Outdoor! Need advice - 7ft plant!

I noticed some of the leaves are having alooot of amber trichomes , weird because most of them are still at 2-5% . (I'm talking about the Jack only) .

Here's some eye candy i took (all plants) with my Canon 7D mark II - 60mm macro lens :

VH2A2406.jpg
VH2A2405.jpg
VH2A2397.jpg
VH2A2393.jpg
VH2A2392.jpg
VH2A2391.jpg

Intense sunlight can rapidly degrade trichomes - perform your checking at dawn. But remember that the plant did not produce all of its trichomes at the same time, lol, so they will be of different ages. That's why it's important to make several checks, from several different locations. And you might even decide to do selective harvesting, where you look at each bud as a separate entity - and harvest each one only when it is ready.

Intense sunlight can rapidly degrade trichomes - perform your checking at dawn. But remember that the plant did not produce all of its trichomes at the same time, lol, so they will be of different ages. That's why it's important to make several checks, from several different locations. And you might even decide to do selective harvesting, where you look at each bud as a separate entity - and harvest each one only when it is ready.
Exactly what i was thinking , but harvesting buds seperately wont cause any stress to the plant ?

Your mite problem doesn't look bad at all to me. I was expecting much worse based on the leaf picture you posted earlier.
I have no experience with Avid, so can't help you there. If it is supposed to be gone after 25 days , it is probably OK. Dunno...

Your mite problem doesn't look bad at all to me. I was expecting much worse based on the leaf picture you posted earlier.
I have no experience with Avid, so can't help you there. If it is supposed to be gone after 25 days , it is probably OK. Dunno...

I know man , it was just that one leaf that had alot of mites on it , and i could see some kind of cotton thingy where i guess they hatched from . But they weren't dispersed at all just on one precise spot . Anyways , i hope Avid would do the job . Im not seeing anything related to insects anymore so im happy about that .

One last thing , do you think the sugar pop would fatten up or is this what im going to end up with ? Says on the website , outdoor harvest early october .. I'm a little worried .

The Jack Herer on the other hand says on GH seeds that the outdoor harvest is end of september . I still got around 17-18 days . Hope they pack on more size until then

Exactly what i was thinking , but harvesting buds seperately wont cause any stress to the plant ?

Are you worried about causing male flowers and that they will seed your bud? If so, keep in mind that the process is not instantaneous. Male flowers would have to develop and mature/open in order to drop pollen, then the fertilized female flowers would need to begin developing seeds (immature ones are still a PitA, lol, so that part of the process wouldn't need to be complete).

I wouldn't think you'd have a great deal of time between the start of your selective harvest and the end.

Other than that... I would not expect selective harvesting to be especially stressful. To be honest, however, I've never really given it much thought; the only time I have done so was due to not being able to drag an entire plant out of the woods at one time, lol, so the time period was only a couple of days and wouldn't count. I'd be interested in reading others' opinions/experiences on this. Hmm...

Are you worried about causing male flowers and that they will seed your bud? If so, keep in mind that the process is not instantaneous. Male flowers would have to develop and mature/open in order to drop pollen, then the fertilized female flowers would need to begin developing seeds (immature ones are still a PitA, lol, so that part of the process wouldn't need to be complete).

I wouldn't think you'd have a great deal of time between the start of your selective harvest and the end.

Other than that... I would not expect selective harvesting to be especially stressful. To be honest, however, I've never really given it much thought; the only time I have done so was due to not being able to drag an entire plant out of the woods at one time, lol, so the time period was only a couple of days and wouldn't count. I'd be interested in reading others' opinions/experiences on this. Hmm...

Lol guerilla grow ?

And yea i was wondering if my plant would turn hermie , but yea i don't think so , it would need alot of time to convert .

I use the strain descriptions for when to harvest only as a very rough guideline. They usually take longer and this year a lot of growers seem to have slow pokes growing outdoors. If it says harvest on October 1, I'd guess mid to late October.

I use the strain descriptions for when to harvest only as a very rough guideline. They usually take longer and this year a lot of growers seem to have slow pokes growing outdoors. If it says harvest on October 1, I'd guess mid to late October.

Alright , will take that into consideration . Thank you

Back
Top Bottom