as a plant protection agent. For example, yucca extracts are taking the place of copper sulfate in much of Europe to help prevent and treat fungal diseases such as apple scab. Yucca offers a natural alternative to petroleum-based surfactants and chemical sprays, and it's completely safe for the environment.

Organic yucca extracts are also a valuable addition to compost teas and other microbial inoculants. Since yucca contains complex sugars, it is a stable carbon source for plant-growth-promoting microorganisms in the root zone. Microorganisms convey many benefits to plants, including the mineralization of organic matter, improved root growth and induced resistance to pests and disease. So over time and with continuous use, yucca will help stabilize soil pH, decrease soil compaction, and increase the availability of essential trace elements to the roots.

CANE MOLASSES
Plants are autotrophic (self-feeders). In other words, plants make their own food through a process called photosynthesis, by which the plant manufactures its own sugars in the presence of full-spectrum light. Some of the sugars are used as carbon skeletons for building plant tissues, but some of the carbohydrates are "burned" to produce fast energy for vigorous growth, reproduction and cellular repair. Excess carbohydrates are stored for later use, or leaked to feed beneficial microorganisms in the root zone. In some cases, as much as 30-50% of the energy of photosynthesis is used to feed the soil-born microbes!
In soil, carbohydrates and other organic molecules feed the microorganisms, and microorganisms feed the plant. Although plants usually manufacture enough extra carbohydrates to feed a healthy population of plant-growth-promoting rhizobacteria, it is sometimes helpful to provide carbohydrate supplements. Supplementary sugars feed many of the microorganisms directly, allowing the plant to conserve some of its energy for increased productivity, quality and yield. Very little of the added carbohydrates are taken up directly by the plants, but both simple and complex carbohydrates are readily available to beneficial microorganisms. In return, the microorganisms produce growth hormones, amino acids, B-vitamins and other important biostimulants.
As more is discovered about the benefits of plant-growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR), there is a new interest in making compost teas and other microbial inoculants. Water soluble carbohydrates such as micronized molasses cane sugar are an excellent carbon source when making compost teas. Molasses not only provides a good carbon source for rapid microbial growth, but it is also loaded with essential trace elements. As beneficial microorganisms feed on the sugars, they multiply and divide, and in the process they make enzymes and co-enzymes that stimulate the plant. Trace elements activate many of the enzymes that are produced.
Plant cells and microorganisms also produce organic acids called Krebs cycle intermediates. In addition to energizing plant cells, organic acids help the plant take up important trace elements such as iron, manganese, copper and zinc. For example, if there is an iron deficiency in the soil, plants will exude citric acid and other organic acids from its roots to help make the iron more soluble. Introducing small amounts of Krebs cycle intermediates directly to the hydroponic nutrient formula can improve the transport of mineral ions, while revving up the metabolism of the plant.
Although small molecular weight organic molecules can have a beneficial effect in hydroponics, adding complex sugars directly to a hydroponic nutrient solution can have a negative effect on plant growth. Most hydroponic nutrient formulas provide about 90% of the nitrogen to the plant in its nitrate form. So if a carbon source such as sugar is added to the reservoir, a competitive advantage will be given to microorganisms that feed on nitrates and make the nitrogen unavailable to the plant! Don't add sugars to a hydroponic nutrient formula, especially during the vegetative stage when nitrogen needs are the highest.
During the later stages of fruiting and flowering, however, supplemental carbohydrates may have a beneficial effect. More than 80% of the nitrogen needs of the plant are met during the first half of the plant's life. So if nitrate nitrogen is drawn down in the final stages of plant growth, any potential negative effects would be minimized and more of the plant's energy could be used for fruit and flower production. Root zone microorganisms will also continue to stay active, feeding on excess nutrients, chelating them and making them more soluble. Therefore, sugars and other complex carbohydrates may be beneficial when flushing excess salts from the root zone."
Copyright 2013
Harley Smith

