Overwatering or nitro toxicity?

StreetReligion

420 Member
So I’ve been running a living soil coco coir and perlite. I’ll list pictures of my nutrients. But I do a compost tea as well.. plants were really healthy at one point than they just drastically changed. Initially I was running two viparspectures 600 watts and on ygrow 600. I switched to my hlg 320 and six cob LED’s as well. Fed a compost tea and they have been looking horrible every since. I let them dry because I thought maybe it was over watered I let them wilt from being dehydrated and than introduced fresh water no nutes and they perked back up a bit but they still look very unpleasant can someone give me some pointers please??
9549FEC6-5DC5-4CF6-BAC9-969DB1352C8E.jpeg
EE0A5CFE-6C77-41BE-8D54-3278116936EF.jpeg
51E27D3C-E890-4665-85CA-D28494D35B57.jpeg
319AEA95-8624-458D-8590-842F184938B4.jpeg
CA286F35-7F6B-4AC4-8C60-BA82E3B66D7E.jpeg
6EC20F8E-B00C-4ABC-92A0-50DF2EEF55F7.jpeg
FF1E2C10-2329-4C2A-A7FB-6DA5646B6FEE.jpeg
5DCF3E45-B311-4C8E-B72B-EB78D0FD2AFC.jpeg

Like microbes and such. I feed microbes to my soil as well as the dry nutrients I feed all contribute to beneficial bacteria. My medium is coco coir and perlite. And my bags are 2 gallon bags.

So I’ve been running a living soil coco coir and perlite. I’ll list pictures of my nutrients. But I do a compost tea as well.. plants were really healthy at one point than they just drastically changed. Initially I was running two viparspectures 600 watts and on ygrow 600. I switched to my hlg 320 and six cob LED’s as well. Fed a compost tea and they have been looking horrible every since. I let them dry because I thought maybe it was over watered I let them wilt from being dehydrated and than introduced fresh water no nutes and they perked back up a bit but they still look very unpleasant can someone give me some pointers please??
9549FEC6-5DC5-4CF6-BAC9-969DB1352C8E.jpeg
EE0A5CFE-6C77-41BE-8D54-3278116936EF.jpeg
51E27D3C-E890-4665-85CA-D28494D35B57.jpeg
319AEA95-8624-458D-8590-842F184938B4.jpeg
CA286F35-7F6B-4AC4-8C60-BA82E3B66D7E.jpeg
6EC20F8E-B00C-4ABC-92A0-50DF2EEF55F7.jpeg
FF1E2C10-2329-4C2A-A7FB-6DA5646B6FEE.jpeg
5DCF3E45-B311-4C8E-B72B-EB78D0FD2AFC.jpeg
To me it looks like over watering and the very beginning stages of nitrogen toxicity, the dark pale green leaves are a tell but it's hard to tell with out having yellowing tips or if your plants are drooping because it makes it hard to spot the clawing.

lol, a mass of contradictions here... but it looks like you over did it with the nutes. You can't over water coco
I always disagree with this fallacy, show me a perpetual water system with coco, watering it that much is just a waste of physical exertion as the plant will be fine drying out a little still damp never all the way dry, but I guess to each their own.
He has his coco is bags. I see root rot in his future if he's watering two times a day in bag pots especially if they have no drainage.

I always disagree with this fallacy, show me a perpetual water system with coco, watering it that much is just a waste of physical exertion as the plant will be fine drying out a little still damp never all the way dry, but I guess to each their own.
Yeah and it’s not a means of overwatering it’s more so to frequent of watering which’s depletes the roots from oxygen and in turn becomes overwatered..

Yeah and it’s not a means of overwatering it’s more so to frequent of watering which’s depletes the roots from oxygen and in turn becomes overwatered..
Sure sure, how about you show me and put my foot in my mouth get a plant get it in coco and water it two times a day, be sure to plant a second one and water it less so you have something to show when you post.

tell us what pH you are adjusting every fluid that hits your coco to... then we can start advising.
Well I’ve done a few researches where it’s said to not ph water when you you work on the living soil, that the living bacteria’s are supposed to buffer the soil itself. And I’ve never seen anyone ph compost tea either so I haven’t been phing at all.. I made an aerated compost tea with fish fert in the pics molasses kelp and compost.

Well I’ve done a few researches where it’s said to not ph water when you you work on the living soil, that the living bacteria’s are supposed to buffer the soil itself. And I’ve never seen anyone ph compost tea either so I haven’t been phing at all.. I made an aerated compost tea with fish fert in the pics molasses kelp and compost.
Depends on what you're working with.. coco and soiless mixes tend to have basic or acidic tenancies plus rain water is 5.6 ph so maybe this is a factor in natures mechanisms. also with these mediums you have to add nutrients which also messes up the ph.

Sure sure, how about you show me and put my foot in my mouth get a plant get it in coco and water it two times a day, be sure to plant a second one and water it less so you have something to show when you post.
I was only watering my coco about every three days in the bags as you see.. I dunno man it’s only my second grow and I’m not sure exactly what I’m doing wrong which is why I’m here

When you try to lift a pot is it heavy? have you been Phing your run off?
I just watered a couple of days ago and I did the pot test and of course i let them dry wilt because of the overwatering wilt didn’t want to water again too soon. They were very light than. I watered and they filled in the open canopy gaps but continued to have this sickly look to them. And no I haven’t ph any water at all I read that when trying to do a living soil the living matter in the soil buffers the ph for you.

You are not even close to being in a living soil... first it is not soil.. second, it is not living, no matter how many living organisms you push through there with your teas... your organisms have NO organics to eat other than the few you have supplied with your tea, so the normal organic living soil/microlife/roots interaction can not happen.

Now if this was actual soil, with some good organics in it... this would be a completely different grow. Are you using any commercial nutes at all? Might I suggest getting some Roots Organic and using that to feed your plants along with your teas? You do know that the plants are going to need a lot more than nitrogen soon, right? Roots Organic will allow you to simulate an organic grow, even in coco, and even without pH adjusting. So far you are getting by because you are supplying a good deal of nitrogen and nitrogen is available across a wide pH range... this situation is going to change rapidly when you switch to flower.

Again your recommendation would be what?? Because I’m only on my second grow so no I’m not to certain about anything I’m doing I’m just trying and apparently I’m not doings things correctly. Is there a chance to keep my garden or should I just kill it and start over again?

Again your recommendation would be what?? Because I’m only on my second grow so no I’m not to certain about anything I’m doing I’m just trying and apparently I’m not doings things correctly. Is there a chance to keep my garden or should I just kill it and start over again?
no, dont kill it... lets just help you understand the feeding process a little better. You seem to be set on organic... so do a search for Roots Organic and respond after you have looked at their products.

Back
Top Bottom