Amino Acids Dramatic Effect on Plant Growth
The addition of amino acids to hydroponic nutrient solution often has a dramatic affect on plant growth. Again, the secrets of amino acids lie in nature. As beneficial microorganisms grow and multiply in a healthy, organic soil, they produce enzymes that break down organic matter. This process is called "enzymatic hydrolysis". RAW ominA (essential) is a naturally available source of 14% vegan Nitrogen derived from plant protein. Use with Calcium for enhanced, synergistic results! L-amino acids produced by microorganisms are easily absorbed by plant cells, but synthetic amino acids produced by acid or alkaline hydrolysis have a "right-handed" orientation and are not biologically active. By adding l-amino acids derived from enzymatic hydrolysis directly to the reservoir, hydroponically-grown plants will respond in the same way as plants grown in the best organic soils.
Chelate Calcium and Accelerate Growth
Amino acids have a dramatic affect on calcium uptake by the roots; especially amino acid blends rich in the primary chelators- glutamic acid and glycine. In nature, as in hydroponics, calcium tends to react with phosphates and sulfates, precipitating out of solution as "lime scale". Lime scale makes calcium unavailable to the plant. Over time, lime scale can also form calcium deposits that clog up pumps and irrigation lines, a constant concern of hydroponic growers. Amino acid chelators, on the other hand, attach to calcium ions like a claw, preventing them from reacting with other minerals to form lime scale. At the same time, glutamic acid and glycine stimulate root cells to open up calcium ion channels, allowing plants to take up calcium ions thousands to millions of time faster than simple osmosis!
Calcium is an immobile element. In other words, once it is deposited in plant cells it cannot be moved to other parts of the plant. Therefore, a constant supply of calcium must be available to the roots of vigorously growing plants. Calcium is very important for building strong cell walls. When an abundant supply of calcium is available, cell division and cell wall expansion are accelerated.
Protect Plants from Disease, Pests and Stress
Amino acids also help protect the plants from temperature stress. Plants with weakened cell walls are more susceptible to extremes of heat and cold. For example, during frost conditions the water between the cell walls crystallizes, puncturing the cell membranes and wilting the plant. But when the plant has extra calcium pectate between the cell walls instead of water, injury to the plant is minimized. For example, it is not uncommon for lettuce plants treated with amino acids to survive two or three hard frosts! Although most hydroponic vegetables are grown in a controlled environment, future research with amino acid supplements may suggest ways of growing plants at lower temperatures, without sacrificing quality or yield. As energy costs continue to escalate, the ability to condition plants against temperature extremes may have important economic benefits to growers.
Increase Brix and Profit
The increased availability of calcium provided by amino acids has secondary benefits, as well. A plant with a strong vascular system takes up water and nutrients more efficiently, increasing the brix of the plant. Brix is a measurement of the percentage of sugar content in the sap and is a general indicator of the health and vigor of the plant. Brix is measured with a refractometer, not with an EC meter. Organic molecules do not conduct electricity, but the total dissolved solids in water bend, or refract, light. Using a brix refractometer is easy. A few drops of sap are squeezed onto the glass slide of the refractometer, and the instrument is pointed toward a light source. The higher the dissolved solids in the sap, the more it refracts light and the higher the brix reading. It has been reported that if the brix of the sap exceeds 12%, sucking insects won't even recognize the plant as food! Furthermore, for every 1% increase in brix, the freezing temperature is lowered by half a degree. Brix is also used as an objective measurement of the quality of fruit and vegetables. Premium quality produce has the highest brix levels. Therefore, plants grown with amino acid supplements are generally richer in sugars and other nutritional elements, allowing them to be sold at premium prices.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Turned my new compost pile this morning. I work the outer part of the pile and start a new pile, that way everything evenly composts, this pile is super hot!!
420-magazine-mobile1130021391.jpg
420-magazine-mobile40136468.jpg
420-magazine-mobile231545275.jpg

Back
Top Bottom